• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Yet Another Upgrade...

I'm liking the "new" old background as well.  ;)

Here's an interesting problem I ran across this morning.  Hopefully, I can explain it properly.

When using the drop-down menu to change the font color, after it is used, it doesn't go back to the top.  I usually highlight my words and then use the change color menu.  Subsequent words remain in the default color but when going to change the font color again, because it remained on the last color used, I have to change it to another color and then go back to the one I want.

Boy, I hope someone gets what I mean by that.  :-\

So far I like the new upgrades, however as I use the Navy.ca version there are still some challenges:

- the yellow on sand/light blue background on the unread topics page is hard to read; and
- the black on navy blue text in the postings box is hard to see (you wind up typing blind).

Other than that... so far so good.

PMedMoe said:
I'm liking the "new" old background as well.  ;)

When using the drop-down menu to change the font color, after it is used, it doesn't go back to the top.  I usually highlight my words and then use the change color menu.  Subsequent words remain in the default color but when going to change the font color again, because it remained on the last color used, I have to change it to another color and then go back to the one I want.

Boy, I hope someone gets what I mean by that.  :-\

I had to do the same yesterday....never thought to post it though....

In the "my messages" section of my profile, the option to view, "sent messages", is gone.

I' have been having problems with getting the entire home page to load; seems to finish loading 1/2 or 3/4 the way through and reloading doesn't work, but logging out and logging back ='s a fully loaded home page, but only for a short bit and then rise, recyclable and repeat.  It only happens w/ this site.   

What amount of funds are needed to upgrade the site so it loads quickly?  What about some sort of on-site one time fundraiser specifically for this most important upgrade?

SARgirl said:
In the "my messages" section of my profile, the option to view, "sent messages", is gone.

SARgirl, while in the message section, hover your cursor over where it says Messages on the left.  A "pop-up" drop-down menu should appear with choices of New Message, Inbox and Sent Messages.

As far as the rest of your post, I think that's pretty much happening to everyone.  I don't log out but I certainly refresh the page a lot.  :-\

MUCH better!! So much easier on the tired, old eyes.

Hawk

PMedMoe said:
SARgirl, while in the message section, hover your cursor over where it says Messages on the left.  A "pop-up" drop-down menu should appear with choices of New Message, Inbox and Sent Messages.
Found it.  Thank you very much. :)

Was there not a 'drafts' option in 'my messages' before or no???

Moe... thanks for the report on the font droplist.

FDO and Mike... I haven't done much with the Navy side of the house except break things so far... but I will get to it. :)

SARGirl... I don't recall a drafts folder... though that sure would have been handy a few times!

With regards to the site speed, that issue is being tracked in another thread.

Thanks for your patience... it's a learning process for me but once I get the basics down it should start coming together pretty quickly.

Cheers
Mike

All... I've made some progress on the Army and Navy side of things... the Air Force may have to wait in a holding pattern until I get back on Sunday. :)

Note that it make take a few refreshes for some to see the changes...

As always, feedback is welcome.

Thanks Mr Bobbit,

From my previous post bout upgrade on navy.ca in the wrong thread (Tracking problems with the forum upgrade [Post here]), it is way easier to read now.

Cheers,

Mike

I was rather enjoying the light colors of the original changes, but no, you caved into pressure from the "old" ones and went back over to the dark side....... ::)

Fine....let the color blind fools play in the dark....make Milnet the side of the future...one where eyestrain is not the order of the day, black green is flushed with the bleach of purity!!!

Milnet's gone fairly dark too... though it needs some TLC to get the fine points tuned up. I might be able to work something else out for a lighter style... but I'd like to nail down the primary bits first.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Milnet's gone fairly dark too... though it needs some TLC to get the fine points tuned up. I might be able to work something else out for a lighter style... but I'd like to nail down the primary bits first.

By all means, take care of the multitudes primary bits first  ;D 

Mike, I really like the black w/ dark grey and white text colour combination... my favourite so far, really like it a lot.  Great job.

I am just enjoying the changes as they settle in to what will be the final newest version...... Errr Mike is there ever going to be a final version ( not that I mind.)  I am noting that my work computer still does not do spell check, ( will conifirm with this post.)  *edit, to note that the checker box comes up but there are error's stillBut the emoticons are back in full GIF's  :piper: :salute:

Good job mike

Oh the reply home button tends to get washed out with the bright green and white font style. ( could just be my eye's or PC

Heh, the final version will feature my obit. ;) Until then, I'll keep tweaking.

On the DIN/DWAN, some of the javascript that runs things like the spell checker may be blocked... There's not much I can do about that, but if I know which features are blocked I might be able to make life a little easier. Previously, the blocked javascript would cause the PM form to fail to even load for example, so people couldn't send PMs while behind the DND firewalls. I added a small bit of code to stop sending the javascript to DND addresses and that fixed it. Didn't get the javascript features back but at least the form loaded.

I also fixed up the reply button, hopefully it's a little better now.

Cheers
Mike

Another upgrade, but this one should be largely invisible. The underlying operating system has been upgraded (to Fedora 12, for those who are interested). As I mentioned, there should be no visible side-effects to this, but if you see any problems please let me know.

Cheers
Mike

Was wondering what happened as I could not logon for awhile......

Was that second outage, and now the inability to post (due to Error 408) planned

Back