• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

IF I were PM I would start expelling Chinese "Diplomats" starting with whichever one facilitated the establishment of "police" stations in Canada to monitor not just the Chinese here but us. Boot them the fuck out.
This is similar to the old USSR stuff - ""Soviet - Polish Fraternal Friendship Centre" in other words KGB.

We all know this will never happen... you know who being an admirer of the "Basic Dictatorship" and all....
I just about threw my phone across the room when I read this story.

So, our completely unqualified foreign minister is saying we can’t turf diplomats without evidence. As a non-foreign affairs type, I call BS! I know for a fact that we have turfed diplomats in the past for…reasons, as we should have. So I think she’s talking out of her arse on that one.

Also, this is the second time this government has said they don’t want to start a tit-for-tat expulsion war for fear of losing “eyes and ears” on the ground. They used this lame-assed excuse when Russia invaded Ukraine too. It’s an excuse to continue to be obsequious to authoritarian dictatorships who are bitch-slapping us in front of our friends. These Liberals must get off on being weak. :mad:

Same judge Trudeau is facing - regardless of the public inquiries.​

History will damn Britain if it stays weak on China​

While other countries are confronting the truth about Beijing's intentions, Britain risks finding itself on the wrong side of history
MATTHEW HENDERSON9 March 2023 • 3:49pm
Matthew Henderson

Soldiers of China's People's Liberation Army are seen before a giant screen

Despite everything, the Government is still clinging to the idea that we mustn’t upset Beijing by suggesting that a lab leak may have caused the pandemic. So sensitive is Whitehall to potential slights that Matt Hancock’s memoirs were censored by the Cabinet Office, eliding passages suggesting that the emergence of a deadly new virus practically next-door to the Wuhan Institute of Virology was anything other than “entirely coincidental” – the Government's apparent position.
This is emphatically not the official position in the USA, where various federal agencies and congressional committees have all been tasked at one point or another with assessing the origin of the virus. Just last week the director of the FBI noted that the “most likely” origin was a lab leak, while yesterday the US Select Committee on the Coronavirus Pandemic declared that “mounting evidence continues to show that COVID-19 may have originated from a lab in Wuhan”.
America is not alone in its frankness. Australia was the first country to demand an independent inquiry into the origins of the pandemic in April 2020. Beijing’s response was swift and furious, imposing trade restrictions on a wide range of Australian exports. The Australian government held to its line, the CCP’s aggressive bullying was exposed to damaging international scrutiny, and other liberal democracies were encouraged to join demands for responsible information-sharing.
And yet Britain is still hesitant to enquire too closely about the cause of a pandemic that caused substantial economic and social damage. Internationally, London is increasingly isolated in its official unwillingness to confront the truth about China, and not just in matters to do with the pandemic.
The Government has belatedly constrained some aspects of Beijing’s well-established penetration of the UK’s core national infrastructure, and Parliament has taken a formal position in condemnation of abuses in Xinjiang. But despite indications of greater foreign policy realism in the 2021 “Integrated Review”, Britain persists in a policy of pragmatism even while China is engaged in a campaign against the international rules-based order and universal democratic values.
This vacuous ambiguity is steering Britain into a more and more unsustainable position. Despite rising tensions over Taiwan and growing evidence that China tacitly supports Putin’s war in Ukraine, it seems that even referring to China as a “threat” may prove too abrasive for the planned revision of Britain’s foreign policy strategy. This is not only an inexplicable misalignment of our interests and those of our closest partners. It is something far more reprehensible; groundless confidence that we can “manage” relations with an untrustworthy and ruthless global rival.
It is true that relations between Beijing and its critics have deteriorated as a result of their frank honesty. But a more realistic strategic understanding of the CCP’s aims and intentions has increasingly coalesced. In some cases, bilateral relations with Taiwan have also strengthened.
Britain’s policy of attempting to avoid looking too closely at the threat, let alone risk from China is deepening its reliance on a power increasingly hostile to the international order that sustains our prosperity. Failure to distinguish between friends and foes must at all costs be avoided, as the consequences can be irreversible. The geopolitical question the Government faces is clear: are we drifting onto the wrong side of history?

Reactions: QV
There is still a case for Block chain tech and crypto.

Central to this whole thing is do you believe Central banks and government own and control money? Where you fall in this very question puts in a political camp today. This one of the basic fundamental question of our time. But no one asks it.

This. The main question is as to free-market digital currency, or central bank-controlled. Obviously the Digital Yuan will be controlled by Xi & Friends. What will the west do? CBDCs will likely be the way of the future, and free-market DCs (aka. Cryptocurrencies) will likely remain available to support transactions for goods and services. So for people to put their pouty face on and say ’crypto (and PP, whatever his final position) is evil’ is rather ‘ostrich-y’…it’s a coming in many flavors…

Call me close minded if you will, but I think that Poilievre is taking too many chances with my money and the fact that he has changed his mind suggests how dangerous his actions could be. I feel that cryptocurrency is somewhat akin to a pyramid scheme. And if you read my previous posts you will see that I am not a fan of Trudeau at all.

Um….I think you mis-spelled Trudeau…

When I was in Malaysia back in 2017 the cab driver on my trip from Port Klang to Kuala Lumpur pointed out the palm plantations all along the highway, and mentioned how destructive to the natural habitat the palm oil industry was.

The SE Asian equivalent of NA/s fields and fields of ethanol-producing corn…

IF I were PM I would start expelling Chinese "Diplomats" starting with whichever one facilitated the establishment of "police" stations in Canada to monitor not just the Chinese here but us. Boot them the fuck out.
This is similar to the old USSR stuff - ""Soviet - Polish Fraternal Friendship Centre" in other words KGB.

