• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Status
Not open for further replies.
He lost the last one. cue complaining about it not being legit even though nobody has been able to prove otherwise Even with the election he did win he still lost the popular vote.

Their system in it's current form is not auditable. There are too many factors with loose controls (mass mail-in-ballots, electronic systems, uncontrolled voter rolls, mass illegal immigration etc.) to be able to say one way or the other... this can only be by design and as a result it's not valid.

Other countries have much more tight election controls and have purposely stayed away from systems that can be manipulated more easily.

Remius show us all on your MPRR where you have the advanced mind reading qualification.
Don’t be daft. It doesn’t take that qual to know exactly how you think. You are many things but you are at least consistant in your world view.
As to who will be ok or not, win or lose, we are all likely to be less ok with either a Trudeau and/or Harris win.
See above as to why I just need a PLAR in regards to the mind reading qual. You’ll be ok if Trump loses just like I will be if he wins.
I surmise Trump's chances are greater then what is being offered in the MSM. One metric I base this on is the RCP Direction of Country poll over time. Here you can see that, on average, during Trumps reign of terror, more people felt things were going in right direction and less in wrong direction comparative to prior and current administrations.

Except that was reflected in the polls at that time. You are saying that the polls are likely wider in Trumps favour now because a poll “back when” showed a higher favorability rating?

I don’t mind you thinking the polls may not be showing the full picture. I don’t completely disagree. How you get to that conclusion is a bit weird.

Except that was reflected in the polls at that time. You are saying that the polls are likely wider in Trumps favour now because a poll “back when” showed a higher favorability rating?

I don’t mind you thinking the polls may not be showing the full picture. I don’t completely disagree. How you get to that conclusion is a bit weird.

I'm not saying "polls" are likely wider now. I'm saying the voter sentiment is wider then the current polls of Harris vs Trump suggest. The specific poll I showed is an actual measurement to the theme of "were you better off then or now" - right direction vs wrong direction, which I think is important.

They've had four years of Biden/DNC to contrast and it was on average worse for them than fours of Trump was. A lot of people voted for Biden because they thought it would be better. It wasn't, as that poll shows. Many of them will swing back.

so no election in the US has ever been legit? or just the one that Trump lost? If he wins this one how will you prove it's a legit win if the system is not auditable?

That's a tougher question. I liken it to the "when did the news become so corrupt wrt politics" question. We only see it so blatantly now because we have social media and the internet, which allows for almost immediate "fact checking" such as producing the whole video, or the entire statement... but for how long has the nightly news been massaging the story for one reason or another before the internet came along?

If I had to guess, I'd say games started to be played with each new variable; electronic voting/tabulating, mass mail-in, etc. These are vulnerabilities that cannot be totally controlled. And by the time you take a look, it's too late.

If Trump wins this one, they just didn't manage to cheat quite enough to get them over the line (like 2016). They overshot in 2020 ('ol crooked Joe Biden getting more votes then the charismatic Obama did is laughable). 2024 will be interesting.

If Trump wins this one, they just didn't manage to cheat quite enough to get them over the line (like 2016).
or he cheated enough to win, after all according to you there is no way to ensure the system is legitimate.

They overshot in 2020 ('ol crooked Joe Biden getting more votes then the charismatic Obama did is laughable). 2024 will be interesting.

more people voted in 2020 than in past elections, ergo more people voted for the winning candidate. Makes sense especially given who Biden was running against.

Last edited:
or he cheated enough to win, after all according to you there is no way to ensure the system is legitimate.

more people voted in 2020 than in past elections, ergo more people voted for the winning candidate. Makes sense especially given who Biden was running against.
QV’s just setting his preferred narrative up well in advance; he’s been at it for months. In his mind Trump cannot conceivably lose; therefore, if the Dems win narrowly it’s because they cheated. If they win by a relatively large margin it can only be because they cheated. That’s why he strains himself to drop ‘Margin of Cheating’ references every few weeks. Just tell the lie over and over and hope it sticks.

In his mind Trump cannot conceivably lose
Well that makes sense, after all a man known for stiffing his contractors, cheating on every one of his wives, being twice impeached, convicted on 34 felony counts with prosecution on more to come, and who openly sucks up to and admires dictators would never cheat in an election. /sarcasm

Despite the bickering here showing how deeply fractured the US is and that fracture migrating to Canada, this thread is getting locked up to stop the election spam from spilling over into other threads. If someone has something actually on topic that isn't about the US Election/usual political suspects then please report this post to moderator with your content so we can decide whether its worth opening up a moderation war on 2 fronts.

- Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back