• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Air Force's CADPAT name-tag & rank

• Thread starter Thread starter Yard Ape
  • Start date Start date
Yeah its pretty comfy...and funny. Seeing a pair of CADPAT shorts and extreme white legs with black boots (when there are brand new).
;D

Zoomie said:
nope - i have only seen it in action while at work - apparently it is a pretty new piece of kit - Comox is always the first base to get it - they start distributing from West to East.

Our guys have had them since Feb when we got the rest of our CADPAT kit

Inch said:
Our guys have had them since Feb when we got the rest of our CADPAT kit

Brrr.. shorts in Feb - and in Halifax no less...

I could see the boys in YQQ getting away with that all year round but not Halifax.

Zoomie said:
Brrr.. shorts in Feb - and in Halifax no less...

I could see the boys in YQQ getting away with that all year round but not Halifax.

I guess our techs are just more manly out here!  ;D

They have had the two piece CADPAT coveralls though since then, but even on the hottest days here, I haven't seen anyone with the legs zipped off.

This has probably been discussed in this thread somewhere, but I didnt read all 6 pages of it.

The rank on the army cadpat is hard enough to see, but the blue airforce rank is even WORSE.  It's awful when you're walking by someone and you have to squint at their chest, and they're doing the same to you.  It's ridiculous, and it makes me hate walking around outside! 

Maybe we should all go back to the sweet DEUs - nice blue jacket with bright yellow rank!  Ha ha.

If we can have red and white flags why not garrison name and rank as well?

Crazy I know, but it might just work.

Quasi on topic: count me in as one of the people who finds the illegibility of name, rank, and unit on the CADPAT uniforms a SERIOUS pain in the ass.

Ditto the decision to move rank off the shoulders and onto the front of the uniform - it is now impossible to determine rank from the sides/rear.

DG

Duey said:
Don't kid yourself, GO...you'll be begging to be Cbt Arms Spec on an MH-47G spewing 6,000 rds/min of 7.26 out of an M-134 mini-gun!   ;D

As soon as we get SOA Chinooks, or miniguns, give me a call - but I don't see them in the near future!  >:(

GO!!! said:
As soon as we get SOA Chinooks, or miniguns, give me a call - but I don't see them in the near future!   >:(

Wait for it...I hear tell there's some movement up in the hallowed halls...  ;) 

I'll keep you in mind, GO, for the "Mission Spec short list"....6000rds/min wouldn't scare you, would it?  ;)

Cheers,
Duey

About the new ranks for the air force, The flightcrew will have new ranks on the shoulder for their flight suits. Right now they have the "old army green olive ranks" but soon they'll be issued the new ones. They are basically the same, but instead the rank will be blue. So it will be blue ranks on a green surface. They are thinking about issuying the same ranks for us, the techs. Thats all because of the confusion and everything.
It was mentioned today by the WCWO, this is how I found out.
cheers :salute:

Are we supposed to be issued the blue t-shirts? ???
In in CFSATE and have been told I have to buy them, either from canex
for $5.99 or from the canteen for $10.00 and it has a CFSATE crest on it.

certan sizes are unavailable because one of the contractors that DIDN'T get picked to produce them launched a lawsuit against DND. Therefore all T-shirt production has (or Was ) halted. But please feel free to purchase them at Canex.

Back