• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Seal Hunt Mega-Thread

Zpperhead,
You were in NY last week also?? I left the day before Patty's day. Great time prior though, there is this little Irish pub, kitty corner from MSG, where it was St. Paddy's week......the name [ and some memories] escape me.

TCBF said:
"I can't believe there hasn't been a better seal hunt PR effort.  Maybe it could be "Seal, the other, other white meat" or something."

- See? See?  That's what I'm on about!  I have Grade 2 Page 4 Thunder Bay, and even I can see your PR blows chunks.  Lots of rockin babes on the rock, putt 'em in sealskin undies and get them struttin' they stuff.  The world will follow - drooling.

"Sealskin - the New Latex!"

Man , I should SO be in marketing.

;D

Tom

You have me sold!  I would buy something once a week just to see the adds and watch the world implode with flipper-loving rage.

Bruce, was the bar called "STOUT"?  Big two level Irish pub just bristling with honeys? It is in the general area.  I can't believe you didn't stick around for St. Pats.  I might have walked past you if you flew out of LaGuardia, because I got in at around 9am on Thursday.  That city is crazy for the uniforms.  Friday was a can't-pay-for-a-drink blur.

That's a wicked marketing idea. You should head down to St. John's here and start it up. The girls here would look really sexy in sealskin undies, for sure.

zipperhead_cop said:
You have me sold!  I would buy something once a week just to see the adds and watch the world implode with flipper-loving rage.

Bruce, was the bar called "STOUT"?  Big two level Irish pub just bristling with honeys? It is in the general area.  I can't believe you didn't stick around for St. Pats.  I might have walked past you if you flew out of LaGuardia, because I got in at around 9am on Thursday.  That city is crazy for the uniforms.  Friday was a can't-pay-for-a-drink blur.

i need to move to one of those cities.... Hamilton is alright, but its getting too much burlington, oakville and toronto, "Down with the uniformed oppressors" kinda attitude.. or the girls seem to think the only cool guys are the ones with a buisness portfolio etc...  apparently guys who accually WORK for a living arnt appreciated here...

"That's a wicked marketing idea. You should head down to St. John's here and start it up. The girls here would look really sexy in sealskin undies, for sure."

- I am a little contractually committed at the moment.  Do all of your entrepreneurs have to come from the mainland?

Tom

Cpl Thompson said:
i need to move to one of those cities.... Hamilton is alright, but its getting too much burlington, oakville and toronto, "Down with the uniformed oppressors" kinda attitude.. or the girls seem to think the only cool guys are the ones with a buisness portfolio etc...  apparently guys who accually WORK for a living arnt appreciated here...

You can still get a four room house in a crime free (virtually) neighborhood, fully detached with a big yard, two car garage and all the other crap for $275,000.  Two bedroom detached that are older in working class but okay neighborhoods go for around $140,000.  We have lots of fine local honey's, and every weekend we import around 5000 from the US to come and drink two years earlier than at home.  We are one of the few cities that still are in a growth spurt, and have a great (read as rare) relationship with other law enforcement agencies that are in the area.  Yes, we have it good here.

Careful, I don't want this topic to stray too far off course and get closed down again...

Okay, back on topic:

"That's a wicked marketing idea. You should head down to St. John's here and start it up. The girls here would look really sexy in sealskin undies, for sure."

- I am a little contractually committed at the moment.  Do all of your entrepreneurs have to come from the mainland?

Tom

Many do, simply because that is where the money lies. Our province has been raped of it's resources and it's people deprived from the profits. Nowadays it's mostly non-Newfoundlanders who come in to setup shop. DOesn't bother me though, like I said, imagine our ladies in sealskin undies  :o

THis will open a WHOLE NEW can of worms!!! Read this!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=P8&xml=/health/2006/03/27/nmills26.xml

Now, Heather Mills Mccartney is trying to ban milk!!

I can't contain the laughter anymore.

