• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re Photo Submission Brit Girl I'm with Stupid T-shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry Che. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my last post. I meant no disrespect to sheeps (or sheeple), 'holy' people, circus folk/carnies, hotties, hotties wearing t-shirts, hotties not wearing t-shirts, non-hotties, non-hotties wearing t-shirts, non-hotties not wearing t-shirts who happen to be Holy Carnies, or any combonation of these.  

My sincerest appologies (ok, not so sincere).

Great discussion guys, seriously.

I admit, I whipped the photo down quickly after one complaint in part because it was the "easy" thing to do, and partly because it's the "right" thing to do. But I also did it to make a point. There is nothing in it for me to "fight the battle" and keep the photo up, funny or not, offensive or not.

I guarantee you that had I left it up there would *not* be 3 pages of "way to go" posts. In fact it would likely turn into a discussion of how Army.ca has lost the way and is allowing anti-American sentiment from the media to shape it's standpoint. As the sole person making the thumbs up/down decision, I'd be responsible for defending the legitimacy of the photo and why it's "good" and not "bad" for Army.ca to keep it.

But boy, take something down that (honestly) nobody cares about, and you get three pages of people screaming censorship, and worried about what's next.

It's good to see people taking such a strong interest in the content here. Hopefully we'll see the same people come out proactively next time. ;)

A wise signature Mike.  Every second that passes by is a second closer to the day you'll die. Never let the time just fly.

Man, how much closer we've gotten just reading this thread....

hottie hottie boom bo lottie

Caesar said:
Could you please use that in a sentence?

It's actually a ritualistic chant constantly repeated by mods when they dance around the fire during Banishment Ceremony's. While they do hold hands during the ceremony, they are also careful not to wear any t-shirts that may offend the Great Gods of Khaki.

There were rumours of sacrificial virgins, but due to a change in the laws, several dozen cans of beer are now thrown [empty] into the fire pit.

I should also add to whiskey's post that I refused to be sacrificed and infanteer wasn't around at the time so logistics also demanded we switch to beer cans.

TCBF said:
Been gone a week.   Looks like I didn't miss much.... ;D

Tom

I spent 45 minutes cooking and eating my supper....

"Holy opinion Batman",

"Thats right Robin seems like we're stuck in a multi-page debate that goes on and on and on....."

Che said:
vas deferens
uvula
angina

So no biology talk allowed here?  ;) I was thinkin of starting up a debate on why we should call it ductus deferens instead of vas deferens.  ;)

5 D-Day beaches two american two british and one canadian. yes you helped but the british and we Canadians helped out to. The British managed to capture the same number of beaches as the americans. Plus look at some history texts the brithish had prepared for an invasion by the Nazis since the begining of the war. :cdn:

van Gemeren said:
"Thats right Robin seems like we're stuck in a multi-page debate that goes on and on and on....."

Not any more. I would no more tell Mike how or what to do with his site, than I would walk into his house and tell him to get rid of his furniture, because I didn't like it. It's his to do as he wishes.

Locked.

Well I didn't check Army.ca until today and saw that the thread was locked otherwise I would have added this post there. I didn't realize my post about the Brit T-shirt would cause such a ruckus. I really don't know what's more pathetic: one, that the DS would actually take down the picture because I made a smartass comment about it; or two, the overblown reaction by some of the people on this site. My gawd people everyone knows the reason the Brits and the rest of that Euro-trash isn't speaking German today is because of the US. KIDDING. J

Jumper said:
Well I didn't check Army.ca until today and saw that the thread was locked otherwise I would have added this post there. I didn't realize my post about the Brit T-shirt would cause such a ruckus. I really don't know what's more pathetic: one, that the DS would actually take down the picture because I made a smartass comment about it; or two, the overblown reaction by some of the people on this site. My gawd people everyone knows the reason the Brits and the rest of that Euro-trash isn't speaking German today is because of the US. KIDDING. J

Enough of you humourless posts...please.

Jumper,

What was the outcome you were looking for with your original post? If you're not prepared to live with the consequence of making smart-ass comments, consider not making them.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Jumper,

What was the outcome you were looking for with your original post? If you're not prepared to live with the consequence of making smart-*** comments, consider not making them.

I wasn't looking for any "outcome" at all. And I didn't realize that was a qualifier for making a post on this site. However in the future I will refrain from making any comments on funny t-shirts...

Well since we're all hunky dory now, can we get the pic up again? I thought I had saved it, but I guess not. Otherwise I would have linked it myself.

I wasn't looking for any "outcome" at all. And I didn't realize that was a qualifier for making a post on this site. However in the future I will refrain from making any comments on funny t-shirts...

You obviously excelled in "Sh*t disturbing 101".

The Site owner has the final word on ANYTHING that appears on his site. That's the bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back