• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What Foreign Armies Can We Join?

• Thread starter Thread starter smoky
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
CougarKing said:
Saying that is one thing. Getting permanently settled there in the States is another. Did you even read that PM I sent you clearing up some misconceptions you have about US immigration?As someone who used to study in the States myself, don't take what I have to say lightly.

I sincerely hope the CF accepts you first- you considering just the Reg. Army or did you try considering any reserve units in your home province as well?

I was following the path that Canadian vets from Vietnam took. There are corners you can cut to get into the States. Yahoo "Canadians in Vietnam" and you will find more info.

My Science 20 teacher was in the CAR, he said the reserves are for babies. I sincerely hope the Regs accept me too.

What are you talking about.....there are no shortcuts. I still had to immigrate to the States the same as you will have to, but the rules have changed since then. Now you must be a US citizen to join.

ronnychoi said:
My Science 20 teacher was in the CAR, he said the reserves are for babies.

That's an insult to many. Especially reservists who have been killed and wounded overseas. Try doing some research before making blanket statements like that. Especially when just quoting other people.

Keep in your lane. It's a very small lane, but stay in it.

Ronny: Following M O'leary's advice, I'm going to jump in nicely and suggest you rephrase your paraphrasing of your teacher and understand one thing, whether someone is a reservist or regular force member, there is nothing baby-ish about what they train for.  Give your young head a shake, stop behaving like your some hero and listen to what the folks on here are trying to tell you and stop insulting our experiences and intelligence with your uninformed, piss and vinegar attitude.  Take it down a few notches hero.

GAP said:
What are you talking about.....there are no shortcuts. I still had to immigrate to the States the same as you will have to, but the rules have changed since then. Now you must be a US citizen to join.

Sorry to interrupt you all...

GAP,

Actually, with no disrespect meant to a honored veteran like you, but today greencard holders/US permament resident foreigners can also join, aside from US citizens.

As stated in these links:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/enlstandards_2.htm

Citizenship

While there is a statutory requirement that only a United States Citizen may become a commissioned officer, this is not true for enlistment. Certain non-citizens can enlist in the United States Armed Forces. To be eligible to enlist, a non-citizen must:

(1) Entered the United States on a permanent residence visa or has an Alien Registration Receipt Card (INS Form 1-551/I-551 greencard or stamped I-94), and

(2) Established a bona fide residence, and

(3) Established a home of record in the United States.

The visa and/or "greencard" must have sufficient time remaining on it (expiration date) to be valid during the entire term on enlistment. While non-citizens may enlist in the U.S. Military, they are not allowed to reenlist (stay in beyond their first term of service), unless they first become U.S. Citizens. However, there are accelerated citizenship procedures for non-citizens on active duty.

Here is another link:

http://www.af.mil/questions/topic.asp?id=8

Enlistment into the U.S. Air Force, or any branch of the U.S. military, by citizens of countries other than the United States is limited to those foreign nationals who are legally residing in the United States and possess an Immigrations and Naturalization Service Alien Registration Card (INS Form I-151/551 -- Commonly known as a "Green Card"). Applicants must be between 17 and 35; meet the mental, moral, and physical standards for enlistment; and must speak, read and write English fluently.

Note: The U.S. military branches cannot assist foreign nationals in obtaining admittance into the United States. Questions concerning immigration to the United States should be asked of the U.S. Embassy. Only after immigration procedures are completed and an applicant is legally residing in the United States may an application for enlistment be accepted.

Furthermore, in order to be commissioned an officer in the U.S. Air Force, one must be a native-born or naturalized United States citizen.

Choi,

I also hope you're PAYING ATTENTION as well!!!!

niner domestic said:
Ronny: Following M O'leary's advice, I'm going to jump in nicely and suggest you rephrase your paraphrasing of your teacher and understand one thing, whether someone is a reservist or regular force member, there is nothing baby-ish about what they train for.  Give your young head a shake, stop behaving like your some hero and listen to what the folks on here are trying to tell you and stop insulting our experiences and intelligence with your uninformed, piss and vinegar attitude.  Take it down a few notches hero.

