• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hey thanks. Your money is being printed as..I mean the cash is in the mail. Now how do I shrink this thing to a reasonal size.Yes Syed it is indeed me. You will have to say hi because you newbies look the same!!

I've been having a problem with the photo upload page continually failing on me.

I've been trying to upload the following avatar image as an option for those in the Recruiting process:

applicant2.jpg

the following error message displays:

"Error uploading photo: Will not upload! Could not validate UserID Michael OLeary"

The upload page is also starting with a filled-in password of about 20 characters.

It should also be filling in your username, with the number 64. That's your userid here, give that a try and see how that works... Confusing, I know, but there's no good way around it.

The form provides username, but no text box for user number. I tried adding user number to the name (with and without a space), but that didn't work either.

It's not a big issue for me. If someone will drop the photo above into the avatar section, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Actually, try just putting the number in the username field (no username and no spaces). If that doesn't work, I'll upload it, but I just want to be sure there's not another problem to sort out.

Thanks

Ok, it's been uploaded:

http://army.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=Avatars/applicant2.jpg

Thanks Mike. I'll let you work on the underlying problem whenever you get around to it. And this thread has no merit for retention now, so after you see this, you can just delete the thread (no need for it to take up server space).

Mike

I've noticed that I have to be logged into the forums before I can upload a picture.  Then in the upload page, "150" automaticaly appears as user name and the password box is filled with *************.

Yep, that makes sense. The photo album uses your forum cookies to pre-fill your username (er... number) and password. The password is actually a hash, so it's longer than your real password, but works just the same.

Hey everyone! If anyone wants me to put together an avatar of their medals, let me know. I'll be happy to try and get something together for ya'. The only thing I ask is that you send me a digital picture of your mounted medals so I know that have actually been awarded the medals that you want in your avatar.

<EDIT>
We only get to show these (medals) off a couple of times per year, why not show them off in here!

It would be great if any programmers out there would like to play with a medals avatar generator!

<EDIT>
Here's an example:
medals.jpg

How about a bar of ribbons instead of the full bar. That way they can be shown but not "in your face".
My concern is with those who do not deserve to have the medals displaying them as an avatar. A good example is a 16 year old "captain" on this board.

GF

No - I won't do Cadet medals. I'm not saying that they weren't earned and I do know that cadets work hard for their awards but I want to leave this strictly for RegF and ResF mbrs.

Wrt the 16 year old captain with a museum rack on his chest, I will use caution and I will investigate their claims. I'm not anticipating a large return on this issue.

Medals or ribbons on the avatar will be the usres personal choice.

you guys are missing a regiment in the Avatars, could you please put the Rocky Mountain Rangers in here, im sure some fellow Rangers would agree

- Shawn Papke

I'm sure you could google Rocky Mountain Rangers and find lots of images to use as an avatar.
You could upload it in the Avatar section of the army.ca album and VOILA, your own personal avatar!   :D

On the same line of thought, I don't think I saw an RHLI avatar. Correct me if I'm wrong.   :P

Cheers,
Lex

http://army.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=Avatars/rhli_bdg.gif  RHLI

http://army.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=Avatars/rmrang.gif  ROCKIES

The stuff I do for you people *sigh*

Hello to all fellow military types (especially you zipper-heads)
This is my first posting on this great site and I look forward to participating in the future, even while at sea. (What's an old zipper-head doing deep sea in the engine room of a ship, we will get too that at a later date)
For you people looking for new Canadian regimental avatars check out a web site at www.regiments.org, not only is is a great site covering Commonwealth Army histories through-out most conflicts that Canada had participated in. It will also allow you to down load a gif. file of the regimental capbadges that are on the site. My avatar is from the site and it was as simple as single clicking (hi-lighting) the capbadge and saving the file to my computers desk top then uploading it to this web site when I developed my profile. I work on the Apple platform and it was a simple process and cannot a-test to how the PC platform will react.
Good luck and UP the Dukes! 

Back