• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Pzkfw IV B  The white cross was only used in the Polish campaign, they were found to be great aiming points and were re-designed after the campaign.

Actually the Pz ll was not called the "Luchs" but was used as the basis for the Luchs but these were not built in large numbers

OK....MRM....B52, I'd know that cockpit anywhere.

The "VAB" is a Fennek.

There is a Stumgashuts....or Stug III there.

I'd say that the larger panzer is a "Mouse" but I'm not 100% on that.

Regards

As for the "Centurian-like" photo with the jammy cam, would it be a Chieftain in Iraqi service?  Just a wild guess....(I don't even know if Pre-Saddam Iraq even had British stuff!)

Von Garvin,
  Iraq used Soviet Block as well as French eqipment but, the Iranians had Cheiftains.

The tank with the jammy cam is I think a Vickers mark I Indian army. Second German tank, again I think is a VK1600 Leopard :salute:

That's right, the Leopard!
The Mk IV is a model "A".  And yes, used in the Polish Campaign.  The crews added black paint to the white crosses in order to reduce their aid to enemy gunners.

Remember folks.....one or two pics at a time please.... ;D

Have you figured this one out yet?

HINT: It is a Leopard...but what variant, who owns this one, and what is the designation of it in the army that it serves here?

von Garvin said:
Would it then be a Leo 2A5?

Leo 2 A4 at the most.

A5/ A6 have the sloped turret aplique armour IIRC.    ;)

Regards

yuppa...the A4 was the last batch produced before they upgraded the armour (and made it look cool).

Yup....it's a Leo 2A4....what country is it from, and what is that army's designation for it?

nsmedicman said:
Yup....it's a Leo 2A4....what country is it from, and what is that army's designation for it?

Sweden methinks

Strv 121 aka Leo 2S?

Denmark?
(those crazy, obviously racist, anti-muslim people? ::))

Just so you know...that was in reference to the comics that came out a while ago...so please no one take me serious...

Poland?
(It is South East, but then again...like have of europe is south east in relation to the Sweden)

Back