• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PMJT: The First 100 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
PuckChaser said:
How much do you want to bet there will be all sorts of ads and billboards all over the place once this infrastructure spending starts... they could call it an Economic Action Plan.... oh wait, is that taken?
The templates for signs are there - all they have to do is change colour ...
actionplan.jpg

economic-action-plan.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Altair said:
Yup, me and 51 percent of Canadians.

39.5 percent committed and 11.5 percent fair-weather fans...

con't

-Environmental Assessment Plan isn't turning out to be what was promised. An "immediate review" turned into a beast with another "cf18" no timeline.

-Promise on mail delivery seems to be shifting.

-Sounds like the Liberals will move towards banning the spanking of children by their parents.

Good2Golf said:
39.5 percent committed and 11.5 percent fair-weather fans...

39.5 percent with blind faith, and 11.5 percent with a temporary bemused infatuation.  [:'(

I am wondering why my Canadian Dollar is now at its lowest value since 1974. [:(

Altair said:

Here is a handy-dandy photo template then;  all you have to do is crop-and-paste your own face onto the photo, print and voila!

;D

George Wallace said:
I am wondering why my Canadian Dollar is now at its lowest value since 1974. [:(

Wonder all you want George, but you know as well as everybody else it has nothing to do with JT or the Liberals being in office in Ottawa.

You can blame Saudi Arabia for wanting to fight the Americans on the oil production front thus dropping the oil prices so low that Alberta is severely affected, and blame the Chinese since, simultaneously, they have had a slowdown in their economy that is resulting in lower demand for Canadian raw materials.

So long as Canada remains an economy that is principally exporting natural resources the international price of which, we do not control in the marketplace, and in particular oil, wood and potash, we will have a dollar that follows their international success.

Merry Christmas!  :christmas happy:

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Wonder all you want George, but you know as well as everybody else it has nothing to do with JT or the Liberals being in office in Ottawa.

Actually, not blaming JT (for all you JT Lovers out there), but have noticed that it has been a relatively common trend after each Election, that our dollar takes a dive.  It usually takes a strong Government policy in the following months to bring it back up.  In the meantime we can hopefully enjoy an influx of Tourists.  :christmas happy:

Altair said:

Too bad the actual number is less than 40% of the voters, which as people like you always reminded us from 2011 on "is not a mandate".

Waiting for those people to start putting "Stop Trudeau" signs everywhere to support their principles.....

Thucydides said:
And now the Finance Minister is working hard to tank the economy with "enhanced CPP contributions" ...
While I am sure that was not his goal, you will not have to worry until the economy turns around.  The provincial finance ministers have stymied this idea for now.

Finance ministers go slow on CPP reform as economic concerns bite
Bill Morneau says possibilities range from leaving status quo to 'significant' changes
By Kathleen Harris, CBC News
21 Dec 2015

Finance ministers from across Canada have agreed to hit the brakes on potential changes to the Canada Pension Plan.

At a closing news conference with his provincial and territorial counterparts in Ottawa today, federal Finance Minister Bill Morneau said discussions would continue — and conceded the status quo is an option due to the sluggish economy.

While ministers will achieve "milestones" in the coming year, there will be more consultation and study before any changes are proposed for the CPP, he said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/finance-ministers-meeting-cpp-1.3374596

Thucydides said:
Too bad the actual number is less than 40% of the voters, which as people like you always reminded us from 2011 on "is not a mandate".

Waiting for those people to start putting "Stop Trudeau" signs everywhere to support their principles.....
I appreciate you said people like me, and not me, because I have never ever said that.

Eye In The Sky said:
Here is a handy-dandy photo template then;  all you have to do is crop-and-paste your own face onto the photo, print and voila!

;D
I would much prefer to be the person on the right in that particular photo

I was worried that it was only First Nations band chiefs who would no longer be faced with financial transparency.

Thankfully the Liberals are moving to ensure their friends in the Unions will also no longer be held accountable for how much money they receive and where it goes.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/liberals-take-first-step-towards-repealing-tory-bill-that-would-force-unions-to-disclose-financial-records?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NP_Top_Stories+%28National+Post+-+Top+Stories%29

Jarnhamar said:
I was worried that it was only First Nations band chiefs who would no longer be faced with financial transparency.

Thankfully the Liberals are moving to ensure their friends in the Unions will also no longer be held accountable for how much money they receive and where it goes.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/liberals-take-first-step-towards-repealing-tory-bill-that-would-force-unions-to-disclose-financial-records?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NP_Top_Stories+%28National+Post+-+Top+Stories%29

That's a good policy, I'm surprised the Supreme Court didn't stop that bill. A union is a private organization created by private citizens. It is ridiculous that they would have to provide financial disclosure to anyone but their own membership, and that would be based upon their membership drafting up their own constitution that requires it (if not, they are just asking to be hosed).

You may not like unions or trust them at all, but people have the freedom to associate for very good reason, and the government nor the public has any business interfering in that just because they don't like certain groups.

I would have been happier had they banned third party advertising that counters/supports any political party. This is especially true of public sector unions, who are supposed to be non-partisan.

LMMFAO
I guess weed is being sold in ON now. How else can you explain this?
http://www.citynews.ca/2015/12/21/ontario-wants-you-to-donate-your-next-tax-rebate-to-paying-down-the-debt/#post-1332959

Sheep Dog AT said:
LMMFAO
I guess weed is being sold in ON now. How else can you explain this?
http://www.citynews.ca/2015/12/21/ontario-wants-you-to-donate-your-next-tax-rebate-to-paying-down-the-debt/#post-1332959
Cool story.

Don't see how it relates to PMJT first 100 days though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back