• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re: Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? - Sir John A Macdonald Chapter

28th is good for me and I will toss in that HLs is off that weekend between IAP - BOTP...sounds like a good time!

Will confirm with her on the phone though... ;D

I'm G2G 21st only...out of town 28th.  Like JM says, I'll be there anyway!  ;D

G2G

Just wondering what the final verdict is here...is there a meet and greet one weekend...both weekends...

The 28th is still a go for me.  I was thinking a mid afternoon meet for that day....

21st, noon to early-afternoon at the Brew Pub is still good for me.  Doesn't have to be anything fancy...Muffin?  JM?

G2G

I can still come down on either date (thus far) - I'll wait to see the verdict for the most folks.

MM

HI

I'm in for the 21st

Can we have a definate list of people, time and place?!?!?!!?

Coming home from Bordon...will likely be on the road at around noon-ish -- my intent was to wear the spiffy Army.ca "T" when I roll in in the p.m.  still not certain myself of exact timing I'll be in at.

G2G

Come on.....Kingston is the former-home of 1 Canadian Division, as well as the Joint Sigs Regiment..the Joint Operations Group, and the centre of military education - - Royal Military College...AND the Land Command & Staff College, under its various names. And you want someone there to make a decision??

For what it's worth, the 28th is a no-go (I'm in Ottawa). The 21st is still in flux (I'm merely the male in this relationship), so my plan is to drop in to the Brew Pub whenever I can. If there's a whole wack of army.ca folks - - awesome. If there's no one there - - well, I AM at the Brew Pub, right?

I will be making an apperance on the 21st. I'll be working until about 1600 and then heading over.

On the 28th, I am supposed to be working, but no one seems able to make up my mind when/how long on that day. Regardless, as soon as I am done, I'll be stopping in for a brew.

I'll be the army guy, with something army on, probably hot pink (not really hot pink, ask the Patricias here).

I will be at the BP around lunch time but will not be able to stay into the evening as it appears my Mother In Law volunteered me to help clean my In-Laws appartment before the move.... of course... if I am just simply to pickled to drive.... lol...

The 28th is a no-go for me. Previous commitment.

Muffin

For those of you that are interested. . .

On the 28th, CFB Kingston is having a 'Freedom of the City' Parade.  Only details I know (and I'm supposedly on this parade) is that it is before lunch, and will be downtown, by City Hall obviously (not too far from the Brew Pub).

Have a nice day.

glenndon said:
(not too far from the Brew Pub).

The parade route actually goes in front of the Brew Pub...."with bayonets fixed and drums beating." I'm glad I'll be in Ottawa, so I don't get scared  ;D

Journeyman said:
"with bayonets fixed and drums beating." I'm glad I'll be in Ottawa, so I don't get scared  ;D

I'd be scared too. . .  a bunch of signallers with bayonets fixed marching through town!!  :o

Glenn

I can't make either date, but I'll be in Kingston in between if anybody wants to have yet another gathering. It looks like I'll be free after 2030 or so Mon 23 - Wed 25.

I'm coming in to town tomorrow and should be free sometime in the mid-afternoon.  I'll stroll by and say hi.  Hopefully you guys will all still be there.

glenndon said:
I'd be scared too. . .  a bunch of signallers with bayonets fixed marching through town!!  :o

Glenn

Argh... my hubby is in that thing...  maybe I will bring the kids down - nothing to keep you in step like your kids screaming at you from the sidelines

"DADDY! DADDY! I AM OVER HERE DADDY!!!!! LOOK DADDY ! WAAAAAAAAAAAAVE DADDY! DAAAAAAAAADDDYYY!!!!!!!!"

I'll let him know what to expect Muffin . . .  or do you want your screaming kids to be a surprise??  ;D

Argh - there's a snitch among us! lol

Let 's make it a suprise... lol

I can't make either. I'm working the 21st and on 28 I'm in the parade and working that night.

Feel free to stop by Pizza Hut downtown and look for the only English speaking male driver. That's me.

Back