• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tracking problems with the forum upgrade [Post here]

George,

All caps words are not spell checked, they're assumed to be acronyms or incoherent ranting. ;)

Mike,
While trying to make edits, underline, Hughlight in preview mode.....
I try to select a range - but can't highlight it... have to go Edit, select all from the Windows explorer function line.... and even then, the buttons in the preview mode do not depress

geo,

It's the DIN's javascript blockers at play again... The post/edit window uses a fair amount of javascript to make the buttons and dynamic editing work, but much of that is blocked at the DIN's perimeter. As a result, the features behind the javascript don't work when you're on a DIN computer... most of the time anyway.

Hmmm... seems like chat only works when you go there from army.ca:

http://army.ca/php/chat.php

Going there through Navy.ca etc. doesn't seem to work. That's about as far as I can take the troubleshooting tonight...

I always log in through Navy.ca. I can NOT log into chat since the upgrade. Since the upgrade, the only time I view the Navy.ca colour theme is on the home page. All other pages are the green on green on white...*OH SHEETE!!!* It's Army..... :nod: :nod: :nod:

Chat via Navy.ca may be working now... (at least in my tests) Can someone confirm?

Everything's Army green for the moment, but it's on the list. :)

Thank you for the chat Mike. It's working on this end now.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Chat via Navy.ca may be working now... (at least in my tests) Can someone confirm?

Everything's Army green for the moment, but it's on the list. :)

and....there's a problem with this?

Mike Bobbitt said:
It's not my new colour scheme, it's the forum default... Now for the lengthy task of recreating that old familiar green... and blue, and grey and other blue. Yikes.

The biggest problem, for me, is the white text in the pale green quote box; it is very, very hard to read - barely readable at all in long quotes.

It would look much better in e.g. black:

Mike Bobbitt said:
It's not my new colour scheme, it's the forum default... Now for the lengthy task of recreating that old familiar green... and blue, and grey and other blue. Yikes.

Another, lesser problem is that attached* pictures appear, for me anyway, over on the right side of the screen.  This appears to be common for Chrome, Firefox and IE8(RC1).

----------
* Not embedded using the [img ]_____[ /img] thingy - those pictures appear as they should.

Michael O'Leary said:
Mike, can we increase the font size in the quote boxes within posts?

Done, and the colours match Edward's request.

Post of anyone else are ok for me, but when I view my own posts some are off centre and some are normal. Is this an upgrade item or my system?

Back