• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

karl28 said:
Wow the speed is pretty decent at this moment  ;D

*SSshhh* Don't jinx it.  :nod:

Hi folks,

Unfortunately we were off the air last night due to a typo on my part. I had previously made a change to the web server configuration and introduced a problem. When the server went through it's cooldown process late last night, the web server could not restart successfully because of this typo, and so it stayed down until this morning when I realized what had happened.

The good news is, this won't happen again.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers
Mike

Mike Bobbitt said:
Unfortunately we were off the air last night due to a typo

I was a little paronoid and I thought I had milnet.ca blacklisted by the Chinese gov't. Whenever I tried to go to the site, I got the same error as when you try and go to YouTube or Facebook...... and yes, I am going to stop viewing the China Superthread from here...

Is there something wonky going on right now with the site?  I'm getting most of the site displayed in a very strange manner...  ???

And as quickly as it started - it's fixed.  Hmmmm....

I don't know if it was a freak incident or not but today from about 8 PM till 9 PM (Alberta Time) I could not access the site properly.  None of the threads would open and I would get a message saying " took to long to load".

I am no sure if there was a problem after my last post I could no longer access the site either .

George Wallace said:
A lot of "Server too busy" ERRORs tonight.

I thought that was just my computer hating on me....good to know it wasn't...this thing almost went through a window.

I've pushed the backup jobs so they run later at night/earlier in the morning. Hopefully that will give the west coast a bit more breathing room at night. ;)

I have an odd symptom this morning: Army.ca comes up blank - but with no error messages, just a blank screen and a "Done" down at the bottom. Milnet.ca, Navy.ca and Air-Force.ca all work fine.  ::)

E.R. Campbell said:
I have an odd symptom this morning: Army.ca comes up blank - but with no error messages, just a blank screen and a "Done" down at the bottom. Milnet.ca, Navy.ca and Air-Force.ca all work fine.  ::)

Oops: at 0600 (EDST) Army.ca works again.  ???

I couldn't log out last night.
I couldn't even get back to the site, but I snipped the error page for your scrutiny.

HTTP Error 500 Internal server error
http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E500.html

57Chevy said:
I couldn't log out last night.
I couldn't even get back to the site, but I snipped the error page for your scrutiny.

HTTP Error 500 Internal server error
http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E500.html

I was getting this same "HTTP Error 500 Internal server error" last night. 

Yeah there was a corrupted cache file which brought the Forums down for about 6 hours overnight. I fixed the issue this morning but unfortunately we were out all night. Hopefully some of you got some sleep. ;)

I have got a Virus Check running at the moment, but the site seems to have been slow, and offline for a few minutes there about fifteen minutes ago.  Error problem was no connectivity with the server.

Back