• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

tactical vest

• Thread starter Thread starter joe
  • Start date Start date
Ahh I see, well colour me stupid! :blotto:

Well its good to hear that the army is a least realizing to a certain degree that the TV is a POS.

I think that the best thing to do would be to leave the Tac Vest for non combat arms trades and give the combat arms an upgraded system.

paracowboy said:
yes, we are. Or rather, a sub-unit is.

I've heard alot of talk, but nothing concrete myself, but then again that's a troop on the bottom of the food chain speaking.

Most NCO's in my platoon are saying I shouldn't hold my breath about a new tac-vest for the tour, or Eotech's and heavy barrel C8's for that matter. Looks like I'll have to buy one out of pocket, along with gear to carry 40mm grenades.

Just makes seeing all the tankers and MP's at CMTC with FTHB's and Eotech's more of a kick in the teeth I suppose!

Greg, order a 40mm belt from Tactical Tailor now.  Email www.davesarmysurplus.com if you don't see it on the site.  Your section will likely get 2x C8FTHB and if they are smart they will give them to the m203's like our chain did.  I got a loaner prototype  belt from icetactical but I haven't sent it back with feedback yet  so I don't know if they are a production item yet.

Greg you will get C8HB's and EOTECH's for sure in theater in fact some may be in the system for use before deplyment. You yourself might not get either but you will for certain see them in your section and PL.

Greg,

your chain seems to think they have to take everything in Bn with them into theatre. They seem to have forgotten that the Brigade has raped itself over the past 3 years to send everything into theatre. It's all there. But, they want to take a Battle Group's worth of kit over with them, even though there is more than a Battle Group's worth already there. They're killin' me.

The vests/chest rigs aren't expected until December. That was right from the manufacturer. They need 'x' amount of time to prepare the order, after receiving it. Again, your chain expected the kit to be shipped and in Bn the day after the CLS cut the order.

sorry...but I'm slightly confused about which tac/lbvs we're talking about here. Does anyone have a picture of sorts?

paracowboy said:
Greg,

your chain seems to think they have to take everything in Bn with them into theatre. They seem to have forgotten that the Brigade has raped itself over the past 3 years to send everything into theatre. It's all there. But, they want to take a Battle Group's worth of kit over with them, even though there is more than a Battle Group's worth already there. They're killin' me.

The vests/chest rigs aren't expected until December. That was right from the manufacturer. They need 'x' amount of time to prepare the order, after receiving it. Again, your chain expected the kit to be shipped and in Bn the day after the CLS cut the order.

Interesting points Para, thanks for the heads up re the expected delivery date. I can't comment on any of your other points as I'm still a newcomer to Charlie, but at least I have some idea of a time frame for the new LBV. I'll hold out on purchasing the chest rig I had in mind for now, but if an issued rig isn't in my hands by mid January I'll have to start looking for something else. If nothing else is concrete, this is: I am not going to Afghanistan with the Tac-Vest!!

As for what rig we can be expected to have in our hot little hands for deployment, I've heard of a few different models so I won't bother to speculate.

I have heard that you guys are getting the Arktis Sigma vest. As well as a C9 and M203 version, I believe. On their website they have a Minimi vest and the Sigma. Looks ok, probably better than the TV that's for sure.

An improvement but it's still legacy kit as its not Molle compatible.  Why not just buy a molle compatible chest rig system and molle C9 pouches/TT M203 Bandolier, instead of buying 3 different vest systems, of course that might make sense.

Common sence would have them talk to Pacific Safety Products....

A Canadian company.

What gets me with all this discussion is everybody wants to pay the big bucks to have something they think is the best out there.  There is alot of us little guys who can make a comparible piece of kit for alot better price than what is being paid.  My buddy and I made lots of chest rigs and pouches for the guys currently on tour for alot less than what others would charge them.  Here in Petawawa we are known to the troops but some of the units still insist on paying the big bucks to American companies.

-- the problem with the little guy is deliverability for larger scale purchases...'

MOC 606 - Sewing!!

Grannies unite and fight the good fight!

Sewing Machine inspections at 07:00! Murder She Wrote viewing at 20:00. Don't miss your timings!

Recruiting numbers starting at around 500.

True

part of the problem as well is the leadership really doesn't know what they want and the troops are spending their own money... we outfitted a good 75 people with chest rigs and all the pouches in about two months and are still sending stuff over as they call back for it or come see us on leave...even the big guys are have a harder time providing as with iraq in full swing they do not have stock and are manufacturing as quick as they can

westie47 said:
I have heard that you guys are getting the Arktis Sigma vest. As well as a C9 and M203 version, I believe. On their website they have a Minimi vest and the Sigma. Looks ok, probably better than the TV that's for sure.

That is what was asked for....

Infidel-6 said:
Common sence would have them talk to Pacific Safety Products....

A Canadian company.

Got some of their products around the office now, pretty friggin swanky.  But from the people that trialed it, it isn't the end all in Load Carriage options.  Still light years ahead of current, imagine, two seprerate systems, that mesh perectly into one.

I doubt anyone will ever be completely happy until every troop is issued thier own LAV 3 augmented with a CV90 (all variants), and a potato sack to carry any extra ammo that doesn't fit in those Load Carrying items.

Nobody will ever be completely satisfied and I am still getting requests to make different stuff.  All great if I can make 20 or 30 but really not worth my while to make 1 of something and spend 20 hours trying to design somebody's idea of the perfect rig.

Saying that I look at some of the stuff out there and you need a degree to figurew out what all the straps and buckles are for...better to keep it simple and functional

Greg,

I ran down to your Coy lines with the latest poop. It should have trickled to you by now. If not, come on up to my Office.

Botom line, DLR is being stupid (as DLR is known to do). Figure 5 - 7 weeks from today for delivery. (I'd say more like 6 - 12, personally, knowing DLR as I do.) So, do the math, and figure out for yourself what you want to do.

Back