• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Meet and Greet in Gagetown?

If you go through with the plaid thing you will fit in VERY well in Oromocto

Well I would travel from NS for that too...used to live in NB and if I had the details...could do it and I so love dressing up (aka frenchy's night) and making an ass of myself, lmao sounds like a good time

Cheers
HL

haha, Frenchy's night...haha...would that mean I could go buy a whole new wardrobe?? Cus most of my clothes are from Frenchy's already. ;D

I'd consider attending. Maybe I could dress up as Cindy Lauper...no that is too stylish for Oromocto...

I'm game, as long as I'm not in some Deity forsaken area of (a) the World, (b) Canada or (c) the training area (forget all of the above combined).

Might have to not do the disco clothing routine though - causes this odd tic to start.

MM

Okay, I went to this place last night:  The back nine.  Guess where it is?  The old Rockin Rodeo spot.. it has a 12 person table where the old DJ booth was!!  It has so so food and it has those electronic game things they used to have at Dundees/Griffins/whateveritscalled.  I suggest we do it there..

PS: Thanks for inviting me VonG...  :p

I decided to protest that building when they closed the Cosmopolitan and turned it into the Rodeo... the Rodeo was a disturbing sorta place.  scary people... from Minto or something.

scoutfinch said:
I decided to protest that building when they closed the Cosmopolitan and turned it into the Rodeo... the Rodeo was a disturbing sorta place.  scary people... from Minto or something.

My Daddy was born in Minto... >:D

Pea said:
VonGarvin, you would actually let HoM near your bed?  ;D
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!! :rage:

nobody, and I mean NOBODY gets near my bed ('cept my wife, of course, and maybe the kids when the closet monster is rustling in their rooms)

:D

scoutfinch said:
I don't know about the people from Minto, but I was once a young "Cosmonaut", hanging out in "RCR Corner".  Now THAT brings back memories :D

It looks like I will be making my way to Gagetown for the weekend. 

Is anyone interested in an impromptu Meet & Greet tonight or tomorrow night?

Ahhhh yes... RCR corner... how could I forget walking the gauntlet???  Too funny... we must date back to the same era, Von Garvin... although I think I started going to the Coz when I was 16.

scoutfinch said:
Ahhhh yes... RCR corner... how could I forget walking the gauntlet???  Too funny... we must date back to the same era, Von Garvin... although I think I started going to the Coz when I was 16.
Well, without dating myself...ok...WITH dating myself, I was a certified (certifiable?) Cosmonaut from 89-92, then I was posted away from G'town.

I was in Lahr as a D/W during that time frame, having cosmo'ed from  85 ish to 90ish.

Do you remember the Riverview Arms?

scoutfinch said:
It looks like I will be making my way to Gagetown for the weekend. 

Is anyone interested in an impromptu Meet & Greet tonight or tomorrow night?
Well, if i weren't married........ >:D

LOL!

No, in all seriousness, I couldn't.  Some people may be available, but I start Monday Morning EARLY as a course officer, and this weekend is daddy/mommy and husband/wife time for me and my beloved.

Enjoy your visit to this neck of the woods

scoutfinch said:
I was in Lahr as a D/W during that time frame, having cosmo'ed from  85 ish to 90ish.

We may have strut our stuff on the dance floor around the same time, however, no, I do remember the name of the Riverview Arms, but never went there.  Never really strayed from the Cosmo/Camelot/Oak Room triangle :D

scoutfinch said:

Ahhh!! I did the Cosmo/Oakroom/Camelot/Mr. T's Basement circuit circa 85-87ish, although none was done legally of course. Walked that RCR gauntlet too...and perhaps I lost because I ended up marrying one of them. Cradle Robber. >:D

I get to be Cyndi Lauper being the red-head and all....but I'll have to make the trip over from Charlottetown and will have to use "visiting 9er" as an excuse to come back!!

Circa 77-78 Riverviews Arms on the Saint John river......Rolling Keg next to the Cos. Flashbacks of taking the bus by the front gate and getting dropped of in front of the Lord Beaver Brook for a few beers at the piano bar.  Then off to the Rolling Keg for some downhomer music and then the Air Force club......then the Sunday afternoon crawl at the Legion in Oromocto. 

Back