• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re: Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? - Sir John A Macdonald Chapter

Come now, Fred. Kingston isn't THAT bad, especially when you compare it to my options, say... Gagetown? Anyways, September works for me, too. I'll be a third year with bars, responsible for a section. But it will be fun.

You brought it upon yourself by joining the Land Element, though. :P And Kingston sucks compared to MY options, like Esquimalt.

Of course, I'd rather go to Alert. Extra pay and I wouldn't sweat like a pig all the time. ("But Pumba, you are a pig.") Seriously.

And why did they make YOU responsible for a section, anyways? You look about as responsible as a first year! :P J/K

Unless we are on course, we do our SLT here, and then they make us burn as much leave as possible so we can't bank it.

I will be back here around the end of June after BOTP, and not planning on going anywhere (except maybe Wolfe Island to look at the place I plan on retiring in, now, to just get them to sell me that place for real cheap  ;)) I like Kingston, but I'm married and not concerned about picking up the Queen's girls that are mostly gone home now. All of the Wookilar clan hopes on staying here, once we are done.

Dag nab it!  I don't turn my computer on for a few days and look what happens... >:(  I'll have to catch ya George on the next trip down.

Ironically, I'm up to Pet for 427's CoC parade on Thursday (11 may)...Micheal, others. see you in the mess perhaps on Thursday night?

Cheers,
Duey

I'll be in Kingston for the weekend with the wife for a get a way but plan on being in the Toucan on Friday night after dinner at Curry Original.  Any other recommendations.

big bad john said:
I'll be in Kingston for the weekend with the wife for a get a way but plan on being in the Toucan on Friday night after dinner at Curry Original.  Any other recommendations.

If the Tucan is your type of place I would recommend maybe the TirNanOg, or if you can get out to the West end the Loyal Oarsman.

The Patio at the Lone Star is open now as well - but the local youngin's (says me lol) tend to hang out there.

I would stop by to say Hi but have tickets to see Jimmy Flynn that night.

muffin

Duey said:
Dag nab it!  I don't turn my computer on for a few days and look what happens... >:(  I'll have to catch ya George on the next trip down.

Ironically, I'm up to Pet for 427's CoC parade on Thursday (11 may)...Micheal, others. see you in the mess perhaps on Thursday night?

Cheers,
Duey

I know Des will be here this summer and a few other members... we will likely get together a few more times between now and October.

;)

Wookilar said:
Sorry about that. Little Wook decided to do a superman off of the neighbours slide and gave herself a concussion and a split skull. Chip off the old block  ;D She's ok now, still no coordination, but that sems to be genetic.

Another one later on in the summer? Maybe the start of Sep?

Geeze! I am glad she is ok. I have a dare-devil daughter myself... always an adventure.

Perhaps we will catch you next time.

Also, Journeyman, Big Foot and myself are having lunch at the Brew Pub on Friday (about 11:45ish)  ;)

muffin said:
Also, Journeyman, Big Foot and myself are having lunch at the Brew Pub on Friday (about 11:45ish;)
.....which is shortly after I plan on rolling out of bed  ;D  Any day that starts with Dragon's Breath Real Ale for breakfast has the makin's of a good day.

Unfortunately, I'm leaving after lunch for another Toronto weekend at LFCA/Yorkdale Holiday Inn  :'(

I'll have to see what I can do. We are starting Grad parade practices  :salute:  and I'm in SLT right now. Lots of fun over here.

Oh, and Little Wook is doing fine. She split it open again on Saturday, but a little more crazy glue and she was good to go. Her pupils are back to equal size now  :blotto:

I am currently in StJean on ILQ, and have been thinking about heading over Kingston way.  In talking offline with a couple members from there, we have come up with a date for a possible meet. 

Looking at Saturday, 21 October.  Now we just need to see how many would be interested in this and then figure out a place to meet.

I will be there with bells on....  well... more than just bells.... you know what I mean....  :blotto:

Muffin

That day is the Cohesion Run so although I'm not a very cohesive NCdt I still need to be at the College... Anyway, if you guys meet late in the day or in the evening, I can probably make it.

That is, if you guys want to have me around.  :-[

I'll have to check my calendar   :-*

I'm not sure where one would go in Kingston - - after all, it's nothing but prisons, isn't it? (And RMC, but who'd want to hang out with that ilk  :P  )

....go somewhere with a webcam so I can "be there" too. Who's idea was it to place Ontario so bloody far from Alberta anyways?

Journeyman said:
(And RMC, but who'd want to hang out with that ilk  :P  )

Does that mean you won't come around and embarass all those Sandhurst team people on the Cohesion Run?

Pea said:
Who's idea was it to place Ontario so bloody far from Alberta anyways?

It's because both suck to an extreme degree, and putting the two near each other would likely have created a black hole of unprecedented proportions which would have literally sucked the universe out of existence. Kinda like a reverse Big Bang.

Journeyman said:
I'm not sure where one would go in Kingston - - after all, it's nothing but prisons, isn't it?

I have heard, that the Brew Pub is ok......  ;D

Journeyman said:
I'm not sure where one would go in Kingston

You know you want to suggest a favourite watering hole.....but I guess that can wait until closer to the date when we see how many are interested.  

And Fred, it will be a late afternoon/early evening start.  That won't make it past your curfew will it? LOL