• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

On the Lighter Side..... CF Rations

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
OK everyone, let‘s lighten it up a bit and try some pleasant diversion and jovial jocularity on say..........hmmmm, I don‘t know, how about..(scratch head here)..Rations. Yea, RATIONS!!! That‘s the ticket. So any way, whats with these new wave nutritionists replacin‘ my java with this other stuff? Crappicino my butt, and if I wanted Earl Grey tea, I‘d join Star Fleet, wear tight uniforms and ask my replicator for it!! Don‘t know about you, but after 12 hrs in a night OP, I don‘t want to wrestle 3/4 of my patrol so I can get enough freeze dried crystals to jumps start my cardiac pump. Glad they‘re putting hot sauce in now though, tired of breaking the Tabasco in my butt pack, makes the rain suit sticky. :D

:D YYYAAAHH! Croatia 92/ sarajevo- had to wrestle the guys in my M113 to get those tiny 1 oz. bottles of Tabasco out of the US MRE packs. ( really, could have use the "old packs" where they had packs of 3 cigs, for "breaking the ice" with the locals! didn‘t smoke at the time!)( French section/Day rations packs had a bottle of wine in ‘em!) :rolleyes:

Now that MacDonald has discovered how to use the Graemlins, there will be no stopping him.... :)

What I miss of the old US type was losing the menu, having nothing but green cans with no markings. Open pound cake for breaky and finding......SPICED BEEF!!....ahhh crap here comes heartburn city! :eek:

Sounds like you guys remember the good OLD days hunting mammouths. While we‘re at it, how about those neat little can openers we used to get?

you know what they say about the army:
The pays as good as the food!

:D HHHMMM! nothing better than a good mammoth steak, after a long patrol( for mammoth , of course!) ( you needed a huge work party, though, at the kitchen!)( ever try to open a mammoth with those small US P-38s, I prefered the Cdn version) :D

and whats with the peanut butter in an unresealable packet now?
what happened to the "toothpaste" tube?
it was the best for full ruck marches when ur only a "lil bit" hungry and needed something to tide you o‘er till your eventual meal from a strange bag.

On my first ex this past weekend I was amazed at all the **** they put in the IMPs. All the sugars and whiteners blah blah blah, I did like the raspberry and oj mix though and I actually really liked the meatball dinner and the pork chow mein mmmm. Cold sausage and hashbrowns however did not like me very much

sausage and hash browns are the best!
next to the almighty LASAGNE(!!!) of course.
nothing can ever beat cold lasagne on a rainy morning.
mmm mmm good.
lol
(btw,those whiteners can be put into a canteen of water so the water‘ll have taste like those rocket candies(remember those) but wont be suggary and become sticky.)

O.K. now, I think we should all agree that the best thing that you can get are the tasty little slimy peaches. (although most of them fall on the ground, damn little spoon!, theyre still my fav.

Nope, can‘t agree. Try the cherry cake, heated up and soaked with rum, oh yeah! (so illegal, but makes it worth while) :blotto: Sorry, had to try the new gremlin.

SoF-forget the little spoon,just drink the peaches from the bag.
the pears and pineapples are the dirtiest desserts i‘ve EVER eaten from an IMP.
*shudder*

:flame: :fifty: :mg: :sniper:
these lil guys are the coolest things.
:fifty: he‘s my favourite.

I tried to just drink them but they just spilled all over my combats :crybaby: . Damn crappy packages they come in!(just joking)

I once met an individual who bragged about being responsible for the old plastic spoon being replaced by the new long, too small, too weak plastic spoon. He was convinced that because he filled out every user survey and complained that his spoon did not reach the bottom it was really his work. I doubt he can take so much credit, but I should have kicked him in the *** for it any way. Open the bag along a side (not an end) and it regular shaped spoon worked just fine.

recceguy, damn strait about the cherry cake, all though I‘ve never tried it with the rum (yet). I miss the baked orange too. I‘d have to say the worst thing out there is the pitted cherries (you can‘t trade those for a pack of salt and a clean stick) but they are a quantum leap beyond the old cherries complete with pits.

MCG,

Sure we weren‘t on the same section commanders course in ‘88 :fifty: . Had a grizzled old load master in the back of a US Army **** hook slap me for eating from the top down :confused: . Gave me the finer points of tearing the bag along the top and rest was just too easey. The mother of all invention is always in your hands and tatstes better followed by a couple of fission fused John Wayne cookies, :cool: if anyone can recall those. Live long, prosper and pass the tabasco baby, numm numms from the trenchs

‘88? If I recall that was my final year serving at CFB Baden-Soellingen Elementry School. :p It was another few years before I was wearing the green.

Back