• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JTF-2 Patrol / Tactical vests? any info?

• Thread starter Thread starter pappy
  • Start date Start date
KevinB I assume you are refering to operational only.  Is this a CANFORGEN type issue?  Can you now post the info as to what the problems are?  I seem to recall in Roto 0 that the 3VP boys took any rig they wanted as well as painted their cmbts/wpns/equipment etc.  2VP on the other hand tends to be a bit more anal. 

Yes OP usage only.

The TF RSM looked at the UCR's (submitted by Recce Sqn LdSH(RC), Recce Pl (3VP), B Coy (1VP) and the ASIC guys and decided rather than wait for the UCR's to make their way throught the Ottawa laborynth he woudl authorise troops to use CADPAT TW and AR off the shelf vest troops had bought with the own $ (cause the issue stuff sucks) and delegated down to the individual sgtmaj's what non CADPAT rigs could be worn to be chosen by them (so far everything under the sun has been authrorized as we have OD Green, German Chest Rigs in their desert Flectar, Tan, Coyote Brown rigs etc...)

Back at the home units it is the RSM's call (at least Regs)

thanks but still waiting for the reasons that they suck because as you are aware when at home and not gearing up for rotation no training is done so the 1 day on the range isn't enough for me to see what's wrong with it.

PAPPY HOW COULD YOU!? ;)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36071&item=2285473729&rd=1

For shame. :'(

Forgive me Father for I have sinned.  In a momemt of weakness I stayed from the path of rightiousness.  But I have seen the Word of the Lord and wisdom has come back to my feeble brain.  Glad it didn't sell!!!!, I have since changed my ways and have placed this Patrol Vest back on to it's rightful place of honor on the high pillar of rightious 782 Gear.

I would never have fogiven myself if this PV had sold.

I will now go do pushups, bends-and-thrusts and mountain climbers till I punk.

Sorry Andy I will never stray again!

pappy said:
Forgive me Father for I have sinned.   In a momemt of weakness I stayed from the path of rightiousness.   But I have seen the Word of the Lord and wisdom has come back to my feeble brain.   Glad it didn't sell!!!!, I have since changed my ways and have placed this Patrol Vest back on to it's rightful place of honor on the high pillar of rightious 782 Gear.

I would never have fogiven myself if this PV had sold.

I will now go do pushups, bends-and-thrusts and mountain climbers till I punk.

Sorry Andy I will never stray again!
Damn ... CDN $529.35 and your reserve still wasn't met? How much were you asking for it?  ???

I know a few guys that would pay more than than $700...

Pappy, you sure you don't want to make a private sale for that vest?.........

The JTF trialed the CADPAT Tac Vest long before it was trialed and finally approved for issue to the rest of the CF, trialed it and found it did not meet their requirements and based upon their recommendations were given a tac vest that met those specific needs. 

I just re-visited this old thread.

"The JTF trialed the CADPAT Tac Vest long before it was trialed and finally approved for issue to the rest of the CF, trialed it and found it did not meet their requirements and based upon their recommendations were given a tac vest that met those specific needs."

Were you drunk when you wrote this? it sounds like drunk-talk. Try saying it out loud. Drunk-talk or an eight year old.

obviously made sense to everyone else :-).

He is saying that the JTF or whatever did their own trial and killed the idea for themselves, before the rest of the CF did a trial and purchase of it.

better?

Q

No kiddin'? Is that what he meant? Gee thanks, thank goodness you cleared it up for me.  ::) Geeze Louise.

I was just commenting on the style of writing and the repetition of the word trial. Try reading it out loud, it sounds funny.

sorry about that, didn't mean to imply that you didn't know what he meant, but from what I can tell, the composition was correct, and makes sense as is.

JTF talk.  Nice  ;D

Q

qjdb said:
obviously made sense to everyone else :-).

He is saying that the JTF or whatever did their own trial and killed the idea for themselves, before the rest of the CF did a trial and purchase of it.

better?

Q

::)

I think Andy know a wee bit better than you  :P

I just want to know if he said it out loud. What are you hiding? Were you his english teacher? Say it out loud! Say it!;D

Yet another "JTF themed" thread that turns into a pissing contest !  Why does this happene almost every single time ?

Because everyone wants to pretend they know something about them that no-one else does.

In this particular instance it was a lame jpke on my part being misinterpreted. Thanks for chiming in though.

Back