• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

I disagree with the author a lot but he has some facts here.

Frankly, 90% of our Politicians on both sides just need to be executed for treason, as a lot of foreign monies have been pouring in.
You and I are the only two people I know, even beyond this site, who keep saying that :ROFLMAO:

That said, I include Biden in there, because the Republicans are obviously right on the border issue. I think Abbot's right. The Constitution is the Constitution, doesn't matter what the Feds say.

His rationale is sound, I'd even add 2A into the mix, as it also contributes to the notion that the Founding Fathers expected a derelict federal government necessitating local action.

Texas asserts sovereignty.

So much for Biden Democrats' moral superiority when it comes to obeying the law.

Well... How about that upcoming movie Civil War ?

You and I are the only two people I know, even beyond this site, who keep saying that :ROFLMAO:

That said, I include Biden in there, because the Republicans are obviously right on the border issue. I think Abbot's right. The Constitution is the Constitution, doesn't matter what the Feds say.

His rationale is sound, I'd even add 2A into the mix, as it also contributes to the notion that the Founding Fathers expected a derelict federal government necessitating local action.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.
Thomas Jefferson 1787

I think Abbot's right. The Constitution is the Constitution, doesn't matter what the Feds say.
I don't know enough about US jurisprudence to know if 'constitution vs. constitution' has been legally tested ('when constitutions collide'). Maybe they need a Nothwithstanding Clause. I realize he has to provide background and context to make his Order , but the Governor's statement reads as 90% a political statement aimed at public consumption.

Well... How about that upcoming movie Civil War ?
Some folks think that movie is “programming” Americans to think there is one coming.

I said this in the thread about the movie trailer, but even 10 years ago the movie premise would seem ridiculous.

I disagree with the author a lot but he has some facts here.
I disagree with the author as well...

But I find my disagreement stems from an inherent distrust I now have of the mainstream media in general. And they very much have done this to themselves.

The author, even if entirely accurate (which I don't think he is), makes some predictions that I don't think will hold true (re every day that Nikki Haley stays in the race is a bad day for Trump, could very well be a great day for Trump come election time)

Some folks think that movie is “programming” Americans to think there is one coming.

I said this in the thread about the movie trailer, but even 10 years ago the movie premise would seem ridiculous.

I agree that a Civil War 2.0 is probably unlikely for the US. But as we have seen in the last few years, nothing is a foregone conclusion.

Now that would be VERY interesting to watch what happens.
I wonder if we would see a mass disobedience in the ranks if they get federalized. I understand they took an oath and also their patriotism. However, they are also Texans that love their state and are likely appalled and pissed off at the feds and what they are doing to their state. I don't think they much care what Biden says.

Probably because most of us don't think mass political assassinations are appropriate? Kind of a slippery slope don't you think?

We also try to avoid extreme hyperbole, if that's really what this is. Do you really think Biden should be assassinated? Fuck democracy, and all that?

Probably because most of us don't think mass political assassinations are appropriate? Kind of a slippery slope don't you think?

We also try to avoid extreme hyperbole, if that's really what this is. Do you really think Biden should be assassinated? Fuck democracy, and all that?
Nobody said anything about assassinations. Get a grip.

1706204750299.png
As far as I can tell, these are the states which have made public declarations in favour of Texas in the last 24 hours.

PS: now annotated with the largest land force bases, and stars for the states that provide the most troops (Gold: 6+, Silver: 4-6k).
PPS: Just realized KY and NC have democrat governors.

Last edited:
Some history that has some similarities.

They federalized the NG then and also sent in the 101st airborne.
Also the Detroit riots (the one I'm most familiar with) and 11 other times.

Nobody said anything about assassinations. Get a grip.

"Probably because most of us don't think mass executions of politicians are appropriate? Kind of a slippery slope don't you think?

We also try to avoid extreme hyperbole, if that's really what this is. Do you really think Biden should be assassinated? Fuck democracy, and all that?"

There, is that better? jfc...

"Probably because most of us don't think mass executions of politicians are appropriate? Kind of a slippery slope don't you think?

We also try to avoid extreme hyperbole, if that's really what this is. Do you really think Biden should be assassinated? Fuck democracy, and all that?"

There, is that better? jfc...

I mean, if politicians have been found to be treasonous, why not ? A good public execution never hurt France :)

I’d not shed a tear if she died today. She’s a traitor who while still serving in uniform made statements (untrue) that damaged the credibility of the country.

Hanging is to good for her.
OK, carry on. This thread is full of stuff like that and it fits right in.

Back