I don't know that just stuck in my head what he said to me. Maybe he has a vendetta against reservists.
Trust me, I will always sit and listen to someone has been there because they know more than me firsthand.
I would never disregard any good advice, that would make me a bad pupil.

Didn't the CAR gain a reputation more or less because of it's bad ass piss and vinegar attitude? I mean, this police officer told me that they were scared shytless of those guys in Quebec back in the 70's and 80's. If so, maybe I should boil my piss and vinegar some more. Regardless, no offense to reservists, it must be fun and all but the reserves aren't for me. I need to be running and doing certain things.

CougarKing said:
Sorry to interrupt you all...

GAP,

Actually, with no disrespect meant to a honored veteran like you, but today greencard holders/US permament resident foreigners can also join, aside from US citizens.

As stated in these links:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/enlstandards_2.htm

Here is another link:

http://www.af.mil/questions/topic.asp?id=8

Choi,

I also hope you're PAYING ATTENTION as well!!!!

Thanks Coug, I've spent over 24 hours reading those websites. I am paying VERY close attention. I'm not just looking into these things so I can get off. But hey Coug, thanks for all the great advice and suggestions.

I think Mr Choi is living in a fantasy world, and should he ever make it to the pshyc test, and interview, they'll see right through him. Bloody hell, I can already!

All talk as far as I am concerned, in the real world, he'd crap his pants and have tears big a horse turds crying for Mommy at the first incoming mortar rd.

I reckon he's got a fair deal of growing up to do. He just does not seem to grasp reality, and does not take any heed from 'real soldiers' or others with life experience on here.

He's just another liability.

As for Brinks offering a 22yr old a job (he may have applied though), ha, I call the BS meter on this one too. I was in the industry for 5 LONG yrs, the only 22 yr olds we had were janitors, and none of them barely spoke 'engrish'. There is such things as life experience and maturity which are paramount in that organisation. Judging from the quality of his posts, Choi lacks both. Its more than just carrying a loaded revolver and driving around in an armoured truck. I doubt if the Police would issue a carry permit for lawful employment to him anyways.

Well Ronnie, as for your comments about 'Reserves as babies', try telling that to the Militia guys fighting right now, or better to the families of Reservists who have been killed in AFG. You got a long row to hoe son.

Regards from Baghdad,

Wes

Wesley (Over There) said:
I think Mr Choi is living in a fantasy world, and should he ever make it to the pshyc test, and interview, they'll see right through him. Bloody hell, I can already!

All talk as far as I am concerned, in the real world, he'd crap his pants and have tears big a horse turds crying for Mommy at the first incoming mortar rd.

I reckon he's got a fair deal of growing up to do. He just does not seem to grasp reality, and does not takwe any heed from 'real soldiers' on here.

He's just another liability.

As for Brinks offering a 22yr old a job (he may have applied though), ha, I call the BS meter on this one too. I was in the industry for 5 LONG yrs, the only 22 yr olds we had were janitors, and none of them barely spoke 'engrish'. There is such things as life experience and maturity which are paramount in that organisation. Choi lacks both. Its more than just carrying a loaded revolver and driving around in an armoured truck. I doubt if the Police would issue a carry permit for lawful employment to him anyways.

well Ronnie, as for your comments about 'Reserves as babies', try telling that to the Militia guys fighting right now, or better to the families of Reservists who have been killed in AFG.

Regards from Baghdad,

Wes

Thats nice. Wes, I already had my interview and psych test. I do take heed. I'm not a liability. I speak engrish real good, please watch the racist overtones Wes. As for life experience, maturity and police issuing me a permit to carry, I think they would considering they cleared me for obtaining restricted and non-restricted firearms. I can buy a .50 cal sniper rifle if my little heart desires. I already have my security and safety clearance ticket. Maturity is obviously required when dealing with large amounts of cash.

When mortars come in, lot's of people cry, some do, some don't. I hope I don't. I think they drop mortars close to you when your sleeping anyways during training to see who looses bowel control. Most reservists aren't babies.

Stay safe and try not to loose 3 liters. :salute:

Pat

Cozy Canada  :cdn:

???

