• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

reserve basic training difficulties

Island Ryhno said:
I aced the sex test also Danjanou, must be all that hard tack and bakeapple jam we ate growing up.   ;D
I performed average...Except for mastubation. I got an A grade in that. ;D

Pte. Gaisford said:

Has someone spent long periods of time alone recently?  ;D Sorry...I had to comment.

Pte. Gaisford said:

All soldiers are required to achieve that grade, so don't think you're special.... :blotto:

Pte. Gaisford said:
Are you offering to rectify... errr...'fix' that? ;)

Sounds like it might be too much work on my part....

Island Ryhno said:
I aced the sex test also Danjanou, must be all that hard tack and bakeapple jam we ate growing up.  ;D

Never ate it. Remember I'm a Torontonian who went to Nfld to get work (hey maybe that test is right and I am friggin retarded).

Did get a fair bit of practical work though at the Breezeway and George St. though

As mod I guess I should be locking this thread as it's gone way off topic before Darth Infanteer gets medieval on me (love mixing my pop movie metaphors for sh!ts and giggles), however considering the original intent of this thread, off topic is a marked improvement.

Well off to study for that urine test at work tommorrow.

Pte. Gaisford said:
OUCH! :-[ OK, I suppose I asked for that.

I guess I might have been a little too hard on you.. Can you ever forgive me?  :(

Between the t-shirt thread, this one and the thread about military uniforms picking-up the ladies, I think I laughed enough today. ;D

Card_11 said:
I guess I might have been a little too hard on you.. Can you ever forgive me?   :(
I really don't mind you making things on me hard. Damn Ummmmm...I mean "making things hard on me", freudian slip or something like that.

Pte. Gaisford said:
I really don't mind you making things on me hard. darn Ummmmm...I mean "making things hard on me", freudian slip or something like that.

Well being a female it is in my nature to have that effect... as for the "hard" comment, well you have already stated that your great at taking care of that yourself!  ;D So where is this need for me?  ;)

[begin sarcastic tone of voice]

People stop it and get back on the topic at hand

[end sarcasm]

or shoud i say "in hand"  ?

Card_11 said:
Well being a female it is in my nature to have that effect... as for the "hard" comment, well you have already stated that your great at taking care of that yourself!   ;D So where is this need for me?   ;)

Maybe if my IQ were higher I wouldn't keep getting outsmarted here...

im goin to basic and maybe sq this summer and i was wondering if knee pads and elbow pads would be helpful and bring a other knife or just stick with the gerber.

thanks

Pte. Gaisford said:
Maybe if my IQ were higher I wouldn't keep getting outsmarted here...

Again, I am not too sure how I can help you. Maybe if there is an actual task I could assist with.  ;)

the sexual innuendo is tainting my otherwise snow pure mind

Brendo_51 said:
im goin to basic and maybe sq this summer and i was wondering if knee pads and elbow pads would be helpful and bring a other knife or just stick with the gerber.

thanks

Someone please answer this poor kids question.

I'd try but the image of kneepads and Gaisford just sent me into another coffee spewing all over the keyboard laughing fit. :o

Honestly, I think we as a community go too far out of our way to reveal all the tricks in basic training.

Look kids, I'm definetly not the sharpest tool in the shed, and I made it through my course without any fancy kit/kitchenware or special preperation (just remember to salute the Colonel on the grad parade.
duh.gif
). If you can't get through what passes for basic training today, you are probably mentally deficient and otherwise not suited for a career in the CF, in which case you'll be glad you stopped as early as you did. Either way, there's not much you can do about it, so console yourself in the fact that 99% of folks do pass with no problems and hope you're not in the 1% that doesn't.

Danjanou said:
Someone please answer this poor kids question.

I'd try but the image of kneepads and Gaisford just sent me into another coffee spewing all over the keyboard laughing fit. :o

Well congradulations, I almost choked and died after seeing this...

You can read into that however you want  :P.

On an unfortunate note, this should probably end before some sort of line is crossed.

Brendo_51 said:

thanks
    Relax buddy, once we teach you to use a knife properly, you never need knee pads again.  Unless your into that sort of thing, whatever works for you  ;D.  Don't bring anything on basic that is either more candy-ass or more hard-core than the issue kit; you really don't want your buddies or the NCO's to take you for a poser.  Once you survive basic, and get your trade, then you can check with some of your brothers from the regiment (wherever you land), over what to get to live the good life in the field.  I don't think you'll find a trained Pte or Cpl that hits the field with only issue kit, but if a recruit shows up all tricked out, he usually gets ridden pretty hard (even for a newbie).

Back