• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Toronto Tailors

dgrayca

Inactive
Reaction score
Any recommendations on Tailors in Toronto for Mess Kits?  (Except for Tony the Tailor).

Thanks in advance.

The London area would be helpful to know as well.

thanks

PV

Did you check out Joe?  Was he any good?  Or did you find someone else?  Please post as I'm also looking.

Thanks.

you had to go to Ruth's Tailor shop in Borden.

Prices were around $1000 for Doe Skin and $850 for synthetic.

Unfortunately, I work a day job and to get to Borden M-F 9-4 is unlikely so I haven't seen any of the work.

Beauchamp in Toronto does a really nice job, but is way expensive at $1700.

http://www.joedrouin.com/ere_mess.htm

Looks liike a list of Andrei Budjoso's associates - the mess kit is actually made in Fredericton at his shop from measurements taken at the listed locations...  Then the final adjustments and finishing are done locally.  My mess kit is from Andrei, and it is of exceptionally adequate quality.  In fact, I was so happy with the tailoring that I'm planning to have them make me some suits.

Yes old thread..but i used the search!

I and few colleagues are looking for mess kit.  Does anyone have an update to this thread? GTA based of course.

Cheers

Piker,

I still have not heard of anything in or around the GTA (doesn't mean their isn't though) aside from a quick jaunt up to Borden.  I bought my mess kit used off of another member of this board some time ago.  I have also heard that somtimes you can get the material you need from your local ASU at your cost, you have to get ahold of the pattern specific to your element and regiment though.  Ask around your unit, where did they get theirs? hope that helps.

cheers

PV

Oh I've asked around.  Alot of the members have lucked out and gone the used route and had the handme down set. 

Think I've got a local (Whitby) tailor tracked down.  I was just curious as it's nice to have a few sources to avoid hassles and confirm pricing..

Cheers

agreed.  Please post your resultts, whatever the outcome with the Whitby tailor, that is still a closer drive for me than Borden (i will need to replace my pants eventually).

cheers

PV

Back