• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bigger army

for a bigger army, we would also need a bigger population country wise,  because well lets face it, theres only so many people who want to be in the army and unless more people come to the country or are born and raised and then want to join the military, we cant expect a huge number of new people into the military unless a population growth justifies it. my suggestion: make All immigrants who are capable and within a good age range (or don't have kids or parents to look after) i mean yeah there would have to be some type of limitations but I'm sure you know what i mean... serve a mandatory 2-3years of service in the Canadian Forces(why not right? we pay for them to come here ((sometimes)) we give them money for homes, schooling and so on, we should get more out of it)

CF-22 Raptor said:
The is how I think the military should spend their money:

Step 1. Give infantary top of the line equpiment - the best of the best...

The "best" is the bitter, incredibly expensive and usually late enemy of the "perfectly adequate".

Jaxson said:
for a bigger army, we would also need a bigger population country wise,   because well lets face it, theres only so many people who want to be in the army and unless more people come to the country or are born and raised and then want to join the military, we cant expect a huge number of new people into the military unless a population growth justifies it. my suggestion: make All immigrants who are capable and within a good age range (or don't have kids or parents to look after) i mean yeah there would have to be some type of limitations but I'm sure you know what i mean... serve a mandatory 2-3years of service in the Canadian Forces(why not right? we pay for them to come here ((sometimes)) we give them money for homes, schooling and so on, we should get more out of it)

I do know something about this. I the Ontario distric that I was three years ago there were over 3000 that applied to join the Armed Forces and only 15 accepted. problem lies not in the want but in the accepting.

CF-22 Raptor said:
Hi everybody, i'm new to this forum anyways in my opinion, Canada has a small military and a small budget. Therefore we should value quality over quantity. I think that we have about 16 000 in the army, so why not give them all the latest toys and gadgets?

I rather have more trainign dollars teaching troops how to shoot and how to do thigns than many whizz bang toys that look cool but not be abke to use them for no funding.
I mean how much can it cost to buy top of the line NVG, body armor and guns? Granted vehicles will cost more, but why not spend most of the budget making the infantry happy, before we move on upgrading tanks and APCs? Canada's pretty much a neutral country (can anybody name some enemies?) therefore we have time to gather money and spend them upgrading the CF bit by bit while using the remainder of the budget to maintain the efficiency of other services before it's their turn to have a slice of the pie.

I think the CF should increase funds to their army. My reasoning is that it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper to maintain 800 men than to maintain a jet, or a ship. The cost of a CF-18 would probably equal the cost of 4 or 5 leopards or give 1000 soldiers top of the line equipment.

Due you aint got a clue - Para covered that one well
But just a quick idea.
PVS-14 MNVG - $2200 USD
PEQ-2A CLAD -  $1400 USD
EOTECH HDS -   $275 USD
URX MWS Rail -  $225 USD
MICH/ACH Helmet - $500 USD
Eagle CIRAS VEST w/ Armour - $1400 USD
no GPS or RADIO yet...

The is how I think the military should spend their money:

Step 1. Give infantary top of the line equpiment - the best of the best

Infantry need kit - not sure what your infantary need.

well if out of 3000 applicants only 15 passed, then i do believe that is one thing they need to fix, if there is that much a turn down rate then how will our army ever get big? i mean yeah alot of them probably failed the process due to their own lack of preparation, but still 2985 failed... thats just like a bit extreme in my opinion..

i have a question for you:

what do you believe the highest contributing factor or top 2 factors in applicants being turned downed from the army is?

#1 Government doesn't want to increase the Army.

#2 Politically correct and equal Representation Bull.

And I meant only 15 were ever given the chance to try out for the Military. The others didn't fail but were never contacted in the first place.

ahh okay, well thanks for clearing up the number thing... and they should increase our army size, it is needed if not for over seas, for at the minimum our homeland defense...  :cdn:

Was it possible that only these 15 met with these high stanndards you allude too>

Tried to join but were not called back.
Never said that the Army should run the show, but would be nice if the Government did.
Wasn't a recruter but have information from one. NNNPD

NOTE:
Something..........TO SIT DOWN AND THINK ABOUT!