We all know this will never happen... you know who being an admirer of the "Basic Dictatorship" and all....

Let me add this: any Canadian found to be cooperating with Chinese operatives would be prosecuted. Publicly in accordance with our laws.

This. The main question is as to free-market digital currency, or central bank-controlled. Obviously the Digital Yuan will be controlled by Xi & Friends. What will the west do? CBDCs will likely be the way of the future, and free-market DCs (aka. Cryptocurrencies) will likely remain available to support transactions for goods and services. So for people to put their pouty face on and say ’crypto (and PP, whatever his final position) is evil’ is rather ‘ostrich-y’…it’s a coming in many flavors…

Um….I think you mis-spelled Trudeau…

The SE Asian equivalent of NA/s fields and fields of ethanol-producing corn…

Here's a fun fact -
in 1964 an imperial gallon of gas cost about 31 cents. You could have paid that with a 1964 50 cent piece at 80% silver purity, equaling .30 of an oz of silver. That same 50 cent piece from 1964 is now worth 8.17$ CAD because of its silver value. That same imperial gallon of gas today would you 6.81$/gallon in CAD. I'd like to keep my coinage/cash and avoid going digital.

When all else fails you can always revert to barter .... silver, gold and oil all retain intrinsic value. And Central Banks don't much like them or the Grey Market or the Underground Labour Market either. Or cash for that matter.

Let me add this: any Canadian found to be cooperating with Chinese operatives would be prosecuted. Publicly in accordance with our laws.

Can we hope that the press and bloggers have now got enough of a story that they will start following the money - and reporting it? And reporting on organizing efforts and intimidation?

That effort alone might discourage even senior management from taking donations to Daddy's Trust Fund.

Can we hope that the press and bloggers have now got enough of a story that they will start following the money - and reporting it? And reporting on organizing efforts and intimidation?

That effort alone might discourage even senior management from taking donations to Daddy's Trust Fund.
Maybe - but as long as people hate MSM when they don't like the coverage, while loving to share links when they agree, what guarantees do we have of anyone believing them even if they have the resources, lawyering capacity and will to dig?

Maybe - but as long as people hate MSM when they don't like the coverage, while loving to share links when they agree, what guarantees do we have of anyone believing them even if they have the resources, lawyering capacity and will to dig?

No guarantees of anything. Just a loud, raucous and boisterous conversation full of lies, half-truths, deceptions and facts.

Far better than waiting for the Word from Olympus.

Terry Glavin reports the Tories have their own problems with CCP infiltration, which sounds like was responsible for ousting O’Toole.

The plot thickens. Will Pollievre kick out these pro-Beijing elements?

Terry Glavin reports the Tories have their own problems with CCP infiltration, which sounds like was responsible for ousting O’Toole.

I’ve said it before but I think O’Toole was great and would have loved to see him as PM. Just wonder how much more bad news we’re going to be getting about Chinese control of Canada’s government and economy. I have a feeling this is only the tip of the iceberg.

No guarantees of anything. Just a loud, raucous and boisterous conversation full of lies, half-truths, deceptions and facts.

Far better than waiting for the Word from Olympus.
Maybe - then why would you like to see more of the same, then? ;)

Global reports that one conduit for funds from China is an Ontario Conservative MPP.

Don Valley North seems to be an interesting nexus. Both Dong (Federal Liberal) and Ke (Provincial Conservative) - probably more interesting is that both of them sit on the government side of their respective houses.

Specifically

It’s also impossible for the Trudeau government to deny that whatever the scope and scale of the operation, Beijing desperately wanted the Liberals to win, and to specifically win at least minority-government status in the 2021 elections, and Beijing was ferociously determined that the Conservatives should lose.

That latter objective, on its own, hasn’t been subjected to much scrutiny. What’s been overlooked is a pro-Beijing influence operation that targeted the Conservatives, especially during the leadership of Erin O’Toole, and the pro-Beijing forces weren’t finished with O’Toole after the poll results came in on the night of Sept. 20, 2021.

Five months later, while everybody’s attention was focused on the Truckist jamboree in Ottawa, O’Toole was overthrown by his own caucus in a coup that featured Beijing-friendly activists playing a background role. By the time O’Toole took the helm from Andrew Scheer in 2020, they’d already taken over the old Chinese Canadian Conservative Association, and a wealthy Chinese property developer with deep connections in the Chinese Communist Party had gone so far as to set up at least ten “Chinese Conservative” associations across the country.

The argument has been made a number of times that the primary goal of foreigners is influence - influence to support their own goals or, failing that ability influence to sow dischord.

They don't care what party they affect or who takes their money. They have no friends. They have interests - and useful idiots.

Specifically

The argument has been made a number of times that the primary goal of foreigners is influence - influence to support their own goals or, failing that ability influence to sow dischord.

They don't care what party they affect or who takes their money. They have no friends. They have interests - and useful idiots.
Wow, this is huge. Provincial and federal governments being infiltrated.

We were told this was happening about a decade ago by the former head of CSIS, that Canadians didn't care is a just another example of how out of touch the public is with the reality of the world outside our protected bubble.
I remember almost every politician in the country wanted to lynch Richard Fadden at the time. John McCallum and Premier Gordon Campbell were the most indignant.

John McCallum 2019 you say ....

McCallum cautioned Beijing about a change in government, according to a recent interview​

Back