• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sig Sauer P226?

You are funny Wonder Bread...

You got one group right anyway, Though I hadn't thought of the CP guys I assume though I haven't not shot with any that they are pretty good, But I don't know if they would use the 226 or the issue MP Sig...Food for thought anyway.

I don't count HUMINT in the groups of shooters with the same trigger time and training s the CANSOF hitters and their like.

Personally IMHO the CF is getting pretty shitty return on investment from sending people to BW...

Infidel-6 said:
Personally IMHO the CF is getting pretty shitty return on investment from sending people to BW...

Are you basing your personal opinion on any specific information?

Oh I am sure I6 has first hand accounts of both places, so first hand I am sure he has plunk more rounds at both facilites then many have fired off in careers

cpinfo said:
Are you basing your personal opinion on any specific information?

Yes.

Piss poor shooting and skills coming out of BW recently into the CF.

Secondly - given my knowledge of the BW incdient at Massoud Square in Baghdad - I would say it is a PR disaster to stay with them, and the fact Mid-South gave us a better product.

Granted most won't understand the different in the skill levels directed.

Stoker said:
Generally how many mags do a MP usually carry? If its like us in the Navy we carry 3 mags for a total 24 rounds, is that enough to take care of a potentially hazardous situation?
We carry 3 mags with one up the spout for 25 total.  Is this enough?  Good question and one I certainly don't have the hard answer to.  If we did go to another weapon which had double stack vice single stack mags, I wouldn't complain though.  The single question of mag capacity isn't what is driving the look at a new weapon though, there are other issues at play such as grip size, moving to a common weapon etc.

The last force I was with before I joined the branch, we used the Glock 17.  It has a 17 round mag cap and is light.  I dunno, I prefered the GLock over these Sigs.  Just my personnel preference.

And whoever was saying that you shouldn't need more then 9 rounds.  It happens that you do and when it comes down to it.  I'd rather have bullets left over then to run out.

Sig now makes 2 polymer pistols that reduces the weight in around the Glock range. The Glock's main drawback for large issue is the lack of interchangeable grip, the SF version helps but they need to deal with this issue soon.

Back