Racial overtones? Get stuffed! Don't go chucking that card around pal!

My point was the 'Armoured Car Industry' does does hire children to do a man's job.

You go ahead and buy your 12.7 x99mm 'sniper rifle' if it makes you feel like a man. Its people of your mentality who should not be allowed to possess fireams period.

Just because you have a certificate to possess or obtain firearms does not mean they'll issue out carry permits for 'lawful occupation'. Going to a proper range for a shoot, and having a judgement call in a split second to use deadly force is an entirely different matter.

You're untrained.

As for the use of mortars for training while troops 'sleep' to see if thy'll shyte themselves, mate, I don't know who told you that, but its wrong, and to even consider believing that, well feel free.

You just remember one thing, its your integrity on here not ours, but I don't think you give a fat rats arse anyways.

I'll try not to loose my 'three litres' as you rudely put it.

Get a life.

Wes

???

Racial overtones? Get stuffed! Don't go chucking that card around pal!

My point was the 'Armoured Car Industry' does does hire children to do a man's job.

You go ahead and buy your 12.7 x99mm 'sniper rifle' if it makes you feel like a man. Its people of your mentality who should not be allowed to possess fireams period.

Wes

You tossed up the deck.
Well, if 22 is a child then yes, they hire big children to do men's jobs. I'm 21 by the way, I don't know where you got 22 from.
I know I didn't say "12.7x99mm" sniper rifle.
Lot's of people with my mentality have firearms. Many people with my mentality have Armoured Car jobs.
C'mon Wesley, you know that.

Choi

If you want to start a flame war, fill your boots.

BTW 12.7 x 99mm is the standard name of the actual cartridge for the basic .50 sniper rifles used.

Mentality and maturity are two different things. I fight along side with 20yr olds here.

Glad to see your general firearms knowledge is up to speed.

Let the meltdown commence.

Mr. Choi:

Since this thread started you have been deliberately aggressive and willfully obtuse.

Aggression is a fine attribute to be possessed of when facing an enemy - it's not so welcome in the company of friends - or those with whom you seek friendship.

Roy

Roy Harding said:
Mr. Choi:

Since this thread started you have been deliberately aggressive and willfully obtuse.

Aggression is a fine attribute to be possessed of when facing an enemy - it's not so welcome in the company of friends - or those with whom you seek friendship.

Roy

Someone always says it better than me, I was just going to say "Shut your mouth and open your ears!"

Planes

If you want to start a flame war, fill your boots.

BTW 12.7 x 99mm is the standard name of the actual cartridge for the basic .50 sniper rifles used.

Glad to see your general firearms knowledge is up to speed.

Let the meltdown commence.

Flame wars are for babies.

12.7x107 is also a basic .50cal round Wesley. For units such as the M1A1.http://www.snipersparadise.com/equipment/rifles/pics/GEPM6.jpg MMkay Wes?

Also I did not specify which rifle, be it basic or complex, foreign or domestic.

Glad to see you keep an open mind when speaking of the thousands of different rifle models that exist.

Now Wes, meltdowns are for babies too. You can speak now.

Mr. Choi,

Consider this your last warning. Get posting appropriately, leave the snide and denigrating remarks out of it. They are uncalled for. Once more and you will find yourself on the official warnings ladder. I highly suggest that you revisit the site membership guidelines. You would have seen them upon your initially becoming a member here.

The Librarian
Army.ca Staff

Mate, you wouldnt want to have a crack at Wes' firearm knowledge. What he doesnt know (from my various sources) could be written on the tip on a pin in capitals. He's the one who's copping the two way range.
Going into any military is a big deal, you shouldnt just whore yourself out to the highest bidder. Sit down, think about it and show some respect to the big boys of this site. Next time someone who says they've got 20 odd years experiance tells you something, even if you disagree, just nod and smile because lets face it, your probably wrong and they'r right.
If you do what i just said you'll find the military is brillant place to be. The people are the salt of the earth but if you rub them the wrong way your in for a world of hurt.
Slow down, reload and take your time looking through your sight picture before you start doing the "lebanon unload" again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back