• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Being warned about not talking about rotating out of the Afganistan.OPSEC.
Then being told about it 5 seconds after on CTV!

Well, technically this was yesterday...but I haven't been to sleep yet, so it's still "today"  :blotto:

Anyways... I'm picking up salad making veggies and cheeses (tomato and cottage cheese salad = yum!) at Safeway, and waiting in line at the self service tills because the line ups are usually much shorter, possibly because a lot of people can't understand the simplicity of the technology. Case in point, the comments I overhear from a couple at the self serve nearest me:

Wife: You find it honey?
Husband: No, I can't see it anywhere!
Wife: Why would they put something so stupid in a self service line?!? I thought these things would be easy!
(At this point I'm wondering what they are doing looking all over the machine for something. I see the screen is saying "Press Start to Begin" with the GIANT start button on the touch screen flashing underneath)
Wife: this is STUPID!!!!!!
(I can see they are getting frustrated, so I casually walk up, tap the start button on the screen, and step back to my basket. The system pipes up saying "Please scan your first item" and they both look at me like I had grown horns and held a pitchfork  :blotto: :blotto:)

Gotta love technology!

Okay, it wasn't today, but still......

From someone posting on another forum without crediting the source (reply #9):

PLAGIARISM ****!! It's plagiarism if you’re making money from it. Seriously you want to critic me on PLAGIARISM? Why do you care so much? It’s an excellent example which gets the point across. It really doesn’t matter who wrote it that person published on the web were © copy write laws haven’t caught up. It’s not Plagiarism because I haven’t published it out as my own I posted it in a forum for information purposes only.

Oh, and I should add that this person is supposedly writing a law paper.  ::)

someone should forward him on to Dictionary.com

pla⋅gia⋅rism - the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work.

and heres a bit from Wikipedia (yes I know not a credible source but still..)

Plagiarism is not copyright infringement. While both terms may apply to a particular act, they are different transgressions. Copyright infringement is a violation of the rights of a copyright holder, when material protected by copyright is used without consent. On the other hand, plagiarism is concerned with the unearned increment to the plagiarizing author's reputation that is achieved through false claims of authorship.

someone may also want to critique him on his spelling/grammar

Wisconsin district attorney says 11-year-old girl's diabetic death 'needless'

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WAUSAU, Wis. - Prosecutors in the homicide trial of a Wisconsin mother accused of praying instead of seeking medical attention for her diabetic daughter say the girl suffered and died needlessly.

Assistant District Attorney LaMont Jacobson said in opening statements Saturday that the case isn't about religion, but about 11-year-old Madeline Neumann's "needless suffering and death."

Authorities say 41-year-old Leilani Neumann of Weston and her husband Dale believed the girl's illness was a "test of faith."

They're charged with second-degree reckless homicide in the 2008 death.

An autopsy found Madeline died from undiagnosed diabetes, which meant she had too little insulin.

If convicted, Neumann faces up to 25 years in prison.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2009/05/16/9480536-ap.html

Stuff like this is totally unnecessary, ridiculous and dumb and it makes my blood boil.  :threat:
They should through the book at the parents.

JBoyd said:
someone may also want to critique him on his spelling/grammar

That's how I knew he was cutting and pasting from somewhere else; there were no spelling mistakes.  ;)

PMedMoe said:
That's how I knew he was cutting and pasting from somewhere else; there were no spelling mistakes.  ;)

That thread is hard to read, it looks like he is pretty much just talking to himself on the first page lol

Ok, i'm not sure how this'll go but heres another golden gem from your friends in the Australian Army.

Theres a bunch of reo's (reinforcements, new blokes) standing around in the morning before PT. L/Cpl comes up,
L/cpl - "Rightio fellers, i cant come for PT this morning but i want you all go down to the gym. Just bang out a circuit, at least 30 mins and then get back here at 930. Sweet?"
New bloke (been in the Regiment since January which is 2 months longer then the others) - "Do you want me to form the fellers up and march them down?"
L/Cpl - "Ah, nope, they're all big boys, they know where the gym is, i think they'll make it".
L/Cpl walks away...
New lad, waits till he's gone - "Rightio fellers, form up, i'll march you down! Hurry up you shower!"...

