• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joint Task Force 2 (JTF 2) - Canadian Special Forces

• Thread starter Thread starter the patriot
  • Start date Start date
Britney Spears said:
Oh, and you should get one of these:

6d_1_b.jpg

I hear they wear them in garrison.

Surprised to even see that. I doubt that any JTF member will wear anything in public on or off base that would indicate their affiliation to the unit.

Anyone can get text put on a shoulder flash... could be this is not legit.

Na, its legit, they have to staple it to thier forehead when they leave camp........me thinks Britney is having a chuckle right now....

There are a couple of companies in Canada where you can order Shoulder Flashes to order.

I'd hazard to guess that is where this one originated.

Infanteer said:
Considering the Regular Army can use them (isn't there a WP mortar round), I don't see why the Ski Team wouldn't....

is there a grenade like that or is it just a mortar round?

There is a front page story in today's Ottawa Citizen regarding JTF2 unit badges and flashes being sold on EBay. These are bogus items and probably without value as real militaria.

Yeah you can buy CADPAT JTF2 patch on eBay, for about 25$CAD. Here is a picture of one of them :

I wouldn't get too wrapped around the patches guys.

Making JTF name tags is a step above clever troops making fake last name - name tags.  All you do is order them and tel them what to say.

As for the patches airsofters and JTF fans alike eat that stuff up.

People sell chucks of road asphalt and say it's pieces of the berlin wall on EBAY.  You can get anything on EBAY.

It's not a name tag, it's a unit flash that goes at the bottom of your slip-on. You have name tags that look like that?

You say you're in the army?  What were you saying about low standards of dress and deportment? ;D

I'm practicing telling everyone they look like shit and they need better dress and deportment all the while I myself look like a bag of hammers with my boot laces hanging out, boot bands undone, shirt strings hanging out and sleeves uneven. And im bear marching.
Who am I  ;D

Your right the picture isn't a name tag (Oopps), just figured it's the same deal as people making fake name tags with 'clever' last names. I've also seen someone with a JTF name tag (not the flash) which was obviously pretty stupid.

[When i can get away with it, i wear "CANADA" flashes so people don't come up to me and play the name game
"Oh do you know so and so? so do I. Thats so great."
Also lessens NCOs from the ever intmidating "Ohh your in that unit, I know your RSM balrg blarg blarg"]

Ghost778 that's why I try to wear my Corps flashes instead of my unit flashes.  ;D   

i cant make out half of what is written around the globe/sword/leaf sign, what is it? it looks like half french half english?

jerrythunder said:
i cant make out half of what is written around the globe/sword/leaf sign, what is it? it looks like half french half english?

From http://www.ops.forces.gc.ca/units/jtf2/default_e.asp

this is what the JTF2 patch looks like

jtf2bi.jpg

Little bit about the fake stuff being sold on E-bay

Fake JTF2 Memorabilia for Sale on EBAY
Josh Pringle
Sunday, March 27, 2005

The Canadian Forces has declared war on those selling fake Joint Task Force 2 memorabilia on EBAY.

A spokesperson says fake crests in full colour, identification tabs for uniforms and rank badges with the JTF-2 emblem have been selling on the internet auction site over the last few months. The patches are being sold for 20 dollars US.

For security reasons, members of the elite commando unit do not wear any identifying insignia for the JTF-2.
http://www.cfra.com/headlines/index.asp?cat=1&nid=26300

You can also by this spiffy JTF-2 t-shirt on Ebay
21_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36068&item=6520275898&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

::)

Got that clown beat. I'm going to sell plain black t-shirts (no emblem or logo) for $40 and tell folks they're the real thing. ;)

Mike Bobbitt said:
Got that clown beat. I'm going to sell plain black t-shirts (no emblem or logo) for $40 and tell folks they're the real thing. ;)

;D

If NDHQ were smart, they would make up "official" ones and sell them themselves. Might actually pay for an operation or two. Or maybe some new equipment.

Back