• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sports in the CF, or rather lack thereof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggoals2bdone said:
You can call it whatever you want, its the reality of the situation, i've brought it up to the LT, in a smart thought out way, and she didn't quite shoot me down, but it was kind of like, ok leave me alone i'll take care of it and do what i want.

So, what you did was tell the Lieutenant that you had a better idea for PT, but you were going to leave it to her to do the research, writing and justification to put it into practice.  You were going to leave it to her to do all the work to sell the chain of command on letting her try it - if she chose to add all of that to her current workload

It's funny how nothing "kills" an idea faster than suggesting that the presenter of the idea actually do some of the groundwork and writing to build a plan of action.

That is why the "good idea bus" doesn't go anywhere, because the people riding the bus just want to toss out the ideas, and expect someone else to do the work to build a case for actioning them.

Michael O'Leary said:
That is why the "good idea bus" doesn't go anywhere, because the people riding the bus just want to toss out the ideas, and expect someone else to do the work to build a case for actioning them.

Exactly.

Ding, ding! Let us off at the next stop. Someone else will have to drive this bus ;) ;D

Hey Mike...good job assuming facts not in evidence...i'll let you remember what happens when you ASSume.

What do you know I never just DUMPED it on the LT, as you imagine, she actually mentioned wanting my input in planning out the PT, since i've been into fitness so long and what not. So we were shooting the shit one afternoon, and I brought some ideas, which I mentioned I was just fleshing out, and would present more formally, and I basically got the wave off, and told she was already planning stuff, and basically didn't really need my input.

so next time before you go snubbing your nose at people...and making up the story of how things went in your mind...ASK, you'll look a lot less silly in the end.

AND if you would have taken the time to read things in this thread, i FULLY said i'd be glad to write up a few different ideas for training plans, hell I already have started, so again before you go labeling me as someone who wants things done but just wants to toss out ideas...edu-macate yourself on the situation.

Biggoals2bdone said:
Hey Mike...good job assuming facts not in evidence...i'll let you remember what happens when you ASSume.

What do you know I never just DUMPED it on the LT, as you imagine, she actually mentioned wanting my input in planning out the PT, since i've been into fitness so long and what not. So we were shooting the shit one afternoon, and I brought some ideas, which I mentioned I was just fleshing out, and would present more formally, and I basically got the wave off, and told she was already planning stuff, and basically didn't really need my input.

so next time before you go snubbing your nose at people...and making up the story of how things went in your mind...ASK, you'll look a lot less silly in the end.

AND if you would have taken the time to read things in this thread, i FULLY said i'd be glad to write up a few different ideas for training plans, hell I already have started, so again before you go labeling me as someone who wants things done but just wants to toss out ideas...edu-macate yourself on the situation.

So, rather than be the tough guy in the gym, let us know how you made out a year from now.

If things were misconstrued it was because of a lack of clarity. It behooves anyone posting on the internet to be very specific and clear. Readers can't be condemned because the poster wasn't coherent and complete.

Biggoals2bdone said:

What do you know I never just DUMPED it on the LT, as you imagine, she actually mentioned wanting my input in planning out the PT, since i've been into fitness so long and what not. So we were shooting the crap one afternoon, and I brought some ideas, which I mentioned I was just fleshing out, and would present more formally, and I basically got the wave off, and told she was already planning stuff, and basically didn't really need my input.

Funny how the facts come out after you get challenged.  Try presenting a complete case at the start to minimize the possibility that you might be only taken for the information you offer.

1. I don't know what the whole tough guy comment was about, you guys are the ones, started the assumptions and basically putting me down, didn't know not putting up with other people's crap and wrong assumptions meant i'm a tough guy, or is that because I think there's more to PT then running?

2. I love the old boys club on here, quick to defend each other no matter what, and also quick to jump on younger troops backs.  I didn't write out the long version of all the accounts, because I didn't think I needed to, I thought something more streamlined for the purposes of discussion was enough, and that I didn't need to break it down so much, but yet again the fabulous milnet crew proved me wrong, by as always, jumping the gun, shifting blame back onto the poster,  and giving their usual schpeal.

Thanks to all the people who had constructive comments, i'm pretty much done with this topic.  The mods can lock this if they want...we've totally gotten off topic, as usual, its gone from sports and/or pt (the issue) to something or someone else.

P.S Mike, like I said if you would have read earlier posts of mine (in this thread) you would have known the situation was not as you put it, you read one post, and came to your conclusions, so don't blame me for not getting enough of the story to come to a more appropriate conclusion

Did you talk with your peers and IC about it too?

If you have them to back you up, you might be taken more seriously. 

Best of luck and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back