• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The brown Temperate Combat Boot (AKA: Mk IV Cbt Boot) - No longer CADPAT

• Thread starter Thread starter petoth
  • Start date Start date
That first link looks and awful lot like the Canadian issue Desert Boots... same colour, materials, even the speed lacing

Since the Canadian issue desert boots are of American origin and manufacture(off the shelf) these new boots are an improvement. The desert boots were just a spin-off of the jungle boots which we also bought from the states. It would be good to have a non-black field boot (not the current desert boot though)

Just an update to those reservist wondering about whether they will ever see CADPAT. My unit will be recieving our issue in 3 weeks....confirmed. Only thing is...if you miss that parade night....you will have to wait months to get it after that.

:)

What unit is that? I think way out west here (Vancouver), it might be a while longer. I know they‘re distributing east to west, so it may take a few more months. Then again, being in an infantry unit, we manage to get things pretty quick. Heck we have our goretex kit, the new wet weather boots and our M203s already, and a lot of people are still waiting for them.

I‘m assuming you‘ve already been sized up for CADPAT, Digger?

I‘m an FNG fresh off BMQ so I haven‘t even been sized up for CADPAT yet... I‘m not expecting to get it for a while. (I‘m not even eligable for the goretex kit until next summer after my 3‘s.. No biggy, though.. I‘ll just (obviously) use the old stuff that until I can get the new stuff)

Combat Medic,
First off, the boots that your talking about ARE United States issue, not ours, we got them from the States as an off the shelf item. The QM calls them Boot, Warm, Weather. Second, they are not technically desert boots. The CF Desert Boot is actually a knock off of the original Hush Puppy desert boot (worn by many high school kids in the late 60‘ early 70‘s). And yes, they are an actual issue item.

I guess its LFCA‘s turn to receive its issue. In my case they will just use the same sizing as my gortex due to the fact that they are the same. However, new guys, (with out gortex) will have to be sized.

I like the new (relish coloured) uniform. I know it takes some time to get use to but I think we finally look like modern soldiers instead of something out of the Vietnam war. We did some testing (just for fun) during CAC this summer. We had 2 guys hide in the woods in the same general area....one with CADPAT one with the old combats. CADPAT blends into the back ground much better. I also think the fact that the US Marines are using basically the same pattern (slight differences) is a further endorsment of its effectiveness. I think the BIG question will be in durablitly.

:cool:

I‘m hearing rumours that the CADPAT fray easier and don‘t breath as well. Any truth to this?

I have not heard that. The only thing I have heard is that they fade fast. I will let you know. I saw them being tested in Pet back in 1999. So I hope they addressed some of those bugs. I guess every new thing will have its good and bad points.

To the issue about the fading, it‘s totally true, however, the ones being issued are colored differently and the problem is solved. On the matter of durability well, first off, you can‘t burn those threads anymore, you gotta cut them. This is so because many users came back with a burnt uniform. I still burn them but I make sure i‘m extra carefull...If you aren‘t an idiot, you shouldn‘t burn it. Also, (this is just the way I experience it), I think it‘s a little heavier than the previous, and it‘s certainly hotter too.
We should get a field exercice any weekend soon so I may be able to comment on durability vs wood, dirt, rocks, etc...
Still, even with those problems (durability, weight, hotter), after wearing them a bit, I still think it‘s better than the previous. Like the guy who wrote just before said, you can be suprised at how well you blend into woodland and you just appear hazier in general, wherever you stand.

Sure the pattern is great, it works. The material is crap, it tears too easily. It still fades a lot but that‘s to be expected. The quality of the overall worksmanship is also total garbage. Just like the gortex which comes apart at the seams all the time. This equipment was made just to look pretty, but for god‘s sake, don‘t actually use it!

The Cadpat sucks, it doesn‘t dry well. the Cadpat made in Montreal Fades, the stuff from Winnipeg is more fade prove.
As for the Cadpat boots its to brake up the feet. Like the gloves we‘ ll get, and more damn gortex. The Desert Boot is American, but is made in Quebec. They are a Boot, Recce guy your thinking about the Desert shoes we had in Cyprus and my Dad was issued with those Combat Shorts. We got ride of the jungle boots and when with the desert boot, why we bought too many on a contract for Somalia.

Before this turns into another War Diary he said, they said based upon hearsay and what not.

The new USMC is nothing like our US issue jungle (green, black and desert) boots of so called Somalia fame. The desert boots initially where mass bought for the Gulf War, not Somalia, but found their way into Canadian troops hearts tour over (still got all 6 pr. of mine).

The USMC kit is produced by none other than the Cove Shoe Company, aka-Matterhorn. For those with some TI, these are similar to the Fort Lewis and Acadia boots that Danner put out.

The USMC boot is similar in design to the Acadia‘s by Danner.

:cdn:

Wow...this is frustrating. What do they do when they trial these items. Who are these people that did the testing.....NDHQ types. I would think that if the uniform does not dry quick, that would be a big strike against it....with the proper feedback something should have been done. That is the same for durablity...surely during the testing this was noticed. Maybe the companies biding on the contracts suppled great, high quality samples to get the buisness, then reverted to their normal low quality production standards....i am just guessing here, but I thought these problems would be on the top on the list of "don‘t wants"

:mg:

As far as when people are getting it, my unit 26 Service Battalion in North Bay, On. are gettign our official issue on Oct 10th 2002. There are some stipulations that you have to be QL3 qualified or have enough time in with the unit. Question is what qualifies as enough time. I‘ll post again after it‘s issued and let you all know how it goes. As well we were all told to bring in our old OD combats (2pair) and exchange them for 3 pairs of CADPAT combats.

Stay tuned ....

I hope they make cadpat boots more durable then the new goretex wet weather boot. Kick something hard with the bottom of your foot (heel) and your crack the rubber seal around the boot making a hole exposing the insides of the soles. It also crushes the heel support at the back of the boot and when you try to walk it will dig into your foot.

I promised an update.

CADPAT was issued to my unit this week. I would say only 1/3 received their issue. Sadly...I did not. We have to wait until later in the year and go in on our own.
:eek:

Personally, I‘m not gonna hold my breath..
Res FNG, boo-yah, high on the list of priorities.. :)

At least my OD combats where new when I got them..

Back