• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PMJT: The First 100 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
cavalryman said:
This is what my Scrabble app threw up this afternoon.  Should I take this as a message from above/beyond/below?

Exchange all seven tiles. Only chance you'll get for the next five years  :P

I mentioned it before ~ a certain "tone deafness," regarding Canadian victims. Now, according to Andrew Coyne in the National Post, he's displayed it again: this time an unnecessary, ill mannered "cheap shot" at his predecessor and a misstatement (misunderstanding?) of the nature of Canada's economy.

As we hover around the 85/100 day mark I find that my old, old assessment of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau remains: he lacks "bottom," as the Brits call it. Lack of bottom is more than just too little social or intellectual gravitas, it's the whole package, the man and his judgement, that is weak.

He's nice, he's handsome, he has a charming wife and family, a brilliant smile and great hair, he's charismatic ... he's a bona fide celebrity, but does that make him ready to lead a G7 country in difficult times? No, not in my estimation.

I'm sorry, 40% of Canadian voters ... you fell for one of the oldest sales tricks in the book, you bought the sizzle, not the steak.

steaksizzle.jpg

A good analysis from Terry Milewski who is critical of the PM's performance, but what I really enjoyed was the commentary video from Rex Murphy, further down the page.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/isis-bombing-cf-18s-trudeau-milewskie-1.3416472

I was on my wife's iPad Mini. It seems devices display content differently(iPhone/Samsung S5)

Last night the CBC politics page had 15 articles of which eight were favorable with smiling photos of the PM. The "best" one was him leaning on a podium with his natural crap eating grin. Upchuck.

Sorry, just can't stand him. Anyway he is just the front man. I enjoyed that it was reported that a lady hung up on the phone call from him and said it was a canned speech.

Rant.

E.R. Campbell said:
I mentioned it before ~ a certain "tone deafness," regarding Canadian victims. Now, according to Andrew Coyne in the National Post, he's displayed it again: this time an unnecessary, ill mannered "cheap shot" at his predecessor and a misstatement (misunderstanding?) of the nature of Canada's economy.

As we hover around the 85/100 day mark I find that my old, old assessment of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau remains: he lacks "bottom," as the Brits call it. Lack of bottom is more than just too little social or intellectual gravitas, it's the whole package, the man and his judgement, that is weak.

He's nice, he's handsome, he has a charming wife and family, a brilliant smile and great hair, he's charismatic ... he's a bona fide celebrity, but does that make him ready to lead a G7 country in difficult times? No, not in my estimation.

I'm sorry, 40% of Canadian voters ... you fell for one of the oldest sales tricks in the book, you bought the sizzle, not the steak.

steaksizzle.jpg

“We’re going to move this place around,” Trudeau says. “This is very much the last guy’s style, not mine. I’ll have a smaller desk in the corner and a bigger couch so we can sit down and actually have discussions. I’ll put a reclining seat over there, for me to read.”

Justin Trudeau as quoted in the Australian.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/inquirer/its-trudeaus-canada-once-again-justin-trudeau-makes-his-mark/news-story/622ba2290b2291ae8747c7019d5faa6d

Conversation and Reading prioritized over Working.

That's bizarre, now I'm locked out.

Apparently it was reprinted in the Australian but was originally a NY Times article.  Try this link?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/13/magazine/trudeaus-canada-again.html?_r=0

Wow, after reading that puff piece, I believe they need to get a room.
:boke:

jollyjacktar said:

Now, now, JJT.  Is that anyway to show respect for your Natural Governing Boss?

cavalryman said:
This is what my Scrabble app threw up this afternoon.  Should I take this as a message from above/beyond/below?

Not worth very much a T-R-U-D-E-A-U is, isn't it: 8 points. You'd better use it in a place where it counts double or triple (Events, Dear boy. Events) if you want to score.  ;)

You're much better with a H-A-R-P-E-R, or even a C-L-A-R-K = both worth 11 points.

Or even better, a M-U-L-R-O-N-E-Y or a (god forbid) C-H-R-E-T-I-E-N = Bothe scoring you high at 13 points  ;D 

jollyjacktar said:

A safe room? I'd hate for reality to intrude and "trigger" them..... >:D

Thucydides said:
A safe room? I'd hate for reality to intrude and "trigger" them..... >:D

Reality?  Sorry, but I doubt reality plays a part in any of this.  Here are some street interviews taken in Vancouver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ66gS7CqYo

George Wallace said:
Reality?  Sorry, but I doubt reality plays a part in any of this.  Here are some street interviews taken in Vancouver:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ66gS7CqYo
Seems like people related to him and his policies on Marijuana, environment and pulling the combat mission.

Good stuff. See, you can be fair and balanced george

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back