• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

6131653036376530.jpg

Regards,
ironduke57

Mixture of 'Eastern' and 'Western' technologies.  Built on a cheaper, lighter chassis.  I would say Indian..........but what, I am unsure.

Mixture of 'Eastern' and 'Western' technologies? ->Yes.
Indian?->No.
Gepard-like turret?->Yes.
ZSU-23 frame?->No.
Chinese?-> Yes.

Regards,
ironduke57

Looks like it is basedon chassis of  type 63 by  Norinco. Engine  and final moved to front of vehicle. After that I am spurlos versunkt!!

Cheers,

tango22a

A tracked self-propelled variant (on Type 77 chassis) of the Type 90 twin 35mm AAA (Chinese copy of the Swiss Oerlikon GDF).  Tested but did not enter PLA service. 

Blackadder1916 said:
A tracked self-propelled variant (on Type 77 chassis) of the Type 90 twin 35mm AAA (Chinese copy of the Swiss Oerlikon GDF).  Tested but did not enter PLA service. 

Right. Your turn.

Regards,
ironduke57

Blackadder1916 said:
Since the Type 77 was based on the Type 63 Amphibious Tank, there was a link.

Well if I had said yes it could have lead in a wrong direction.

BTW: It looks like the Type 89 SPG uses the same chassis.

Regards,
ironduke57

Hasn't been any activity of late on the last veh photo I posted, so here's a view of its other side.

As per previous post this vehicle is Pinoy designed and built.  It is not a SIMBA, but much of its design was "borrowed" from it.  A number of prototypes were built, but it has not entered service in the Philippines Army.

Blackadder1916 said:
Hasn't been any activity of late on the last veh photo I posted, so here's a view of its other side.

Don´t count on me. Yesterday my grandma died and I am in no mood nor have I the time for this atm.

Regards,
ironduke57

Back