• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Meet and Greet in Gagetown?

Do we get to do it all again in July sometime while I'm out there with nothing to do for 2 weeks?

MM

I'm there from 30 June - 15 Aug - but I will mostly being packed full of knowledge, but I'll keep an eye on the thread to see what comes up - most I my time off though I'll be clamouring to get out to Nova Scotia to see my parents.

kincanucks said:
But, I'll be at Griffens on the 20th AND possibly on the 21st. In uniform until 1800hrs

We are talking about June 2008, right? So why are you wearing an uniform on Saturday?

>:D

there, how's that?  ;D

Bzzz ... Ref Snooty Fox ... we've got lots of members in Gagetown on courses/taskings etc this weekend who are hoping to get enough time-off to show up for this judging by the PMs coming in to me here. They don't have vehicles to travel into Freddy.

I think we can make it.........is the Days Inn the best place to stay over-night?  (now that the wonderful Oromocto Hotel is gone  :D )      Taxis are available like they always were back in the day?

I like Robin's Inn.Nice place and IIRC 60 bucks a night.
Brand new motel,classy inside.Not like the Oromocto hotel...felt like I was on a stakeout on Magnum PI.

Have been by Robins Inn.....looks nice.  IIRC??  What is that exactly?  We are looking forward to meeting everyone.  Thanks for the info...... Ubique

ArmyVern said:
Big hair!!?? Not big boned!!?? (Obviously it's been a year or so since you've seen me!! ["big boned" is my excuse for cushioning]  ;D)

All righty then ... payback's a bitch (I already said that in this thread somewhere I'm sure).  >:D

Vern, Facebook my dear.. Facebook..

Well, I've been reading this site since a little before I joined, which means I've been around here for... oh... about a year and some  ;) Don't post TOO often, but I read a helluva lot! Would love to come out where ever it is, though I won't know anyone!  Also, I don't mind drivin'.  I can fit 6 total in my truck, so am more than willing to help out!

Thain.

Well, I'm back after a short absence, and it looks like the date has been decided already?

the 20th I will be around, but the 21st, unfortunately, I am unavailable. If you all want to get together on the saturday, I will send my best with Vern.

I should be able to make eather ( won't be drinking to much on friday, as I have bring my car in for service at 0800 hrs)

yeah, same here, I have to drive to Minto Friday night, so I'm likely not drinking at all (shame, I know)

X-mo-1979 said:
I like Robin's Inn.Nice place and IIRC 60 bucks a night.
Brand new motel,classy inside.Not like the Oromocto hotel...felt like I was on a stakeout on Magnum PI.

Robin's Inn already has the same rep around here as the Oromocto Hotel (& at 60 bucks a night hour, what more would one expect) ... give it time - it'll look just like the eyesore they just tore down within town limits.  ;)

The Days Inn on the Oromocto exit is very nice however -- great brunch & buffet too.  :)

Bzzliteyr said:
Vern, Facebook my dear.. Facebook..

:mad:

Ahaahaaa!! You are talking about that damn new pic from Relay for Life ... "The Hag March Past" ... I'm sooooo going to kill my buddy for putting that up.  :mad:

Vern, you can't deny who you are.

So is everybody good with Friday night? I won't likely be able to stay too late, I have other things on the go, but I'd at least like to get out and meet some of you, and get 'reaquainted' with others.

ToRN said:
Vern, you can't deny who you are.

So is everybody good with Friday night? I won't likely be able to stay too late, I have other things on the go, but I'd at least like to get out and meet some of you, and get 'reaquainted' with others.

Dude, at 5 foot 7 and 172 lbs ... I'm a big boned girl - no matter what Bzzzz wants to say!  ;)

And yes, my hair was big in that picture ... well not big ... but Little Orphan Annie curls were definitely hanging around my head due to the rain, fog, frizzy hair weather that was experienced that day.

And my buddy is sooooooooooo going to pay for this indescretion of posting this blackmail pic - don't try to save him!

Friday's good for me.  :)  I actually just got in from there about an hour ago ... the onion soup and the steak were delicious as per normal.  ;D

Fiddlehead ------------>  "IIRC??"  = Computer-speak for "If I Remember Correctly"

(You're sooo square!)

;D 

ThainC said:
Well, I've been reading this site since a little before I joined, which means I've been around here for... oh... about a year and some  ;) Don't post TOO often, but I read a helluva lot! Would love to come out where ever it is, though I won't know anyone!  Also, I don't mind drivin'.  I can fit 6 total in my truck, so am more than willing to help out!

Thain.

You're at the Infantry School -- that's close!! Griffens. Friday night. Ask for Vern.  ;)

A yes, the Infantry School! My home away from home! ... which is H1 ... What a sad state of affairs ;) Look forward to meetin' ya.

Back