Hi Guys

Don't know if anyone has raised this yet but the "HUmane Society of the United States" has absolutely nothing to do with yourlocal, or any, animal shelter.  It is a very large, very wealthy organization with a very hardcore "animal rights" agenda.  Do a google for "Humane Society of the United States" for more.  Apparently they get enormous mileage out of piggybacking on the belief that they're the in the same business as the local "Humane Society" shelter :tsktsk:

You know what?? If it hasn't been said yet.. I have to say it... (can't look thru 25 pages, sorry!):

This topic is Phoque'd!!!

HAHA

HDE said:
Hi Guys

Don't know if anyone has raised this yet but the "HUmane Society of the United States" has absolutely nothing to do with yourlocal, or any, animal shelter.  It is a very large, very wealthy organization with a very hardcore "animal rights" agenda.  Do a google for "Humane Society of the United States" for more.  Apparently they get enormous mileage out of piggybacking on the belief that they're the in the same business as the local "Humane Society" shelter :tsktsk:

On a similar note: http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

To add silicone to the flinging of internal body parts, Pamela Anderson too has joined the voices of the rich and well off, decrying the seal hunters as being "greedy." http://www.mytelus.com/music/article.do?pageID=home&articleID=2211936&lid=hp2

What we need are seal farms where seals stay for a while before being killed, this killing animals in the wild the old fashioned way just isn't acceptable to these protesters.

CanEhdian said:
What we need are seal farms where seals stay for a while before being killed, this killing animals in the wild the old fashioned way just isn't acceptable to these protesters.

I agree, prehaps if we all had floating slaughterhouses and herded the seals in there first, it would make it 'ok' to use and consume/wear seal products.

No ....Pam...not you too!!!!    I find it amusing that these celebs, who live in a fantasy world of acting, singing and dancing, feel the need to affect government policy. Just because they have thousands of fans the world over, it makes them really feel that their accomplishments they've achieved with respect to their careers warrent them to try and sway government policy. Overglorified clowns. They really believe that they're that important in the grand scheme of things, don't they?

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&pubid=968163964505&cid=1143548499386&col=968705899037&call_page=TS_News&call_pageid=968332188492&call_pagepath=News/News

Now Pamela Anderson protests against seal hunt
Mar. 28, 2006. 03:42 PM
CANADIAN PRESS

Calling the seal hunt "barbaric," bombshell actress Pamela Anderson has asked for a meeting with Prime Minister Stephen Harper following her hosting duties at Sunday's Juno Awards in Halifax.

"As a proud Canadian who frequently travels abroad, I am alarmed that people are starting to see Canada as a country more beholden to a pack of greedy hunters and to the seal-skin `fashion' whims of a few countries than to the massive international outcry against the hunt," Anderson, a vocal member of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, said in a letter faxed to Harper's office.

"One of the biggest problems facing the U.S. government is appearing aloof about its own hostile behaviour; I'd hate to see that happen north of the border too."

The actor and model said she's collected thousands of signatures via an online PETA petition protesting the seal hunt.

Anderson, who is from Ladysmith, B.C., said she wants to visit Ottawa on Monday to meet with Harper.

The seal hunt, which started last weekend, has attracted plenty of celebrity protesters this year, including former Beatle Paul McCartney and his wife Heather Mills. Brigitte Bardot visited Ottawa earlier this month asking for a meeting with government officials but was refused. Singer Morrissey has said he won't include Canada on any tours until the seal hunt ends.

Harper has repeatedly defended the seal hunt, saying that Canada is the "victim of a bit of an international propaganda campaign."

I think sending Pam in is an excellent tactic on Peta's part.  Who could concentrate on the issue(s) at hand with Pam standing in front of you marking double time.    :o

So far I've read about ten pages of this topic and i have not seen anyone mention the fact that the seals are overpopulated and are actually eating themselves to death.
Seals and humans are the two main species consuming the cod fish stock today and nobody but the fishermen seem to care. So before every one thinks of the seal hunt as being "Barbaric" they should get all the facts first and realize that without the seal hunt other species in the food chain will be affected negatively by the large population of seals.

Back