• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So you're posted to a NAVY base and you're ARMY.

The Librarian said:
Ah...so you're still just posing now then?

:rofl:

Boy, this thread will get really good when you switch over....Navy girl at heart that's serving with the Air Force talking about Army guys posted to naval institutions.

Yep, I'm a poser.  AF wanna be, in a posting slump, counting the days!  Spending too much time in those "institutions" you talk about!!

rmacqueen said:
This is the defender of the Navy? ;D

Defender, eh?  Do I get spec pay for that??

navymich said:
Defender, eh?  Do I get spec pay for that??
Nope, black tights and a cape with an anchor on it (insert superhero smilie)

rmacqueen said:
Nope, black tights and a cape with an anchor on it (insert superhero smilie)

Hey Vern, can I borrow your high-heeled black leather boots for my new ensemble??  I think I may need some more points to put this all together too.

navymich said:
Hey Vern, can I borrow your high-heeled black leather boots for my new ensemble??  I think I may need some more points to put this all together too.
Well, you'll also be needing some of my army kit to go with them!!

Pretty much hijacked here I'd say.

Hijacked?  naaa.  TN2IC taunted me into replying when he started the thread.  That gives me rights, doesn't it?  Besides, we're still talking about Navy and Army....kinda.... ::)

kincanucks said:
So your (what? ***?) was posted to a NAVY base and your ARMY did what?

How about "So you are posted to a NAVY base and you are ARMY."

I'm sorry... I am not so great in English. Grade 10 for me.

navymich said:
Hijacked?  naaa.  TN2IC taunted me into replying when he started the thread.  That gives me rights, doesn't it?  Besides, we're still talking about Navy and Army....kinda.... ::)

Power to you girl...

I had the pleasure of working with a bunch of different Army folks lately (SCF ITEE).

The funniest thing I've seen in a while was how excited a couple of them got when told they were were going to be on one of the ships for a "Fast Cruise".

It took me a few minutes to figure out that they thought the ship was going to sea for a speed trial. The term "Fast Cruise" is used for an exercise simulating events at sea while the ship is tied "fast" to the jetty. You don't go anywhere at all!

As pointed out by the original poster, the Navy has a whole different language  ;D  

Thank you... Arug.... I am now craving soup... what ship should I visit tomorrow?

TN2IC said:
Thank you... Arug.... I am now craving soup... what ship should I visit tomorrow?

Amazing how used to it you get, isn't it? After being on the ships for 4 years and then going ashore, it took awhile before my stomach stopped grumbling at 1000.  The Chief Cook on my last ship made all of his soups from scratch.  Mmmmm, now I want soup too!

navymich said:
Amazing how used to it you get, isn't it? After being on the ships for 4 years and then going ashore, it took awhile before my stomach stopped grumbling at 1000.  The Chief Cook on my last ship made all of his soups from scratch.  Mmmmm, now I want soup too!
Sheesh, you guys are pathetic.  Just wait Mich, once you are Air Force you have the BMS to look forward to.

Please PM me with invites to which ever ships in port.

I'm West Coast (aka Left or Best Coast).  When can I expect you TN2IC??

BMS = Between Meal Supplements.

Kind of like the little pack of chiclets or the chocloate bars we Army folks get in our IMPs...only better. Much better, and a daily ritual. Kind of like the daily soup on the ships.

Back