• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Election: 2016

tomahawk6 said:
With the utmost respect Mario I disagree.Demographics has nothing to do with experience.Obama was a political agitator err community organizer,then he was elected to the Senate.Prior to his election he had zero executive experience.Clinton also was a Senator and then became Sec State.Her tenure was a mixed bag. Trump runs a billion dollar business with loads of experience managing people and money. I voted for experience. :warstory:

T6, with equal respect*, I was not referring to the demographics of the candidates, or their experience, ( or lack of ). Depends on your point of view, I suppose?

My post was about the demographics of the voters:)

* With more respect actually, because I'm not a US voter. Just a spectator.

Although I must admit to a slight concern as to which candidate gets control of the nukes. But, why worry, eh?  :)

Maybe it's time for fresh ideas instead of the same career politicians all taking a turn.  Trump seems sincere to me unlike the other options.

Go Trump!

It's electoral college day!

I think Trumps a complete idiot and I think that's great. The next 4 years if he's not assassinated before will be very entertaining. Finally we have someone to counter the Putin's and Erdogan's of the world. Obama never understood that his adversaries weren't interested in compromise or fair outcomes.

suffolkowner said:
Finally we have someone to counter the Putin's and Erdogan's of the world.
I recommend reading the National Review article cited a few pages back. 

The gist is that Trump would likely seek "a world run by regional great powers with strong men in command"; he would not counter Putin and Erdogan, he would join  them.

suffolkowner said:
I think Trumps a complete idiot and I think that's great.

Then, you may enjoy this,  :)

Dec 18, 2016

Donald Trump’s questionable intelligence: All those false claims about his academic record and derision of others bespeak profound insecurity
http://www.salon.com/2016/12/18/donald-trumps-questionable-intelligence-all-those-false-claims-about-his-academic-record-and-derision-of-others-bespeak-profound-insecurity/
Our president-elect loves to talk about his intellectual gifts and academic success. Shockingly, none of it's true

Donald Trump says he doesn’t need daily intelligence briefings.

“I’m, like, a smart person,” he told Fox News’ Chris Wallace last weekend, explaining why he’ll be the first president since Harry Truman to avoid getting daily updates from intelligence professionals about national security threats.

suffolkowner said:
The next 4 years if he's not assassinated before will be very entertaining.

Trump Tower seems well defended with 200 NYPD officers stationed there 24/7. That doesn't include the Secret Service.
Like anything else, security comes at a cost,

December 18, 2016
NYPD pushes for feds to cover $35M Trump Tower security cost
http://nypost.com/2016/12/18/nypd-pushes-for-feds-to-cover-35m-trump-tower-security-cost/

How do you get past all the Secret Service & the NYPD protecting Trump Tower? Use the tenants entrance.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/woman-trump-tower-24th-floor-psych-evaluation-article-1.2897357

suffolkowner said:
Finally we have someone to counter the Putin's and Erdogan's of the world.

Journeyman said:
The gist is that Trump would likely seek "a world run by regional great powers with strong men in command"; he would not counter Putin and Erdogan, he would join  them.

:)

Attachments

• pt.jpg
    pt.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 68
You know that all your casting about to denigrate the next POTUS and posting herein means FA in the scheme of things. I detest our current PM and his father but have better things to do than fill pages with links.

Take a pill or have a Martini.

If Trump misuses the nuclear codes maybe you will just have the time to post "Told you so" before you disintegrate.

My 2 cents, but I get your diligence. Merry Christmas.

Rifleman62 said:
You know that all your casting about to denigrate the next POTUS and posting herein means FA in the scheme of things ...
Since this is "Radio Chatter," that can be said about anybody's comments about any politician/ideology, including my own.

Folks, not a warning, but an ... aspiration ... from someone smarter WAY than me:
... … let us treat each other, even our political opponents and, yes, even our enemies, with dignity and the elementary level of respect that is everyman’s due. We may fear and detest, even hate ideologies and tyranny and barbaric practices but, underneath everything, we are all human beings, sharing a planet ...
Dare to dream, I know.

And for passionate folks at all ends of the political spectrum, remember ...

Attachments

• all-that-hates.jpg
    all-that-hates.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 66
Rifleman62 said:
You know that all your casting about to denigrate the next POTUS and posting herein means FA in the scheme of things.

These 117 pages, and the 2020 US election thread mean FA in the scheme of things. Most of us can't even vote in US elections.

If you don't like my posts, why not offer an informed, contradictory post, or don't read them?  :)

Rifleman62 said:
I detest our current PM and his father but have better things to do than fill pages with links.

