• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Front end appears to be wrong for a Bedford
http://www.witham-sv.com/infopage.php?ID=1564&Overide=1

Yeah its a water purification unit.  Now I have it as a M46A2C, but it is all the same family of 2.5 ton trucks, so I'll give it to you.

So, your go.

Now that I know what is on the chassis I've found a couple of photos of this equipment. 

The official nomenclature for model number M46A2C is TRUCK, CHASSIS: 2 1/2 Ton, 6x6, W/Winch, W/E.  I haven't been able to find if the model number, nomenclature, or NSN changed when equipment (including water purification eqpt) was mounted on it; probably not.

I'm going to go with a photo of uniforms/kit this time, (I know it's been done before)  if it's not allowed feel free to let me know

I'll be amazed if anyone can identify the unit, but maybe the nation?

Argentina - I'd hazard to guess they're parachutists, but whether they're Marines or Army I can't say for certain.

MM

I'll be away for a few days away with no computer access  so I'll open it up to whoever wants to go next 

The answer is Uruguayan army 14th (airborne) battalion

First guess would be Steyr 1500A/01, but the engine bonnet and front fenders don't look quite right.

Back