• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Login Problems

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
New feature: You can now post mesaged without logging in.

This is useful for those who use a computer, and that does not allow the use of cookies. (Most nowadays allow cookies.)

If you are not alredy logged in, you will be prompted to enter your username and password when you post or reply. Most other functions will require that you are logged in.

As always, please let me know if you have any feedback.

Cheers

Folks,

I‘ve just come across a problem where users who have a user number less than 200 may not be able to log in.

I‘ve alerted the vendor, and am awaiting a fix. In the mean time, please bear with me, and know that I‘m doing all I can.

Thanks

Problem solved.

Hope it didn‘t cause any inconvenience.

Shelley,

Can you give me some more details?

When/where does it ask you to log in? If you‘re posting, you‘re logged in.

It‘s possible that the machine you‘re using doesn‘t allow cookies. In this case, your login information won‘t be stored on the machine, and you‘d have to log in each time you posted a message...

Thanks!

Thanks, that could be the reason. It would say, "Hello, XCameron" at the top, but if I tried to do anything, it would say "You‘re not logged in". Veddy confusing to a newbie. Now it seems to be running OK. My workplace computer is very tempermental.

Ah, thanks for the additional details. I‘d say that‘s probably it, especially if it‘s now working on a different computer. Your work computer is probably configured not to "trust" external sites such as this, which is probably not a bad idea these days...

Actually, it‘s on the DIN server (DND‘s intranet site) which is amazing in itself , since NOTHING is normally allowed through. More than likely get cut-off one of these days. Thanks.. great site, I have passed the address around here. The DND newsgroups are fine, but one is extremely limited in how you put things, this site is much more candid.

I‘ve registered, and when logging..it directs me to the forums, but still says "You are not logged in". can anyone help me?

Just log in again. Sometimes it doesn‘t take the first time.

Just log in again. Sometimes it doesn‘t take the first time.

Oh, I recieved a pm from mike....and for some reason it started working once i was able to access my profile. Thanx though.

Hi Sh0rtbUs,

I‘ve finally added this to the FAQ:

http://army.ca/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/faq#custom-1

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers

Im not behind a Firewall and my cookies work fine on the many other forums im involved in....but its working now. Must have been a 1 time thing i geuss...thanx

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but my friend keeps trying to sign-up but she can‘t. Is this her problem or the site? Thanks.

The site is up and running OK, accepting new registrations, so I suspect it‘s something on their end.

Can you relay the message/error/problem they‘re encountering when attempting to register?

Cheers

Hey, it was a few days ago but then it wouldn‘t take her birthday. So I‘ll tell her she‘s the one with the problem. I‘m sure it‘ll work out. Thanks.

I think you‘re on to something because I have 2 friends that keep trying to get on here and can‘t. It continues to say error every time they enter their information.
:threat:

Hi Guys,

I've seen this problem a many times before... It's caused because their system won't accept cookies, for some reason.

There's generally one of two causes: your browser or a personal firewall.

If it's your browser, you may have to add "Army.ca" to your trusted list. In Internet Explorer, you need to add it to the "per site privacy actions" under the "privacy" tab of "internet options". Other browsers may have different settings.

The other frequent cause is that cookies may be blocked by a personal firewall, such as ZoneAlarm. If you're using one, be sure to check the settings there as well (often listed as "privacy" settings). Again, you may have to add Army.ca and/or *.army.ca to the exception list.

Lastly, make sure you're using this URL to register:

http://army.ca/forums

If you're still having problems, let me know.

Cheers
Mike

Back