• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

I hate that we use terms like "destroys". How about corrects, or successfully debates ?
Agreed. You see that a lot on YouTube and such.

PP and Trudeau have been debating each other for a while so I’m not sure what people are expecting.

Trudeau was supposed to get destroyed in the ring. Harper was going to destroy him at the debates. Etc etc. None of that really happened.

PP is definitely a scrapper but he should, like everyone else, not underestimate JT’s abilities in a debate.

Agreed. His handling of the situation with this reporter was rather impressive, given his past engagement style. It’s a lot more measured, confident and dare I say prime ministerial. It’s a positive trend for him.

Agreed. His handling of the situation with this reporter was rather impressive, given his past engagement style. It’s a lot more measured, confident and dare I say prime ministerial. It’s a positive trend for him.
Concur with your statement. Still waiting for the policy platform, but I know that we won't see that until the election is called.
I have never voted Liberal or NDP and to be honest I'm hesitant about PP, but he seems to be getting better in improving his image as a leader.

Concur with your statement. Still waiting for the policy platform, but I know that we won't see that until the election is called.
I have never voted Liberal or NDP and to be honest I'm hesitant about PP, but he seems to be getting better in improving his image as a leader.
What makes you hesitant about PP?

Trudeau was supposed to get destroyed in the ring. Harper was going to destroy him at the debates. Etc etc. None of that really happened.

No one really watches debates. I wouldn't be surprised if PP decides not to attend if he's still massively ahead in the polls.

Who are these people? What is their place?

Who are you to define either?

I know you weren't directing at me but... these people are liars and manipulators, that's who. Their place is to be shut down and ignored in the least, and prosecuted if their deliberate lies bring harm to any person or impact electoral results. Any person in this country who is sick and tired of the media bullshit can and should make that definition.

I know you weren't directing at me but... these people are liars and manipulators, that's who. Their place is to be shut down and ignored in the least, and prosecuted if their deliberate lies bring harm to any person or impact electoral results. Any person in this country who is sick and tired of the media bullshit can and should make that definition.
:salute:. Carry on, champion of cancel culture.

And you may continue to give a pass to deliberate wrong doing no matter the impact. Good day.

What makes you hesitant about PP?
I cannot tell any specific reason why, but I just don't like him from what I've seen of him on TV. Something about him rubs me the wrong way and I have the strong urge to punch him for good measure. I wasn't happy with him cozying up to the convoy protesters - I'm all for freedom of speech and protest, but not when it breaks the laws and is disrespectful of the local citizens. I had to live through the noise, taking over of city streets, their blatant disregard to the local businesses trying to survive, walking into stores yelling freedom and so forth.

Sorry, no specific or logical reason, except bad chemistry.

I cannot tell any specific reason why, but I just don't like him from what I've seen of him on TV. Something about him rubs me the wrong way and I have the strong urge to punch him for good measure. I wasn't happy with him cozying up to the convoy protesters - I'm all for freedom of speech and protest, but not when it breaks the laws and is disrespectful of the local citizens. I had to live through the noise, taking over of city streets, their blatant disregard to the local businesses trying to survive, walking into stores yelling freedom and so forth.

Sorry, no specific or logical reason, except bad chemistry.

That's because you're a bully! ;)

As for the convoy, he was there in the first few days before it turned into a complete circus and they overstayed their welcome.

I suppose that someone who finds himself instinctively wanting to "punch somebody", ought to do a deep dive on what is causing that. Is it superficial factors (eg. the way a person looks, or the sound of his voice) or idea-based?

So, nobody likes any of the Federal leaders Parties

FTFY.

Its really the main problem we have within our Westminster-style parliament. I may like one local candidate more than the others, however, their Party (and Party Leader) influences more than their own personal merits or flaws.

I wonder how much more functioning our democracy would be, should we have a house full of Independants who vote on the Prime Minister and cabinet à la the Speaker. Pipe dream I know...

Back