Even in this thread, I do get that impression!  :)

Rifleman62 said:

:)

Attachments

• first.jpg
    first.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 45
Rifleman62 said:
You know that all your casting about to denigrate the next POTUS and posting herein means FA in the scheme of things. I detest our current PM and his father but have better things to do than fill pages with links.

If Trump misuses the nuclear codes maybe you will just have the time to post "Told you so" before you disintegrate.

My 2 cents, but I get your diligence. Merry Christmas.

Maybe Army.ca can take a page out of the US university's book and start handing out Playdough and Colouring books.

I was trying to find a YouTube video of crying SJWs reacting to Trump being elected but I can't pick my favorite one.

Jarnhamar said:
I was trying to find a YouTube video of crying SJWs reacting to Trump being elected but I can't pick my favorite one.

Will this do until you find a favorite?  :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8_7Orhey-g

mariomike:
If you don't like my posts, offer an informed, contradictory post, or don't read them.  :)

It is not that I don't like your posts. Offering an informed, contradictory post will not change your bubble. I read them to stay informed of contradictory opinions. To not read them equates to not being informed of others chain of thoughts. It is just you have a chain and are pedantic, which you are entitle to as I am to point it out.

Look on the bright side, only four/eight more years starting in January then the heavens will unfold with Chelsea Victoria Clinton as the first woman POTUS. ;D

Winding down this administration:
http://nypost.com/2016/12/18/time-to-face-reality-obama-trump-is-going-to-be-president/

Time to face reality, Obama — Trump is going to be president
By Michael Goodwin December 18, 2016 | 9:51am | Updated
Michael Goodwin

So this is how it ends — in a whimper wrapped in self-pity and recriminations. With President Obama on the defensive at his final press conference and Hillary Clinton’s last campaign event resembling a wake, the Democratic Party is limping off the stage and into the political winter.

It was supposed to sit atop the national power pyramid for decades, a new paradigm of liberals, progressives, the young, the old, the unions and blacks, Latinos, Muslims and Asians.

The torch would be passed from Obama to Clinton, a liberal Supreme Court would vastly expand executive power and the regulatory state would enforce climate-change orthodoxy on all industry and elitist dictates on every American. Globalism would be the new patriotism.

But a funny thing happened on the way to one-party dominance: The people who work for a living said no, hell no. Their revolt brings Donald Trump to the White House amid hopes of a revival of the economy and of the American spirit.

Thoroughly beaten, the Dems are at their lowest point in nearly a century. From the White House to Congress to statehouses, they are on the outside looking in.

Their punishment was well-deserved, as demonstrated by Obama and Clinton. Full of excuses and blaming everyone except themselves, their closing acts proved it is time for them to go.

They have nothing new to offer, with their vision of the future limited to larger doses of the same failing medicine and their intolerance for disagreement showing they would never learn from their mistakes. Their bad ideas had run their disastrous course.

Yet instead of analyzing what went wrong and trying to find new organizing principles, party leaders and activists are pointing fingers at the FBI and Russia, and engaging in a mad bid to overturn Trump’s Electoral College victory.

Because they are doomed to fail, we could be witnessing the death throes of the Democratic Party as we know it. With Obama and the Clintons encouraging the attempted theft of an election they lost and failing to denounce intimidation and death threats against Trump electoral voters, most Americans have reason to consider the Dems a dead letter.

Yet the final verdict on 2016 depends on Trump’s performance as president. If he delivers “jobs, jobs, jobs” and peace-through-strength abroad, he will forge a new governing consensus and remake the political landscape.

While it’s too soon to know what exactly Trumpism stands for, it’s clear that many Republican orthodoxies and special-interest debts are being tossed overboard. His cabinet nominees are incredibly accomplished individuals who come to their new jobs without the burdens of past Washington gridlock. If he can attract centrist-minded Dems, some of whom he is courting, Trump has a chance to build a pragmatic coalition that keeps faith with mainstream America.

The obstacles, of course, are many. Much of the Islamic world is on fire and the great powers are moving ever closer to confrontation in Europe and Asia.

Obama leaves office with Russia, Iran and China eating our lunch, with the Chinese theft of a Navy drone a goodbye insult. The unspeakable horror of Syria and the rise of the Islamic State will forever be part of the 44th president’s legacy.

So too will be domestic divisions, which grew more stark and bitter in the last eight years. We are now perilously close to a boil, and that too falls partially on Obama’s shoulders given his fear-mongering about Trump.

Against that dark reality, it is reasonable to worry the nation is on the verge of a crack-up. But there is also a possibility that America is on the verge of a new greatness.

