• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tracking problems with the forum upgrade [Post here]

And the Lord said "Let there Be LIGHT!!".................and Mike changed the colors!  ;D

Mike Bobbitt said:
Usernames should now be visible.

Oddly enough, it wasn't for this single post......Your name in both the starter of the topic and Author of the Post, is translucent.

Might have taken a couple of loads for you to get the new style sheet info... does it all look OK now?

It's all good, Mike. Thank you!

I couldn't respond to PMs/threads or log out for the past little while.  I use Safari and whenever I try to respond to a PM or thread I get "session timed out while posting - please try to resend", or when I try to log out I get "session verification failed." 

I read something similar but the problem in that case was that two different browsers are up (which isn't the case.)  Sometimes it works if I continuously try to re-post but it's hit and miss.

Thoughts?

Dimsum said:
I couldn't respond to PMs/threads or log out for the past little while.  I use Safari and whenever I try to respond to a PM or thread I get "session timed out while posting - please try to resend", or when I try to log out I get "session verification failed." 

I read something similar but the problem in that case was that two different browsers are up (which isn't the case.)  Sometimes it works if I continuously try to re-post but it's hit and miss.

Thoughts?

I was getting the hang-time around the same time as you were earlier this evening. And have just experienced another in the past few minutes. One browser. Explorer.

Sometimes using the back button or browsing in multiple tabs simultaneously can cause that problem to occur. I haven't noticed any "new" issues in the last couple of weeks, just the same old ones. ;)

Not sure if it was just me, but all the posting links were gone when I opened the link today. I relogged back in and they came up. If my login had timed out, why would it still show me logged in?......

I don't think this is related to the upgrade as I've only noticed it happening in the last week or so.

In the mornings, I go through the forum, reading all the new posts.  Of course, I use the "Show unread posts..." link after I've gone through the ones showing on the main board.  Usually (during the week anyway) there's a list of maybe 15-20 new posts.

The problem is, I will click on a few of the unread post threads and catch up, but a couple of times this week, several unread posts have disappeared without my having looked at them at all.  For instance, I have a list of 10, look at one and when I go back to unread posts, there's only 2 left.

Anyone else having this issue?

Different issue: this appears to happen only with Army.ca; when I enter text directly into the Post reply box my computer's keyboard is, sometimes switched to Canadian French or to Canadian Multilingual Standard. I emphasize the "sometimes," it did not happen while I entered this text; as nearly as I can tell it does not happen when I enter text (which is, I admit, a rare event) on other web site or (very often) on other applications on my computer. It does not appear to occur on my Linux box, only the MS Vista box.

I'll add to the pile....

Around 9:30-10:00 pm every evening, the loading of pages slowwws right down to about 5 minutes per.....I just assumed is was something running in the background on the server...

GAP, have you still noticed the slowdown? Might have been me tinkering... or it might be a backup job running at a bad time.

Edward, is it possible that a key combo is switching languages somehow? I always disable everything but the one language I (arguably) know so I never encounter this... but I understand that sometimes combos like ALT-shift and shift-CAPS LOCK can switch locales on you.

Moe, I haven't seen any missing unread posts... but honestly I don't use that feature too much. Anyone else noticing unread posts marked as read all of a sudden?

Yes, it still occuring, generally between 9:30 - 10:30pm. Pages are taking up to 3 minutes to load.

It is not insurmountable, just annoying. I still think something like a defrag/backup/scan is happening, as it has that feel to it.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Moe, I haven't seen any missing unread posts... but honestly I don't use that feature too much. Anyone else noticing unread posts marked as read all of a sudden?

Well, I was going to say it hadn't happened in a while but there it goes again this morning.  At one point I had approx 12 unread threads, the next click only showed two, the next showed four and the last one, only two again.  It seems to be a work thing.  Same as the "expanding" text box.

Edit to add:  It doesn't really mark them as "read".  If I go into each sub-forum, I can still see the "New" logo by the threads, however, it does take them off the "Show unread posts" list.

Curiouser and curiouser.......    ;)

Here's an interesting one that I'm experiencing for about the past hour or so:

When I click on:

Show unread posts since last visit.

Or

Show new replies to your posts.

I get nada/nil resp "No Replies" ... although when I enter into a thread, there has indeed been new posts/replies.

Anyone else or just me??

Edward: At approx 0330hrs this am, I experienced the same "language change" phenomena that you reported each time I tried to post. I kept switching my keyboard back to "English US", but it automaticly defaulted to "Canadian multi-lingual" when I tried to post here. My facebook etc were all fine. I'm using Windows 7. Wierd.

Having a weird glitch right now.  When I go to show unread posts since last visit it shows it is showing to posts and no matter how many times I read them or click "mark all messages as read" they stay unread. 

dangerboy said:
Having a weird glitch right now.  When I go to show unread posts since last visit it shows it is showing to posts and no matter how many times I read them or click "mark all messages as read" they stay unread.

It seems to have fixed itself, things are working ok now.  Must have been a temporary thing, or my computer just being silly.

Sometimes the request to mark messages as read is submitted, but remains pending for a while. I don't know why this happens (the server is not particularly busy) but it usually clears itself up when the requests finally go through.

Back