• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Another Candidate for the Darwin Awards

The funny part is what appears to be festive baloons wrapped around the pole!

They lie all around him as he is rolling around.....

:rofl:

Get more Chlorine into that gene pool pronto.

dileas

tess

Well... guess some village is presently missing it's idiot

Bane said:
I've seen this video elsewhere on the internets. The concensus seems to be that he had a cell phone on in his pocket and got a call.  He wasn't smoking or anything so it seems possible, and you can see him look at his pocket like he got a call just before the big event. But it could have been something else he did or something off camera too.

Ive seen the video you are talking about, but this one is different...

Reference the fire safety film I refered to, it was a British one made in the 1970's, and some guy in it lighting a stove and himself on fire sounds familiar...

The stove one I was referring to is 100% Canadian. Nobody can act that bad and still get paid for it unless it was paid for by our gov't. Just sayin'.

I think the wires got crossed on this one  :)
I was talking about the video in the first post. Not many cellular gadgets in the seventies.

Greymatters said:
Ive seen the video you are talking about, but this one is different...

Reference the fire safety film I refered to, it was a British one made in the 1970's, and some guy in it lighting a stove and himself on fire sounds familiar...

Chapeski said:
The stove one I was referring to is 100% Canadian. Nobody can act that bad and still get paid for it unless it was paid for by our gov't. Just sayin'.

Nothing was as bad as the actors in the SHARP training films.  Im never seen a male WO wearing so much pancake makeup.  And come on, if the DND is going to pay you to immitate a CF soldier at least get a bloody hair cut!  I was shocked at how many CF members apparently use brylcream...

Article Link

Man tumbles 15-metres with stolen ATM
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

LEAVENWORTH, Kansas - Police in Leavenworth, Kansas, say a thief who tried to bust a cash machine open like a giant piggy bank is lucky to be in one piece himself.

They say the 49-year-old pried an ATM loose from a credit union by using a stolen skid loader. Then, in a bid to break open the 1,360-kilogram cash machine, the man used the skid loader to drop it down a 15-metre wooded embankment.

Police Chief Patrick Kitchens says the problem is, when the ATM fell, the skid loader and the thief plummeted along with it.

The man was found trapped inside the battered machine and was taken to a hospital.

(Not much) more on link

Oh those crazy criminals!!  ::)

But wait!  There's more!!

Article Link

Accused drunk ends up running over self
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — A man is in a northern New Mexico jail, accused of driving drunk and leading police on a chase that finally ended with him running over himself.

State Police Officer Grace Romero spotted Aguilar’s pickup truck swerving across both lanes of the highway, driving slowly and then fast. He refused to stop.

After narrowly missing other vehicles, police said Aguilar drove through a ditch and a barbed-wire fence before stopping. He tried to put the truck into park, but it ended up in reverse.

Police said Aguilar fell from his open door and both of his legs were run over by the front driver’s side tire.

More on link

PMedMoe said:
But wait!  There's more!!

Article Link

Accused drunk ends up running over self
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — A man is in a northern New Mexico jail, accused of driving drunk and leading police on a chase that finally ended with him running over himself.

State Police Officer Grace Romero spotted Aguilar’s pickup truck swerving across both lanes of the highway, driving slowly and then fast. He refused to stop.

After narrowly missing other vehicles, police said Aguilar drove through a ditch and a barbed-wire fence before stopping. He tried to put the truck into park, but it ended up in reverse.

Police said Aguilar fell from his open door and both of his legs were run over by the front driver’s side tire.

More on link

Serves him right I suppose. The ATM one is a bit more humorous just because crooks do not seem to realize those things are near fool proof (newer ones anyways)

Marshall said:
Serves him right I suppose. The ATM one is a bit more humorous just because crooks do not seem to realize those things are near fool proof (newer ones anyways)

To paraphrase Einstein: "When you make something fool proof, the universe retaliates by making a better fool."

Amanda Black killed by Diablo off its meds.
Dateline 10 Nov 08 from Maclean's magazine,
"What killed Amada Black of Virginia, Va? A memo on a whiteboard in her townhouse that read "Medicate Diabolo" is probably the answer. Police believe Black tried to adminster oral medicine to Diablo, her ailing four-meter long tiger reticulated python. Diablo apparently didn't want to take his meds but wasn't too sick to engage in a struggle of wills. An autopsy has shown that Black died of compression performed on her neck."