It’s up to Trump. The ultimate outsider and a historic disrupter, he bears some responsibility for the polarization. But victory presents him with an opportunity to make government work for the people, instead of the other way around.

He is off to a great start and must stay focused to avoid falling down the rabbit holes of petty disputes. America needs the change he promised and he needs to commit every ounce of his being into keeping that promise. If he succeeds, so will the nation.

No end to de Blasio’s dishonesty

The hits just keep on coming at Mayor Bill de Blasio, but hold your tea and sympathy. He has only himself to blame.

Twin reports underscore how chronic dishonesty is destroying his mayoralty. First, federal and state grand juries are hearing evidence about his fundraising, meaning he and/or aides could be indicted.

Second, the city’s Campaign Finance Board fined his 2013 campaign nearly $48,000 for violating spending rules. While the penalty is minor given that he raised $10.6 million privately and got nearly $4 million in city matching funds, the details show a chiseler sticking taxpayers with inappropriate costs.

The largest ones were a $116,000 payment to one of his private consultants and $33,000 for a post-election party.

But small ripoffs also reveal his grasping. He tried to bill the campaign $236 for a hotel room in California in 2012, which just happened to be half a mile from his daughter’s college.

And he charged the campaign for a $297 flight to Washington for his son to attend the 47th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech — in 2010, three years before the election.

Defending the indefensible, de Blasio’s campaign said the expenditure was valid because his son, Dante, attended “as a visible manifestation of how the candidate’s life experience was resonant to the spirit of the occasion.”

Such sophistry helps explain why his fate hangs in the hands of the grand juries convened by prosecutors. His fundraising schemes that avoided donor limits may constitute crimes, but the big issue is whether he also sold favors to donors. The answers should come soon.

Until then, if you must shed tears, shed them for the people of New York. Their mayor betrayed them.

The real bias behind the hate hoax

The false report by the Muslim teen who claimed she was attacked by three men shouting “Donald Trump!” was bad enough, but the way the media swallowed the story was another example of sloppy journalism.

Most outlets didn’t attach any skepticism to her claim, treating it as fact even though there were no witnesses to an attack that she said happened on a crowded subway.

Police took her seriously, but now charge her with filing a false report.

The problem from the start was that, for Trump haters, the story fit their prejudice. The teen, Yasmin Seweid, gave them what they wanted, so they embraced it, no questions asked.

Shame on her — and them.

Join the club, Mrs. O

On her way out the door, first lady Michelle Obama tossed off an ungracious remark, saying, “We’re feeling what not having hope feels like.”

Actually, what she’s feeling is what half the country felt for most of the last eight years.
- mod edit to add link to article -

On her way out the door, first lady Michelle Obama tossed off an ungracious remark, saying, “We’re feeling what not having hope feels like.”

Seems on par with her personality.

Considering Mr Obama's 2008 campaign slogan was "Hope", she's factually correct.

While pondering the value of "experience", mull over the fact that a career captain has a lot of "experience", and consider what the political equivalent of a career captain might be.

The actual election is going on as I type this.  Here's a link to follow along:

http://linkis.com/www.270towin.com/84jOA

Also read of one "rogue" elector.  He cast his ballot for John Kasich.  His vote was void and he was replaced.  (I think it's one of the states where rogue votes are discounted.  Wisconsin, maybe?)

So far, Clinton's faced 7 faithless electors to Trump's 0...  Mind you three of them (ME, MI & CO) were forcibly changed back to Clinton, but so far no word on the other 4 from WA.  It sure says something about the Dems' internal divisions.  Can't blame the Russkies, the FBI or the basket of deplorables this time around.

suffolkowner said:
The next 4 years if he's not assassinated before will be very entertaining.

Trump is more likely die from health issues or being impeached.

Either way Pence would take over and then we have an extreme social conservative in charge.

If it does come to pass that enough faithless electors cause Trump to drop below the 270 threshold, and this goes to the House, their choices are limited to the top 3 names that the electors voted for.

That would mean that they third option could be either Sanders or Kasich. The vote is taken based on seach state delegation (senators and representatives) having a single vote. If they vote along party lines, it is quite possible that the vote could be split and the opposite party might gain the White House.

If no one gains the majority of all votes, then it goes to the VP to decide. And we know what that outcome will be.

The chances of any of these scenarios coming to pass is slim to none.

cupper said:
Either way Pence would take over and then we have an extreme social conservative in charge.

I think the use of the word "extreme" is, well, extreme.  But it would be a breath of fresh air, given the extreme social progressives that have been polluting the gene pool lately.

Back