• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

In the House Rep Paul Gosar was even more pointed and called for Gen Milley to be killed --- I'm frankly stunned no one seems to care other than on Twitter - and I'm a little upset that the Capital Police didn't drag him out and charge him.

DC Code, § 22–2107​

Penalty for solicitation of murder or other crime of violence.​

(a) Whoever is guilty of soliciting a murder, whether or not such murder occurs, shall be sentenced to a period of imprisonment not exceeding 20 years, a fine not more than the amount set forth in § 22-3571.01, or both.

(b) Whoever is guilty of soliciting a crime of violence as defined by § 23-1331(4), whether or not such crime occurs, shall be sentenced to a period of imprisonment not exceeding 10 years, a fine of not more than the amount set forth in § 22-3571.01, or both.
Sounds like a POS

Even his family doesn’t like him.

I'm not aware of the context nor familiar with the system. If he said it on the floor of the House, is there some manner of immunity?
Not for criminal acts…
I suspect no one wants to push it in DC at this point, but at some point I think seditious actions and the like are going to need to get screws put to them.
Like MTG suggesting that some states leave the union.
How’d that work out last time — oddly it’s the Republican Party that’s guilty this time.

George Orwell seems to have been clairvoyant.

Cool, whatever. I’m not here to play ‘what about’ games tonight. Trump and Trumpism have a particularly potent, widespread, and dangerous potential and some demonstrated ability to instigate political violence in the United States, in a way no other individual nor their cult of personality in the US presently or in recent memory can. If you want to have a different conversation from that, have at ‘er, but that’s what I’m speaking to.

Instigating violence was best displayed during the mostly peaceful city block and courthouse burning parties casually supported by one side.

Trump already served a term, not like that is an unknown quantity... there were no new wars among other notable accomplishments... so you won't sell "Trump is violent" to probably more than 40% of the country and even then only with widespread media disinformation and deliberate lies.

Surprised you fail to recognize how dangerous it is when institutions, who are supposed to be trusted, game the system against one side.

Instigating violence was best displayed during the mostly peaceful city block and courthouse burning parties casually supported by one side.

Trump already served a term, not like that is an unknown quantity... there were no new wars among other notable accomplishments... so you won't sell "Trump is violent" to probably more than 40% of the country and even then only with widespread media disinformation and deliberate lies.

Surprised you fail to recognize how dangerous it is when institutions, who are supposed to be trusted, game the system against one side.
All of which should be appropriately investigated and prosecuted. Many have been.

Not one of them threatened the peaceful transition of political power from an incumbent president to a newly elected one, potentially usurping the realization of the expressed will of the voters. And of course you know that- but you’ve always been strangely picky about which ‘system gaming’ you object to, and you’ve never entered this discussion with much objectivity or evidence of good faith. Don’t worry that I’m suddenly expecting it of you now. Have a pleasant rest od your day.

All of which should be appropriately investigated and prosecuted. Many have been.

Not one of them threatened the peaceful transition of political power from an incumbent president to a newly elected one, potentially usurping the realization of the expressed will of the voters. And of course you know that- but you’ve always been strangely picky about which ‘system gaming’ you object to, and you’ve never entered this discussion with much objectivity or evidence of good faith. Don’t worry that I’m suddenly expecting it of you now. Have a pleasant rest od your day.

Hanging onto the myth there was actually an attempt at illegally overturning the election is next level TDS just like the Russia collusion hoax etc etc.

And I will enjoy my day, thank you. :)

Hanging onto the myth there was actually an attempt at illegally overturning the election
Just to be clear, are you denying that things like that fake elector scheme, calls to find 11k votes in Georgia actually happened, or are you semantically claiming that they shouldn't be described as an "an attempt at illegally overturning the election?"

Speaker McCarthy has just been voted out as House Speaker...don't think its in print yet, just saw a special report on TV

Speaker McCarthy has just been voted out as House Speaker...don't think its in print yet, just saw a special report on TV

I didn’t think the vote happened yet? Gaetz tabled the matter but I think it goes to vote in a couple days? Possible that it changed, I’ve had a busy afternoon.

EDIT TO ADD: I was wrong, he’s gone. Wow. What magnificent dysfunction.

I didn’t think the vote happened yet? Gaetz tabled the matter but I think it goes to vote in a couple days? Possible that it changed, I’ve had a busy afternoon.
ABC just interrupted the Tampa/Texas game in the middle of play to announce it....EDIT ..at the time of my original post

General Kelly had this to say about fallen heroes,

I don't recall reading of an American president saying anything like this.

My comment will be - I was shocked and appalled to read this story.

Or, maybe we have reached a point where it rates little more than a shrug and whataboutism. < dunno emoji.

General Kelly had this to say about fallen heroes,

I don't recall reading of an American president saying anything like this.

My comment will be - I was shocked and appalled to read this story.

Or, maybe we have reached a point where it rates little more than a shrug and whataboutism. < dunno emoji.
Just more proof Trump is a total shitbag.

Back