• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

I echo everyone elses sentiments. This forum has been an invaluable resource for this  RFNG. (Really FNG)  :salute: 

airmich said:
Was joking around with some scenarios with a friend.  He suggested you spilt champagne on the keyboard,

Now WHO would have suggested such a thing... ;D

Ahhh, so it wasn't just me who though I had said something wrong :) ...

Thanxs Mike - and Happy New Year

PoPo

Folks,

I regret to report that we had an outage this weekend, while I was out of town. The database backup software went a little wild and filled the disk, causing numerous problems. Among the problems was a loss of some settings (all recovered OK) and some database corruption which I believe is now repaired.

I have taken some steps to ensure this problem does not recur, and may buy additional disk space as well.

If you notice any issues, please let me know, and again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Cheers
Mike

Addendum: the database integrity check sent the server into a tailspin it couldn't get out of. I'll finish running it tonight around 2am to try to keep the load down.

Thanks for all the hard work Mike.

Site speed is slow and the Server seems to be sporatic, so I guess you have a long night ahead of you.  Quite the end to the weekend.  I tried a few things unsuccessfully, including the posting of this message, but will wait until later to report any problems, as you are probably currently working on them.  

All the best and thanks again.

George

Thanks Mike!!

I can check myself out of the Detox centre now!!
;D
Vern

George, you're right there were (are?) still some issues to work out but I think we're doing OK now. The server load is a bit high so things will be slow, but I expect that to settle down before too long.

Well since I wasn't able to surf my beloved army.ca this past weekend, I had to look to another hobby I REALLY try to avoid.

I now present a bill to army.ca, for such hobby:

1X Digitial Camera $250.00
2X New Novels      $  55.00
2X DVD's              $  45.00
                          ________
                          $350.00   <---- Weekend without army.ca  :o  :'(

I'll take cash... or, perhaps lifelong army.ca subscriber status.  ;D

All joking aside Mike, we love this site and can only guess how much work you have to put into it. Thanks for all your hard work!

But please don't let me shop again...  :blotto:

Great job on getting the site back up Mike and quickly too, thanks for all your hard work, I love this site

Thanks again :cheers:

Speed is kinda back to normal but something is still messed up when it comes to the "new" for topics.....i must have read aone post 5 times now and it refuses to disapear...even if i go and click "mark all topics as read, it is the only one that remains every time.

I think I solved the "new topic marker" problem, let me know if it recurs.

~MIKE~

I just signed in for the first time in a while/It's working just awesome now! Thanks for all your hard work.

Rebecca

Its still leaving 2 topics up when I "Mark All As Read" they are the "Boarding Party Training" & "Its In! Saddam to be hanged NLT 27 Jan 07" if that helps any.

I did not notice that before, the last reply to this post should have been marked with "new" shouldn't it have? There are other topics still on there/with no recent replies that say "new" beside them. Just something I went back and noticed also.

~Rebecca~

Mike, thank you for taking the site down for the weekend while I was travelling and getting settled in for course.  It worked out very well that I didn't miss much.  ;D

Seriously, like others before me, keep up the awesome work.  For all the time you spend with the site, it is greatly appreciated.

Well done - hope it didn't add TOO many grey hairs....

Tony, there aren't many left to turn! Mich, I was out of town too, so it makes it easy to catch up. I should do this more often! ;)

Good to see things back up and running - Thanxs Mike for your time/patience and hard work....

Unfortunately, as I was unable to "surf" Army.ca this weekend - I Painted the Living Room.... Wait a minute - maybe that was a plus.

PoPo

Back