MAN VS NATURE (Nature gets one point and Mrs. Black gets a Darwin Award)
:o

The Balloon Priest 
2008 Darwin Award Nominee
Confirmed True by Darwin

(20 April 2008, Atlantic Ocean, Brazil) In 1982 Lawn Chair Larry, beloved survivor of a Darwin-worthy attempt, attached 45 helium weather balloons to his comfortable Sears lawn chair, packed a picnic and a , and cut the tether. But instead of drifting lazily above the Los Angeles landscape, the combined lift of 45 huge helium balloons rocketed Larry into LAX air traffic lanes 16,000 feet above sea level. Astoundingly, he survived the "flight."
In homage to Larry's aerial adventure, a Catholic priest recently ascended towards heaven on a host of helium party balloons. Adelir Antonio de Carli, 41, was attempting to set the world record for clustered balloon flight to publicize his plan to build a spiritual rest stop for truckers.
Sitting for more than 19 hours in a lawn chair is not a trivial matter, even in the comfort of your own backyard. The priest took numerous safety precautions, including wearing a survival suit, selecting a buoyant chair, and packing a satellite phone and a GPS. However, the late Adelir Antonio made a fatal mistake.
He did not know how to use the GPS.
The winds changed, as winds do, and he was blown inexorably toward open sea. He could have parachuted to safety while over land, but chose not to. When the voyager was perilously lost at sea, he prudently phoned for help. But rescuers were unable to reach him since he could not use his GPS! HE struggled with the control panel as the charge on the satellite phone dwindled.
Instead of a GPS, the priest let God be his guide, and God guided him straight to heaven. Bits of balloons began appearing on mountains and beaches. Ultimately the priest's body surfaced, confirming that he, like Elvis, had left the building.
The kicker? It's a Double Darwin. Catholic priests take vows of celibacy. Since they voluntarily remove themselves from the gene pool, the entire group earns a mass Darwin Award. Adelir Antonio wins twice over!

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2008-14.html

daftandbarmy said:
The kicker? It's a Double Darwin. Catholic priests take vows of celibacy. Since they voluntarily remove themselves from the gene pool, the entire group earns a mass Darwin Award. Adelir Antonio wins twice over!
Wow, too funny!  Especially the "double Darwin", though i would disagree: they do not really "voluntarily" remove themselves from the gene pool (Darwin winnners), they do it through stupidity and unintentionally.  Still, pretty funny!

There are some things you just shouldn't leave to faith, like how to use safety equipment.
Descanse em paz Pai.
You had good intentions but piss poor execution.

I think this guy should be considered for a 2009 Darwin Award:

Man electrocuted while stealing copper
Article Link

WINDSOR, Ont. - A man who police believe was stealing copper wire is dead after he was electrocuted in Windsor.

Hydro One is working with city police to piece together the death after the company received an alarm Saturday night.

Windsor police were called to the scene about midnight.

Hydro One spokeswoman Laura Cook says it appears the unidentified man was attempting to remove the metal from a city power station when the electricity shot through his body, killing him.

Power lines contain copper wire used to conduct electricity, and contact with an energized power line can end in serious injury or death.

Ummm, ya think? 
2003.gif

PMedMoe said:

Article Link

WINDSOR, Ont. - A man who police believe was stealing copper wire is dead after he was electrocuted in Windsor.

Hydro One is working with city police to piece together the death after the company received an alarm Saturday night.

Windsor police were called to the scene about midnight.

Hydro One spokeswoman Laura Cook says it appears the unidentified man was attempting to remove the metal from a city power station when the electricity shot through his body, killing him.

Power lines contain copper wire used to conduct electricity, and contact with an energized power line can end in serious injury or death.

Ummm, ya think? 
2003.gif

Same thing happened in 95 near Winnipeg on Saskatchewan Avenue near the Perimeter. ABout 1km west of that intersection, there is an electrical substation. Our B Coy 2 VP discovered this guy fried . It was suspected he was attempting to steal copper wire.

The past few years have seen a lot of pole copper grounding cables disapear...

PMedMoe said:

It's not original enough, though. It happens too regularly. There's even a clip on Youtube somewhere showing somebody attempting this unsuccessfully.

Or maybe it was trying to steal electricity by attaching leads.

Same result anyway.

Loachman said:
It's not original enough, though. It happens too regularly. There's even a clip on Youtube somewhere showing somebody attempting this unsuccessfully.

Or maybe it was trying to steal electricity by attaching leads.

Same result anyway.

Dammit.  Here I thought it was original.  Stupid slow news days!  >:(  ;)

Don't worry. The wire thieves probably think that they're original, too.

Back