I received an invitation to a Regimental Dining-in from a Reserve unit.
In lieu of "rsvp," it reads "RRSP is requested by...."

Maybe they're trying to build up the Regimental fund  ;)

Journeyman said:
I received an invitation to a Regimental Dining-in from a Reserve unit.
In lieu of "rsvp," it reads "RRSP is requested by...."

Maybe they're trying to build up the Regimental fund  ;)

Depending on one's RRSP, could be one heck of an expensive dinner!  ;)

Good typo.  Reminds me of a job ad in the Moncton paper.  Warehouse work, must have own steel-toed books.  ;D

PMedMoe said:
Depending on one's RRSP, could be one heck of an expensive dinner!  ;)

Good typo.  Reminds me of a job ad in the Moncton paper.  Warehouse work, must have own steel-toed books.  ;D

Depending on one's RRSP, it could be one heck of a cheap dinner! ... I really need to work on that.

gcclarke said:
Depending on one's RRSP, it could be one heck of a cheap dinner! ... I really need to work on that.

True, for me it would cost nothing!  :-\

Reeves may be father of my children
Article Link

A Barrie, Ont., woman has filed court documents to secure a DNA sample from Keanu Reeves in an attempt to get support for herself and four children.

Karen Sala, 47, filed notice in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice family branch on Monday, asking for a declaration of parentage from the actor.

According to reports, Sala has known Reeves since age nine, when he was seven, and briefly lived with his family as a teen after running away from home.

A spokeswoman for the actor has strongly rejected her claims.

"Karen Sala's allegations are completely false and absurd. Mr. Reeves has no knowledge of who she is," said Reeves' publicist, Cheryl Maisel, in a written statement. None of the allegations have been proven in court.

In addition to the DNA test, Sala is seeking child support of $150,000 per month, retroactive to June 1988, as well as $3 million per month in spousal support, retroactive to November 2006, for a whopping total of $126 million.

"I'm pissed. I just want him to stand up and be a man," the Toronto Star quotes Sala as saying.

More on link

Wow!  Imagine getting out of bed one day and saying "I'll think I sue Keanu Reeves for child support, even though my youngest kid is 20."  ::) 

Might be interesting to see how this pans out.  Maybe a good idea for a Maury Pauvich show.  ;D

PMedMoe said:
Reeves may be father of my children
Article Link

According to reports, Sala has known Reeves since age nine, when he was seven, and briefly lived with his family as a teen after running away from home.

A spokeswoman for the actor has strongly rejected her claims.

"
a
Age nine when he was seven???? who is dumber here? The woman or the reporter??? ;D

OldSolduer said:
Age nine when he was seven???? who is dumber here? The woman or the reporter??? ;D

That's how long she claims to have known him, not when she got pregnant...... ;)

JAWS228 said:
Pte *BLOGGINS* WAS going to be on extras for the next 5 days for stealing a GWagon for his own personal shower run and then proceeding to refuel several diesel generators with propane.  BUT we'll have to find someone else to fill said extras because he is now going to Afghanistan.

:brickwall:
Wow, something I was actually there for (all of it minus the g-wagon, and the offender was the one who told me about it...)

It was actually Gas not propane.....

Still :brickwall:

Jager said:
Wow, something I was actually there for (all of it minus the g-wagon, and the offender was the one who told me about it...)

It was actually Gas not propane.....

Still :brickwall:

... exactly how would one go about filling a diesel tank with propane anyways?

Remember where you are sir !!

(taken out of context this is a fun statement).  In this case it was about Pte's flinching when a Capt walks in a room, and Capt's flinching when a Gen walks in....etc.

Back