• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

I see the capital building has been occupied by Pro-Palestinian (pro Hamas?) protestors.

It will be fun to watch how this needle gets threaded.
They went through security to get in. Those who disrupted committee proceedings have been arrested, and it looks like a phased public order approach is being applied for those remaining within the rotunda. It doesn’t appear to have substantially impacted the functions of government. Not the first raucous but peaceful protest in the Capitol, won’t be the last.

Last edited:
I see the capital building has been occupied by Pro-Palestinian (pro Hamas?) protestors.

It will be fun to watch how this needle gets threaded.
Protestors? According to democrat criteria and definition, they are terrorists and insurrectionists.

Do we have a running tally yet on how many have beat up a cop or taken a steamy shit in the rotunda?
3 arrested for assault. Demonstrations are not permitted in the Capitol buildings. Overall 300 arrests were conducted. About the source here, I am sure some may not like it. I checked CNN and all I could find related to the Capitol was January 6th.
Story Link
The demonstrators initially protested on the Capitol grounds, but then made their way into the rotunda of the office building, where a number of media outlets have crews for correspondents to do standups during congressional proceedings. Capitol Police said that demonstrations are not allowed in Capitol buildings and that three protesters were arrested and charged with assault on an officer during processing.

3 arrested for assault. Demonstrations are not permitted in the Capitol buildings. Overall 300 arrests were conducted. About the source here, I am sure some may not like it. I checked CNN and all I could find related to the Capitol was January 6th.
Story Link
I agree that CNN's reporting on this was MIA. But even Fox News was very tepid and the last time I looked it was gone.

🍻

Story Link

Good that those who refused direction to leave were arrested and charged, and hopefully the handful of idiots who got violent have the book thrown at them. From my experience it’s tough to forcibly remove a large and angry crown without at least a couple of them making further dumb decisions.

Last edited:
I agree that CNN's reporting on this was MIA. But even Fox News was very tepid and the last time I looked it was gone.

🍻
Wait, it’s not BREAKING NEWS there?! :ROFLMAO:

It’s pretty telling when Fox News stops reporting about a pro-Palestinian (pro-Hamas or not) anything.

Wait, it’s not BREAKING NEWS there?! :ROFLMAO:

It’s pretty telling when Fox News stops reporting about a pro-Palestinian (pro-Hamas or not) anything.
Not so fast. This in one piece that was published yesterday as it happened and another at 8 this morning. Plus one more for luck. There are more but you get the idea.
Yesterday
Today
Some More

Here is a Fox News piece about Sen John Fetterman calling out fellow democrats.
Sen. John Fetterman, D-Pa., expressed his support for Israel on X Wednesday, when he also criticized some of his Democratic colleagues without mentioning them by name.

Fetterman, in a series of posts, struck down calls for a ceasefire and questioned those who blamed the deadly hospital blast in Gaza on Israel, writing that it is "truly disturbing" members of Congress were quick to take the word of Hamas, who blamed the death of hundreds at a Gaza hospital on an Israeli airstrike, over "our key ally."

"It’s truly disturbing that Members of Congress rushed to blame Israel for the hospital tragedy in Gaza. Who would take the word of a group that just massacred innocent Israeli civilians over our key ally?" the Pennsylvania senator asked on X.
Article Link

Sydney Powell is pleading guilty in the Georgia Election case….details are just coming out. Looks like she might face 6 years probation.

Holy crap! I wonder if that comes with a cooperation agreement?

I mean, on the strength of the facts she was pretty screwed. Nonetheless this is a big decision and a big admission.

EDIT TO ADD: Ok, apparently she’s pled down to six misdemeanours, and has agreed to cooperate with other prosecutions and to turn over documents to prosecutors. I think we can expect a flurry of additional guilty pleas; the risk of trial for co-accused just increased markedly, the rate of return on making a deal has dropped but still exists, and other contestants odds of winning will drop as further prizes are claimed.

ANOTHER ETA: Further thought- as co-accused make plea deals, trial complexity will drop, and arguments by defense to delay trial on those grounds will weaken.

Last edited:
More on the Powell deal

I guess we’ll see, but it will be interesting to see how her case in Federal Court goes, or whether she pleads in that as well.

Back