• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What rank do you hope to achieve in your CF career?

• Thread starter Thread starter Veteran`s son
  • Start date Start date
MedTech said:
That is indeed the custom at dinner and formal events.

And at informal events (like in the house) ... we wimmin' are, quite simply, the Generals.  ;)

It was said with tongue in cheek. What I'm saying is that BECAUSE I am married to someone in the military that I will ALWAYS out rank him.  He can use his WO voice at work, but, he isn't using it at home with me:)  Maybe the kids, the dog, etc. but not his wife.  I guess, sometimes 'Sarcasm, One Of The Services Offered Here' doesn't always work well when it's typed!!!

ArmyVern said:
And at informal events (like in the house) ... we wimmin' are, quite simply, the Generals.  ;)

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
It was said with tongue in cheek. What I'm saying is that BECAUSE I am married to someone in the military that I will ALWAYS out rank him.  He can use his WO voice at work, but, he isn't using it at home with me:)  Maybe the kids, the dog, etc. but not his wife.  I guess, sometimes 'Sarcasm, One Of The Services Offered Here' doesn't always work well when it's typed!!!

Oh I'm well aware of that :D

ENGINEERS WIFE said:

Don't back down from your arguement --  >:D

He doesn't use it at home with you ... because he knows who the General of the household is.  :)

Ya!!  It was kinda funny, when he got back from taking his SGT's course, he had a tendency to be a WEE LITTLE bossy:)  I was like, Whoa, back the truck up buddy!!!  You ain't on course, I certainly don't look like a baby sapper:)  I still get to bug him about it to this day, I get lots of mileage out of it.  And even after many years that WO voice still sneaks in once in awhile. But, my Mom/General voice is better!

I don't have any clue about ranks really, except their order. I don't know what's possible to obtain, whats stupid to even dream of obtaining, or anything.

I'll just be happy when I actually have a rank haha.

ArmyVern said:
He doesn't use it at home with you ... because he knows who the General of the household is.  :)

Yeah, but you have to at least let us pretend to be the General...

Otherwise we men will get all man-pouty and hide at the Legion...

Greymatters,  You've hit the nail on the head!  The secret to a good marriage is that the husband THINKS he's the 'General' and his wife assures him of that regularly!!!!  And the wife KNOWS she's the 'General'  And, I'll let you in on a little lady/general secret, if you're sneaking off to the Legion, it's cuz she wants you out of her hair, not cuz you're the 'General' lol

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
And, I'll let you in on a little lady/general secret, if you're sneaking off to the Legion, it's cuz she wants you out of her hair, not cuz you're the 'General' lol

Lalalalala dont want to hear that.  We have to keep some illusions... or disillusions...

When I was a private I felt like a maggot and just couldn't wait to get my corporals. When I got promoted I was the proudest 2-hooker in the CF, even though you don't have to do much to get that rank. If I were younger I would want to go further but I joined late in life and am really happy to be a corporal. I know that we should all seek leadership responsibility, and I admire those who do their PLQ and then go on from there, but I think some of us just want to do a good job and cheerfully carry out orders - and that's why I'm happy to stay a corporal.  :)

I thought I would make Sgt someday but have made it to WO.  Sometimes I miss my Cpl days.  Avoid the leaf of grief MCpl Rank if possible, but if you want to keep moving stay a MCpl for as short a time as possible.

ArmyVern said:
Don't back down from your arguement --  >:D

House Sergeant Major > General ;)

ballz said:
I don't have any clue about ranks really, except their order. I don't know what's possible to obtain, whats stupid to even dream of obtaining, or anything.

I'll just be happy when I actually have a rank haha.

I agree totally

I'm at my one and only career goal,Mcpl.

Anything else means mess kit,extra functions that I want no part of peroid.

By far the worse rank yet.

Shite jobs of a pte,shite jobs of sgt.

Permant course senior.

Back