• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re: Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? - Sir John A Macdonald Chapter

Was there quite a bit earlier then that, so guess we missed you.  I had heard that you were at the parade, I was up further then you.  Thought you might have gone right to the pub after that, and I was there about 1/2 hour after the parade finished.  Oh well, better luck next time.

Happy Birthday btw Mud!!

Well heck we all made it!  Its just our co-ord that sucked!  :rofl:

Errrr, its not my birthday..and if it was, I am FINALLY 21!  ;D

Mud Recce Man said:
Well heck we all made it!  Its just our co-ord that sucked!   :rofl:

Errrr, its not my birthday..and if it was, I am FINALLY 21!   ;D

You've been in since you were 4? ...I knew they were taking people at a younger age, but this is rather ridiculous!

Frederik G said:
You've been in since you were 4? ...I knew they were taking people at a younger age, but this is rather ridiculous!

I start counting my military service with CoC (Children of the Church) in Summerside.  Doesn't...doesn't everyone do that?  >:D

I came screaming into the place about 1150, found nobody there, got a table for 6 or 8 (luckily they place didn't need the other seats), had a pint and some lunch and was about to leave around 1 when MRM and HL came by, where upon we stuck around until 3 something.

On the bright side, finally put a couple faces to names and got away from here.

MM

medicineman said:
I came screaming into the place about 1150, found nobody there, got a table for 6 or 8 (luckily they place didn't need the other seats), had a pint and some lunch and was about to leave around 1 when MRM and HL came by, where upon we stuck around until 3 something.

On the bright side, finally put a couple faces to names and got away from here.

MM

You forced yourself to make the trip back northwest did you MM?  Back for more fun and giggles??

And to think, I was only TOTALLY lost in the medical termenology about...machfacted dialation defibulators and gron-gated phyneklie griefinators...once?  twice?

;D

I call those the "silent Q words" cause I can't pronounce or understand any one of them...well, I get what "blood" is and "D E A D DEAD!"...but after that... ::)

Mud Recce Man said:
You forced yourself to make the trip back northwest did you MM?  Back for more fun and giggles??

Yeah, I went back - but I wouldn't call it fun and giggles, more like shyte and abuse.  I stayed overnight, hoping to hook up with a couple of other friends, but alas, they got back to me yesterday when I got home.  I did have an excellent dinner at the hotel restaurant though - made the night more tolerable.

One of my study buddies put her voluntary withdrawl in - she's pretty unstressed now.  I'm waiting on the results of the exam on Friday to see what happens to the others that were thinking the same thing.  The drive home sucked almost as much as the drive out - just I could see where I was going  this time.  Almost ran a couple of people off the 401 when gusts of wind hit the car.  Oh well - got home to drool some more in class - I almost forgot what I learned this morning :blotto:.

MM

I hear ya on the wind.  I had it to my arse most of the trip home to Halifax...its here in Halifax tonight...yippee.

What a happy crowd we all were last night then.

I had to come back to Wellington House.  (solitary confinment).

HLs went back to the Mega (aka The Gulag) (Spelling?)

And you went back to the Mad Medical Torture Asylum

:rofl:

Perhaps some more pints were in order!

Since I had such a great time at the Toronto Smoker, (yes, it did occur), I thought I'd put out a feeler to see how much interest there would be in a Kingston M&G.  I was looking at July 27th or 28th as that seems to be when Journeyman is available (at this time  ::) ).  This would be a combined M&G/Going away party.  Of course, I am open to the suggestion of other weekends, depending on what works for the majority.  End July is still far enough away to make plans.  Please note, that the dates mentioned are not the long weekend, either.  It would be preferable (but not necessary) to have it on a Saturday night for the folks who may have travel time involved.
The venue would be the Tir nan Og pub, on Ontario Street in the heart of Kingston's historic district, not to mention, a great Irish pub.
http://www.whatsonkingston.com/entertain/tirnanog/about.html
Any interest??  :)

Edit: Details are firmed up as 1930 21 Jul 2007 at the Tir nan Og pub.

If I've managed to find my way out of cardboard boxes post move, I'd love to come!  I still think folks need to come here and help me drink the booze and clear out the freezer first...

niner domestic said:
I still think folks need to come here and help me drink the booze and clear out the freezer first...

Okay, where are you?? I'm on leave until Monday.  ;)

Would have loved to have come down for this, but I'm on eves/midnights that weekend.  :(

Crap. I would love to attend, but have something already booked for that time-frame.  :(

ArmyVern said:
Crap. I would love to attend, but have something already booked for that time-frame.  :(
airmich said:
Would have loved to have come down for this, but I'm on eves/midnights that weekend.  :(
Well, as I said, I'm open for other weekends.....

I was planning on being in Winnipeg that weekend but if we firm it up soon I can work around that, I mean, it IS Journeyman after all... ::)  Thanks Moe, good idea!  I'll see if the D2 Bodyguard is good to go as well, I'm sure Loachman needs to update her on his success with the Swifter in the chopper.

Back