• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re: Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? - Sir John A Macdonald Chapter

He might be out front of the Dorms holding the push up position. No, sorry, that was the new first years two weekends ago.

Pea said:
Who's idea was it to place Ontario so bloody far from Alberta anyways?
It's those bastards in the floodplains (Manitoba) and the big empty dropzone (Saskatchewan). They figured if they could get between the two awesome provinces, it might rub off. (They were wrong).

muffin said:
I have heard, that the Brew Pub is ok......   ;D
Sayyyy....there's an idea (wise girl ;)  )

navymich said:
And Fred, it will be a late afternoon/early evening start.
Oh darn. Fred won't be making it....nor Bigfoot. If you do happen to sneak out, we'll be at the....uh, Napanee Legion...ya, that's it; meet us there. >:D

Journeyman said:
It's those bastards in the floodplains (Manitoba) and the big empty dropzone (Saskatchewan). They figured if they could get between the two awesome provinces, it might rub off. (They were wrong).

Well I don't like either of 'em! Who lives there anyways. Sheesh.

I'm up for this one. I'll just tell ninerD that it's a "study group" or something.

Now, to just make sure she won't read this....hmmmmm..... ;)

Brew Pub is good, usually relatively quiet. The Tir, Toucan, Merchant, et al. Heck, they're all good. Some noisier than others, but still good.

The Brew Pub is excellent.

Unfortunately I can't attend... I'm in Kingston this next weekend to visit family and friends, but that Saturday is the first weekend of my PLQ. Have fun though. :D

So close yet so far away :(. Wish I could make it.

Wookilar

Just use your fancy book learning to outwit her.  Say you're ~not going to be there.

KBP's good!  Afternoon or evening?  Noon to afternoon would be good for me.

G2G

I might in fact be able to get away from here - next big exam isn't until the Friday afterwards.  I'd vote for KB or Tir; the Grizz might be another alternative as well.

MM

Let me check with HLs, I am not sure what the plan is for that weekend for the course (in the field, not in the field).  Might be a weekend to make a trip  ;D.

Its only $160 worth of gas from Hfx to the Mega (and return)...and I have all the free time in the world...sort of.  Well, I have some free time.

MRM

lol, booklearning...... She's been married to the Army far to long for that particular tactic to work... and she read it last night anyway.

I'm not sure what's going on, as I am being encouraged to attend......I smell something....

MRM, 3 hours from the Mega to Kingston, depending on traffic. Not too bad of a run, watch the cops just across the provincial line.

Evening would be best for me because, as Fred mentioned, we at RMC have a "cohesion run" that day and who knows when that will be over.

I'll see if I can make it. Assuming the school load isn't too bad then I'll probably be in :)
Maybe I can hitch a ride with someone from Ottawa heading out that way.

Ahhhh crap! I wish I could make it... 4 hour drive from me which I would do but I'm going to Kingston the LAST weekend of the month!!!!! .... I don't suppose everyone might want to switch it no? Might give more people notice and more people could come right Mich?  :-\

Well anyway, I hope you guys all have a blast regardless!!!

If we get an idea of how many are coming, maybe JM can talk to his contacts at KBP and see about the upper room?  Evening sounds like it works out better for some.  Sounds like a plan...1800?

G2G

Once the waffling dies down a bit, I'll talk with Alison about upstairs....I mean, if I have to go into the Brew Pub. I still think we should tell the RMC guys we're meeting in Napanee....pardon......really?....they can read this? Damn.

Note - my calendar is still being juggled and I'm not able to commit just yet

Edited because I can't spell worth crap

A few people mentioned it in the thread and I had a couple PM's from others about changing the date of the meet to the 28th.  I wasn't originallythinking about a different date, but my plans have just changed too, and therefore there is a slim to nil chance that I will be in town for the 21st and therefore will only be available for a meet for the 28th.

However, there is no reason why there can't be a meet on both days.  I am having the title of the thread changed to reflect both dates, as well as adding a poll.  Not a poll to decide according to majority, but more so people can see how many are interested in each of the dates and go from there for time and place.

If someone is interested in taking over the meet for the 21st (if there are still those interested) and for the 28th, as we get closer, if a local could suggest timings and a place, that would be greatly appreciated.  I am hoping that I have given everyone enough notice for the change of dates, and my apologies to those who have already made plans for the 21st.

Well as per my PM to Mich I can't do the 28th - have a snazzy Hallowe'en Costume party to go to... but I will see about the 21st.