• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

A "government shutdown" isn't actually a government shutdown.
No because the members of the House and Senate still get paid. The rest of the Government is out of money and outside the Armed Forces and other essential services, cannot work.

No because the members of the House and Senate still get paid. The rest of the Government is out of money and outside the Armed Forces and other essential services, cannot work.
I just learned that the Armed Forces personnel don’t necessarily get paid, unless there is a provision to do so.

I’m not sure whether that has been signed yet.

If this is correct, eventually federal employees (not contractors) get their back pay. As for non-essential services, well, they're non-essential.

Meanwhile the impeachment thing seems to be going quite well…
It is going well. Everyone already knows - or should if they have been paying attention - that it's the inquiry that was desired, not an actual impeachment. As to an inquiry, the "GOP witness" Turley does, in fact, support it : "But I also believe that the House has passed the threshold for an impeachment inquiry into the conduct of President Biden."

A large number of people persist in overlooking that allowing one's influence to be sold to benefit one's family and friends and colleagues is a corrupt practice, even if one does not personally ever see a dime. Everyone touting "no evidence Biden personally benefited" is conveniently leaving that out.

It is going well. Everyone already knows - or should if they have been paying attention - that it's the inquiry that was desired, not an actual impeachment. As to an inquiry, the "GOP witness" Turley does, in fact, support it : "But I also believe that the House has passed the threshold for an impeachment inquiry into the conduct of President Biden."

A large number of people persist in overlooking that allowing one's influence to be sold to benefit one's family and friends and colleagues is a corrupt practice, even if one does not personally ever see a dime. Everyone touting "no evidence Biden personally benefited" is conveniently leaving that out.
Except the evidence points to then VP Biden actually doing something that didn’t benefit him, and hurt his son.
Any reasonable Republican has already dismissed this is a farce design to throw mid for spite as opposed to anything credible.

If this is correct, eventually federal employees (not contractors) get their back pay. As for non-essential services, well, they're non-essential.
The problem is that in Virginia, were the majority of .gov employees are, the vast majority of those workers don’t have a significant nest egg to tide them over.

Large contractors will also take significant hits, as there is no back pay there.

Non Essential employees is a bit of a misnomer, and frankly the minority of MAGA muppets that reneged on the Bipartisan Deal, are going to make it really tough for any Republican, as people aren’t stupid and see what Trump has done here, and the fact he was totally willing to throw 7.3 Trilion onto the fire when he was POTUS.

At the rate the GOP is going, I’ll be voting Democrat in House, Senate and Presidential elections simply to spite my Party for allowing it to be controlled by fucksticks.

Sure, but if the provision for Active Duty members doesn’t get signed (they have…oh, 2 days at this point), then it’ll be fun for those Ptes/Cpls when bills keep coming and they’re not getting paid.

As an aside, it’s completely mind-boggling to me that whether US federal employees (incl US Armed Forces) get paid after October every year is, in essence, a big “…maybe?”

Sure, but if the provision for Active Duty members doesn’t get signed (they have…oh, 2 days at this point), then it’ll be fun for those Ptes/Cpls when bills keep coming and they’re not getting paid.

As an aside, it’s completely mind-boggling to me that whether US federal employees (incl US Armed Forces) get paid after October every year is, in essence, a big “…maybe?”
It’s not just employees not getting paid that is mind blowing t’s the fact the USG has run out of allocated operating money because of petty squabbles by elected officials.

Meanwhile Trump continues to do "weird Trump shit"
I'm no fan of Gen Milley, but suggesting his execution may just be a "little" extreme

I don't think it got much more than a shrug.

The fun has only begun. Wait a few more years until all reasonable timelines for recalibrating mandatory social spending are exhausted.

Given what he’s claimed in the past and what he recently said about the danger of electric boats I can see why.
I don’t think at this point anyone can claim with a straight face that Trump isn’t suffering some sort of cognitive disorder.

He just says the stupidest things, from criminal to absurd.

I don’t think at this point anyone can claim with a straight face that Trump isn’t suffering some sort of cognitive disorder.

He just says the stupidest things, from criminal to absurd.
He’s certainly a continuous fountain of baffling absurdity. Problem is some of what he says has potential to motivate deranged people to do dangerous things.

He’s certainly a continuous fountain of baffling absurdity. Problem is some of what he says has potential to motivate deranged people to do dangerous things.
Indeed, and he’s also inspired some of his sycophants to repeat threats.
See Rep. Gosar and the equally dimwitted MTG.

Back