• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

JTF-2 Patrol / Tactical vests? any info?

• Thread starter Thread starter pappy
  • Start date Start date
I work in a QM those pouches are all just variations of the tacvest we all get isued. I have interchangeable pouches on mine that i can swap as i see fit.

pappy,
        What is the price for this vest ? And where we can find it ?

Although the pouches are interchangeable I doubt you've seen the pouch variations he posted.  Which is good because you don't need to replace the whole vest with add on pouches.  The current standard vest is certainly lacking in the amount of mags you can carry.

Soliders301 - I have no idea what this Patrol Vest would cost, I've only gotten pictures sent to me from a friend who knows how to tease me with my kit addiction. An old buddy who stays in touch over the years, we discuss kit from time to time and he sent me these pictures to show me some new stuff.  All I know is that it was made by Pacific Safety Producs, they might have something on thier website.  But..... the skinny I got was that these are  a "Special Production" for a un-named group...  from the pics I got and the info I got from him it seems these Patrol vests and Chest rigs where produced in both TW and AR CADPAT. And both share similar features and can use some of the same modular pouches.

When I asked him what it would take to get one of these he just laughed... So I assume they are a small production run.

Painswesses - the modular concept seems different from the standard CF Tac-Vest, on the Tac-vest the C9 and water bottle / rations pouches are each totaly sperate from each other and you remove the entire pouch and replace with the desired one.  The Partol Vest has a permently attached "uni-sex" pouch that the removeable C9 / C7 poches insert into and mate with permentaly attached mounting system , sorry if the description is lacking.  if you remove these C7 / C9 pouches your left with a permemently attached partial pouch, which is the outer skin / bottom section of the modular inserts.  The Modular inserts provide the respective flaps and covers for the top.  The 2 pistol mag pouches mounted on each side of these bottom permemently attached pouch.  Two each side, for a total of 4.

The other pouches are removeable entirely, as they have zippers on each side and come of as one whole peice, these pouches do not have anything to do with the insert type pouches described above.  Below these zip off pouches are PALS attachments.  These zip off pouches are located towards the rear sides, and also have a 3-mag / gernade(s) pouches attached to them.  These two zip off pouches are larger then the modeular C9 pouches described above.

My friend noticed that if these large pouch are empty and the mag pouch is used if can sort of be folded down and the pocuh pocket flap and fasttex strap can be clamped down over it to compress the empty pouch and making the loaded mag pouch snug up and be held tight againt the body of the vest. thus reducing bulk and width without actually removing pouch. 

I sure hope Mike has the bandwith problem fixed, those pics would really overload it if not. Pappy, try uploading any pictures you have to the Photo Gallery, that way they stay there and won't disappear when the thread goes stale. Also easier for everyone to access. Cheers.

Painswesses - the PSP vest is not like the issued TV POS at all.

Pappy nice pics - I saw a few this summer (in a buddies basement in Ottawa...) and did not expect to see then on the net so soon.

Ok, all the pics are working for me now. Thank you to whoever/whatever fixed them :D

Now that is a nice piece of kit. It's to bad PSP does not advertise their stuff for public sale.

opps sorry if I overloaded the server a bit with all the pics....

KevinB, haha yeah my buddy has shown me some interesting stuff..... 
You should see the nice CADPAT TW and AR Sniper Combats he had, damn nice stuff...
But then again maybe you have....

glad everyone enjoyed the pics.

Tactical vests are obviously better tactically, but they have soemthing that are webbing dont and thats the butt pack. Our butt pack can almost fit any type of kit in it while there isn't a pouch that can fit so much on the tactical vest

well we are supposed to have the small pack, or recce bag or whatever to suplement it, but that is not exactly here yet. though, a buddy of mine in my unit who was on ROTO-0 to afghanistan was my wep det commander on SG this year, and he carried everything he needed in his vest, though his one pocket was ridiculously full it worked i think, i get mine tomorow so we will see.

Only had the TV a short time, but to get around the no but-pack issue we tool two approaches.  First, we did successfully connect out 82 pattern pack to the bottom of the center panel.  Didn't fit perfectly but did the job well enough for the couple of weekends it was required.  Also tried connecting the Modular packets from Wheeler (CP) and they fit perfectly in the vertical webbing on the back of the center panel (Yoke) and positioned low enough didn't interfere with the use of a pack.  Downside to both options were that it was a little on the floppy side, but the extra carriage space fit the bill perfectly.

Guys - we now have authourity to wear commerical chestrigs and LBV's - simply because all of our documentation of the failures of the TV - I am sorry that some of you feel I am slagging the best peice of kit you have ever been issued  ::)

Sadly it is a POS - PSP makes some great vests - unfortunately the chairborne ranger committee picked the wrong one...

So you are allowed to wear commerical LBVs now? that sounds cool. Would surplused 82 pat webbing count as commercial now? although im only a cadet of all the different types of webbing ive tried ive found the 82 to fit best. I expect i am missing some though.

KevinB, perhaps you could start a thread on field expedient improvements to the TV?

Many members of the board have already had extensive experience with it, so it will be a service to fellow members to list some of the little tricks, like bungie cord in the side panel straps. No need for everyone to figure this out by themselves.

Ive had mine for about a year and a half now, one tour with it (roto 13).  The biggest problem Ive found is that they were made quite poorly.  Most of the vest started falling apart quite quickly.  The snaps on the frog tend to break quite easily.  Infact almost everyone in my platoon had at least one of there snaps broken by the time the tour was over.  As well the fact that it only carries 4 extra mags is odd.  As for load carriage, i didn't find it a problem.  Where we used to store stuff in our but pack most of us just  carried the rest of our kit in out back packs ie nuke, Alice, avenger. 

The biggest peeve i have about the new vest is that clothe the soldier designed it so that it would be modular in that every soldier could customize it to how they preferred it and the first thing that happens is higher ups go and make SOPs and Kit lists throwing the original idea out the window.

The biggest peeve i have about the new vest is that clothe the soldier designed it so that it would be modular in that every soldier could customize it to how they preferred it and the first thing that happens is higher ups go and make SOPs and Kit lists throwing the original idea out the window.

Rephrase that: clothe the soldier designed it so that it would be modular in that every soldier could customize it to how they the higer ups preferred it

See, now it makes perfect sense.

Back