• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

So you're posted to a NAVY base and you're ARMY.

Not trying to hijack, but im a Navy guy at a ARMY base.

- Saluting indoors
- No "stand ease" at 1000
- No "sliders"...ever..
- Wearing of cadpat is way easier and u dont have to iron
- I have never worn my barrey this much in my carreer.
- No saluting in the field....sniper check!!

That is just to name a few

You all forgot about moosemilk a great naval tradition!

1.14 litre dark rum
1.14 litre Kahlua
1.14 litre vodka
4 litres of vanilla soft scoop ice cream
4 litres of partly skimmed milk (have to be health conscience)

Mix gently until frothy with still a few ice cream lumps. Liberally sprinkle nutmeg over top. Enjoy and give vehicle keys to a party staying sober.

Halifax Tar said:
You all forgot about moosemilk a great naval tradition!

1.14 litre dark rum
1.14 litre Kahlua
1.14 litre vodka
4 litres of vanilla soft scoop ice cream
4 litres of partly skimmed milk (have to be health conscience)

Mix gently until frothy with still a few ice cream lumps. Liberally sprinkle nutmeg over top. Enjoy and give vehicle keys to a party staying sober.

Love that stuff.  We had to make 5 or 6 batches this year for the RIMPAC close-out party. We didnt even have time to make the first one before the folks from the USN and RAAF were lining up for some !!!

Thanks HT for (someone) finally giving out the recipe for moose milk.  The only question I have is, does it have to be all 1.14lt or can you downgrade it some?  To say 1/2 a liter?
Cheers and Meery Merry Mary Christmas.

BYT Driver said:
Thanks HT for (someone) finally giving out the recipe for moose milk.  The only question I have is, does it have to be all 1.14lt or can you downgrade it some?   To say 1/2 a liter?
Cheers and Meery Merry Mary Christmas.

Finally?  Guess you missed this post: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/52808/post-481900.html#msg481900

And if you can't handle it with the 40oz, then get outta the navy.  ;D  Yes, you can half the recipe, or mix it to suit your own needs.  But I strongly suggest you make it at least once as the recipe says and then modify after that.  Trust me, you won't want to!!

Sorry mich, I didn't catch the holiday recipe thread. Thanks.

Today I was on the Ville de Quebec.. soup time... I banged my head so many times. I didn't want to work anymore...  ;D Head was thumping...

TN2IC said:
Head was thumping...

Sounds like something might be wrong with it.  Did you get ahold of an engineer?  They work wonders with that kind of stuff..... ;)

Sounds like something to do with the pipes in the heads.  ;D

rmacqueen said:
Saluting in the field is how an officer finds out if he is liked or not ;D

Thank God I'm liked... and I guess I wont have to worry about that too much when I swtich over to the trade that doesnt salute too much  :D

Sr. Service, man was walking around on land beating each other with clubs long before we had even thought of canoes.

Actually if you want to get really technical mamals came from creatures that came out of the sea and grew legs, so reall submariners are the senior service

Halifax Tar said:
Actually if you want to get really technical mamals came from creatures that came out of the sea and grew legs, so reall submariners are the senior service

LOL good one.
But I already knew there had to be some sort of primordeal ooze when making a sailor, or do stokers only qualify for that prehistroy level.

BTW My dad was a sailor so I always knew they were dinosaurs. (LOL)

hahahaha were prehistory all right!

100 years of tradition unimpeded by progress!  ;D

CDN Aviator said:
Love that stuff.  We had to make 5 or 6 batches this year for the RIMPAC close-out party. We didnt even have time to make the first one before the folks from the USN and RAAF were lining up for some !!!

Between the Moose Milk and the shots of Bundeburg Rum served at the Aussie Booth, it was a pretty good party...

Back