• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Tracking problems with the forum upgrade [Post here]

No, don't hesitate to report problems... I'd rather know and not need to than need to and not know. :)

I do not know if this is a problem or not but when I have no new unread posts the board and sub-board list is coming up twice.

Bah... that's fallout from having the breadcrumbs on the bottom now. :(

Mike

I am still getting the white screen for the main page. However I can check in very easily using the unread posts page.

Mike,

I don't know if this has been reported... but when I change my avatar in my profile, the changes don't stick. I've tried to physically change the avatar image, and link to an image off site. Both have failed and the original image is still displayed.

Am I the only one seeing this (see pic).  I'm using Firefox 3.0.3 on Ubuntu.

Nope, I get that one, too.  On the Unread threads and when posting a reply, I get a "double" banner.

kkwd said:
I was credited with one hour of online time in 32 minutes. Is this related to the upgrade or something else?
2009-02-18 17:02:50 kkwd 20 Congratulations! You've been online for 1,073 Hours!
2009-02-18 16:30:19 kkwd 20 Congratulations! You've been online for 1,072 Hours!

I just got another hour in 44 minutes.
2009-02-18 17:46:01 kkwd 20 Congratulations! You've been online for 1,074 Hours!

I have something similar with regards to my subscription renewal:

2009-02-13 15:16:32 PMedMoe 300 Purchased Milnet.ca Subscription Renewal
2009-02-13 15:05:49 PMedMoe 300 Purchased Milnet.ca Subscription Renewal
2009-02-13 15:00:26 PMedMoe 300 Purchased Milnet.ca Subscription Renewal
2009-02-13 14:57:14 PMedMoe 300 Purchased Milnet.ca Subscription Renewal
2009-02-13 14:55:48 PMedMoe 300 Purchased Milnet.ca Subscription Renewal
2009-02-13 14:55:02 PMedMoe 300 Purchased Milnet.ca Subscription Renewal
2009-02-13 14:54:39 PMedMoe 300 Purchased Milnet.ca Subscription Renewal
2009-02-13 14:54:26 PMedMoe 300 Purchased Milnet.ca Subscription Renewal
:eek:

Moe,

That was my fault. the subscription renewal script ran amok for a bit and so PayPal kept retrying... every time it did you got more points. :)

ModlrMike, it's likely a cache issue... the image always has the same location (http://army.ca/forums/avatars/User-Uploaded/avatar_19024.png) and often browsers - or even the networking gear between the site and you - will cache the old image, thinking it hasn't changed. Often a Shift-reload or CTRL-refresh will do the trick.

Michael, you're seeing a genuine problem alright... when I added the breadcrumbs back to the bottom, they now appear twice at the top in some cases. It's a bug in the software unfortunately. :(

Mike Bobbitt said:
Moe,

That was my fault. the subscription renewal script ran amok for a bit and so PayPal kept retrying... every time it did you got more points. :)
......and you contributed $240 to keep the site up and running/improving

Thanks Moe; You rock  ;D

Journeyman said:
Thanks Moe; You rock  ;D

A more appropriate response would be: 
2403.gif

but thank you, thank you very much!
2432.gif

On a side note, I wondered why my VISA bill was so high!  :eek:

Heheh, luckily the hiccup was just PayPal trying to inform the site that payment had been made... the actual payment went through just the once. :)

I received the e-mail below, and there was no corresponding forum post:

Topic reply: Guess the lyrics (Just for fun)Monday, February 23, 2009 7:33 AM
From: "Army.ca Forums" <Army@Army.ca>View contact details To: ch11lawyer@yahoo.ca

A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching by PMedMoe.

View the reply at: http://Forums.Army.ca/forums/threads/84208.new;topicseen#new

Unsubscribe to this topic by using this link: http://Forums.Army.ca/forums/index.php?action=notify;topic=84208.0

The text of the reply is shown below:
Quote from: JBG on Yesterday at 23:53:44
Oops.

How about this one:

It's not time to make a change, just sit back, take it easy..."?

Father and Son - Cat Stevens

Try this:  "I will hear you in the sound of the waves."

Regards,
The Army.ca Forums Team.

JBG, that's because I deleted my post.  I was going to comment that the lyrics game had been done already and just decided not to bother.  Sorry.

PMedMoe said:
JBG, that's because I deleted my post.  I was going to comment that the lyrics game had been done already and just decided not to bother.  Sorry.
Is there a lyrics' game thread?

Spell Check can't spell.

I made a mistake in typing too fast and spelled "Capital" as "CAPTIAL" and it was acceptable in the dictionary for this program.

It doesn't pick it up as wrong here either.  :-\

George Wallace said:
Spell Check can't spell.

I made a mistake in typing too fast and spelled "Capital" as "CAPTIAL" and it was acceptable in the dictionary for this program.

It doesn't pick it up as wrong here either.   :-\

I just rely on the red underlining of the words as I type them as seen in Word. It works, I guess, anyway, I haven't had any complaints of my spelling.

Back