• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

Im new here. I fell upon the site a few days ago. I was shocked when I couldnt get on yesterday. Im planning on joining the army and I have found a bunch of useful and needed info here  :)  Glad to see the site back up!!!

I am glad it wasn't a database or server issue. I was scared all the valuable info on here might have been lost.  :crybaby:

We can only hope...

Folks,

Today Army.ca was down from 1500 to 1930 due to a router failure. I was able to purchase a replacement router, which is now in use. (Thanks Army.ca Subscribers, your support funded the replacement hardware!)

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers
Mike

What was that post that was up a while ago? "Are you addicted to Army.ca?"

Now I can definitely say - YES! :-\

Folks,

It looks like we're having some DNS problems, and unfortunately we may be off the air shortly. In fact, we may already be off the air for some people, as a bad DNS record is propagated. I am attempting to solve the problem, but at some point soon you may not be able to get to Army.ca until this is resolved.

I will keep you posted on the situation, and appreciate your patience in advance.

Cheers
Mike

What luck!

I believe I have worked around the DNS problem by setting up my own nameserver, and just as I finalized that, our Internet connection went down! No ETA yet on when it will be back, but if you're reading this, we're back. :)

Cheers
Mike

Hi Mike, don't know what kind of DNS problems your having but i use this site at work all the time when setting up sites or diagnosing problems...

http://www.dnsreport.com

a handy little tool.

cheers,
ryan.

Thanks Ryan, that will help a lot. The problem was that zoneedit seemed to have corrupted the DNS record for army.ca. I put up my own nameserver this AM and 5 minutes later the DSL connection went down. It now appears that all problems are properly resolved but the link you gave will help sort out "other" DNS problems that I probably have as well. :)

Thanks!

All,

We had an outage today caused by our ISP, starting at 0900. (As of now, we're still offline.)

We'll be offline again on 01 June 05, as I am switching Internet Service Providers. (Our current ISP is no longer offering the service we have.) We may be out for some time on the 1st during this switchover.

I apologize for the interruption, I'm working to ensure it will be minimized.

Cheers
Mike

Yeah, just saw the good news in the form of blinking lights. :)

I'm glad you're back on. Now I can have a cup of tea and abandon all the conspiracy theories I was developing to explain my inability to access the forum!

Back