• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED the 1930's 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's !!

First Looney's came out in 1987, that means that most people 20 and under have never seen a 1 dollar bill.

When I was growing up, if we got homesick for the YT, we'd just haul out an old 5 dollar bill and we'd be home again!

And if you survived all the childhood stuff...you still had moms like this:

1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE .
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."

2. My mother taught me RELIGION .
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

4. My mother taught me LOGIC
" Because I said so, that's why."

5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC .
"If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."

6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT .
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

7. My mother taught me IRONY .
"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about."

8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS .
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM
"Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"

10. My mother taught me about STAMINA .
"You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."

11 My mother taught me about WEATHER.
"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."

12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
"If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION .
"Stop acting like your father!"

15. My mother taught me about  ENVY.
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."

16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION
"Just wait until we get home."

17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING
"You are going to get it when you get home!"

18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE .
"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way."

19. My mother taught me ESP .
"Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"

20. My mother taught me HUMOR .
"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me"

21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT .
"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."

22. My mother taught me GENETICS.
"You're just like your father."

2 3. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
"Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"

24. My mother taught me about WISDOM.
"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

And my favorite:

25. My mother taught me about JUSTICE
"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you

Yes, I remember that from my youth.  That's exactly the terms of my upbringing.

bowing.gif
  Did a lot of this to mom too.  She was GOD and that was that!

Or you got....
spank2.gif

And I'm okay and normal...

Regards
:D

Bomber said:
First Looney's came out in 1987, that means that most people 20 and under have never seen a 1 dollar bill.
that's not true I'm 26 and i have 7 $1 bills as well as 2 $2 bills and I used to show them to my kid brother on a regular basis

My Grandmother used to have a lot of the $1 bills, as well as a few $2 bills too.

I wish it was still like the old days, I was born in 1990 and I HATE technology. Id love it if it went back to TV that only had 1 or 2 channels, no internet and lock up all the tree huggers {no offense to all trehuugers out there}. Everything is so complicated, stressed out and everyone is so worrysome now. I just wish I would have been born in the 30's-70's! Or maybe history will repeat itself? lol.

Steve

OK...

for you.. elders...

I don't remember this... must have been before my time.
Please tell me this isn't real.

http://glumbert.com/media/ballbuster

steveyb4342 said:
I wish it was still like the old days, I was born in 1990 and I HATE technology. Id love it if it went back to TV that only had 1 or 2 channels, no internet and lock up all the tree huggers {no offense to all trehuugers out there}. Everything is so complicated, stressed out and everyone is so worrysome now. I just wish I would have been born in the 30's-70's! Or maybe history will repeat itself? lol.

Steve

Why not just move to northern BC? I could recommend a few places that would suit you fine. You'd fit right in as long as you had enough long guns of the right calibre....

hahaha i have many long guns, what calibres you need? lol. The only problem is I love the maritimes lol

Steve

Actually, on second thought, Baffin Island is the place you want to go. I asked one young guy I met how many rifles he had and he said "12... and a few .22s". But he was looking for a new .454 cal Wetherby (or something like that). I asked him why he needed such a large shoulder cannon and he just smiled dreamily and said "Beluga". The previous winter he drove his new snowmobile home from the store in Iqaluit - a trip of about 600 miles. 

Now THAT'S a country pre- X box neanderthals like us could get used to ....

That would be amazing! 600 miles in the Canadian Artic on a snowmobile.....mmmmmmm lol. Personally Im about to start saving up to build a .338 RUM. That will be my biggest caliber right now the highest i go is 8mm mauser. hahahaha beluga hunting, sounds fun lol. Im going shark fishing this summer, thatll do for now lol.

Steve

Trinity said:
OK...

for you.. elders...

I don't remember this... must have been before my time.
Please tell me this isn't real.

http://glumbert.com/media/ballbuster
This person of numerous years does not remember something of that nature ever being under the Christmas tree.  However, I do believe it is a parody just so they can call the woman a ballbuster".  Which was an insult back in the 80's???  Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone?...anyone?...Bueller?

;D 

BYT Driver said:
This person of numerous years does not remember something of that nature ever being under the Christmas tree.  However, I do believe it is a parody just so they can call the woman a ballbuster".  Which was an insult back in the 80's???  Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone?...anyone?...Bueller?
Don't remember that game but do remember a few women who were.......

BYT Driver said:

;D 
Bueller?? Bueller??  :rofl:  I love it!!!!

Actually, I don't think it's real either.  Insult back in the 80's? How about anytime? Of course, some women wouldn't consider it an insult but a compliment!!  ;D

PMedMoe said:
Bueller?? Bueller??  :rofl:  I love it!!!!

Actually, I don't think it's real either.  Insult back in the 80's? How about anytime? Of course, some women wouldn't consider it an insult but a compliment!!  ;D
Compliment or insult anytime???
Was just the 80's way of calling a woman bad or "spatch" without really insulting her sensibilities.  Ane I did know a few ballbusters, either in the wallet or physically and mentally.  Jeesh, you had to get rid of them ones quick.  But, I digress.
The 80's were good to me... ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D
And I don't tell stories out of school...
Later,BYTD :P

Back