• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

Agreed, the server is really struggling today.

Well, with over a thousand users, it's sure flying....what did you do? Spank it?  ;D

Holy crap Mike. Site speed up here in the valley is a snails pace, has been since yesterday. What's up with that?

Possible problems at my end?

Man it's as slow as paint drying and this is the first time today I have been able to get on, all I get is 504 errors (timed out)

Seems to be working better. Before it was taking on average 2 minutes to load a page.

Regards

seems to be fast here at 3:02 Central time...

It all depends on where the magneto is pointed when you post.

Kinda like spin the bottle.......

George Wallace said:

Agreed.

It seems to change, minute by minute and it appears quite unrelated to OS/browser configuration.  I've tried various mixes of MS Vista, MS XP (SP2) and Linux with IE7 (MS only), Firefox and Opera - none produce anything like consistent good (or bad) results.

George Wallace said:

:rofl:

Yep George, they were right, too much time on your hands with your current whereabouts!! Hilarious.

George Wallace said:

Aren't you a little old for that game  ;D >:D

Well,

In all fairness we have been having some more record setting days again lately:

Date                New Topics    New Posts    New Members    Most Online    Page views
2007-05-09        35              276                9                1660              41889
2007-05-10          1                23                0                  1483              3994

So at 0510hrs in the morning...
Most Online Today: 1483. Most Online Ever: 1660 (Yesterday at 23:24:15)

Vern, now I know why you're on here at night, things seem faster!

Don't worry, I'll keep the profitable ones for a rainy day! ;)

I've been having some internet problems of late and wanted to pass on some reminders to the members that may help solve some of the site's speed issues from the user end.

Clean out your Internet temp files and caches especially if you are using IE.  When IE tries to load a page, it searches for a cached page and if it has to go through a zillion GBs of files, it's going to slow things down. 

Run a spy-ware/adware/malware scan and don't be afraid to use different programs.  I had one nasty trojan that took 8 attempts with a variety software to find it and remove it. 

Run a virus scan and make sure you have updated your definitions. 

Check your firewall settings to make sure you haven't inadvertently blocked your favourite sites. 

If you are running a wireless router/hardware firewall, update your firmware on a regular basis.  One sure sign that the router's firmware is out of date is a slow Internet connection. The site will load eventually (after hitting refresh a zillion times) but will kick up a "page not found" error screen when you attempt to changes pages.  Running a tracert will show a slow connection and a ping will simply time out.   

I had forgotten to update my router firmware and was having frustrating issues loading pages and surfing.  Once updated, speed improved and the page errors disappeared. 

Hope this helps some of you with your speed and page loading issues. 

Mike Baker said:
Most online: 1729   Today

No wonder I am finding the site slow  :eek:

Most Online Today: 1729. Most Online Ever: 1729 (Today at 20:20:35)

Yeah but it seems to be running perfectly fine now.  ;D

Back