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 300 employees and has the following statistics:

a)  30 have been accused of spousal abuse.
b)  9 have been arrested for fraud
c)  14 have been accused of writing bad cheques.
d)  95 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
e)  4 have done time for assault
f)  55 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
g) 12 have been arrested on drug related charges
h) 4 have been arrested for shoplifting
i) 16 are currently defendants in lawsuits
j)  12 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year.

Can you guess which organization this is?

It is our 301 elected MP's in the Canadian Parliament

The same group that cranks out hundreds of new laws designed to keep the rest of us in line.

Which one did you vote for?

Source: THE OTTAWA CITIZEN Newspaper
Pass this on to every Canadian you know.

And think about it, these are the same people who want to rob the Pension kitty and refuse us pensions.

these are your fearless leaders.

Can you imagine working for a company...blah, blah, blah..
  You know that none of this is true and that the "list" never appeared in the Citizen..?  It's all an Internet hoax and is complete BS.

And think about it, these are the same people who want to rob the Pension kitty and refuse us pensions.
  And where did this come frome?

I think its also been made about the US Congress and the British Parliament as well.

Bill C-78

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/1999/34/text.html

http://www.afp-aac.org/

Young KH,

I must say that you have definately steped off the reality train here.  Your nonsense gave you very little credibility when this thing started and now i'm sure that alot pf people here feel you have none.  Take a minute, sit back and shake your head.  You have obviously have nothing to contribute to the discussion here and nothing to contribute to the CF in general.

Young KH said:
I do know something about this. I the Ontario distric that I was three years ago there were over 3000 that applied to join the Armed Forces and only 15 accepted. problem lies not in the want but in the accepting.

And what District would that be?
How 'bout posting the weblink to this info, or tell us how you came by this little gem.

I must say that you have definately steped off the reality train here.  Your nonsense gave you very little credibility when this thing started and now i'm sure that alot pf people here feel you have none.  Take a minute, sit back and shake your head.

Can't, it is an Agent Orange thing....

dileas

tess

Young KH said:

Your profile shows what, 11 - 12 years Reg service? Unless you served in one of the other orgs listed, enough to be vested, you're not entitled to our pension.

recceguy said:
Your profile shows what, 11 - 12 years Reg service? Unless you served in one of the other orgs listed, enough to be vested, you're not entitled to our pension.

You guys are just being petty now Recceguy. So his 11-12 years of service dont mean anything? You could quote his service in a more respectful manner than that. Adding the term "what" shows that you cant even be bothered to check his profile.

BeadWindow said:
You guys are just being petty now Recceguy. So his 11-12 years of service dont mean anything? You could quote his service in a more respectful manner than that. Adding the term "what" shows that you cant even be bothered to check his profile.

Read what the man has been saying the last couple of days and it will become clear to you.

the 48th regulator said:
Can't, it is an Agent Orange thing....

dileas

tess

Oh yeah..i forgot..the agent orange bandwagon............he migh have fell off the reality train but i guess he found another one

Sense there was absolutely no opinions at this site sense « Reply #8 on: September 30, 2000, 02:32:00 »  until I made one and that was back on page # 1 and we are now almost at the end of page 8, it would seem that what I have to saw has made a difference. I don't pretend to have all the answers but I do have opinions, wrong or right.

The Army by its very nature is very secretive and so anyone with real knowledge would not be found posting here, but I would rather be wrong 10 times and be called on it then to have been right once and never mentioned it.

Fact is although there was a lot of verbal diarrhea here and even some un-necessary bad language, there were some (a few posts) real opinions that make sense and were listened to. If someone has to get you so mad that you can't shut up any more, to make you think and come up with some suggestions, then so be it and I did accomplish that.

I was proven wrong in most cases and completely out of time (not current info) but I did try, as for most of you, if you spent as much time thinking of how to improve the Armed Forces as you did on damming others, the site might even make a difference.

Back